need an easy appetizer menu

yummy72

DIS Veteran
Help! I'm having a little celebration this Fri nite after my daughter's dance recital. I will be at the recital and then rushing home to pull everything out of the fridge, with the guests right behind me. I need a couple of tasty, make ahead appetizers that I can pull out of the fridge and put on the table. Last year I did homemade salsa, chips, tortilla pinwheels, and turtle brownies to name a few. This year the guests may include a vegetarian, and some great grandparents (there goes the spicy food idea :) Let me know if anyone has anything new ideas to suggest. Thanks!

Combine 2 packages of cream cheese (reduced fat is fine, fat fee probably isn't), one package hidden valley ranch dressing mix, and one small jar of chopped pimientos. Mix until they're creamy, and then spread on tortillas. Roll tortiallas up and then wrap them each in plastic wrap. To serve, remove from fridge (they need to be in there at least 4 hours) and slice.

Spinach dip is another good thing to pull out of the fridge. Have your bread hollowed out ahead of the time and then fill it when you get the dip out. I don't have a recipe handy, but those aren't hard to find.

Thanks Kermit...I think I will definitely go with the spinach dip in a bread bowl idea. I know I have a recipe for that!

Here's what I decided on:

Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Nuts (Thanks Beth!)
Pink Lemonade Pie (so I'd have something pink to put the plastic ballerina cake topper on)
Zippy oyster crackers (the kind with the ranch dressing mix)
Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl w/ tortilla chips (Thanks Kermit!)
Finger Sandwiches (roast beef, ham, turkey, cheese)
A Roasted Garlic Spread for the Sandwiches (If it tastes good I'll post the recipe!)

Yes our family is a hungry bunch!

Take care...

Here ya go:

Lemonade Stand Pie

1/3 cup Country Time Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, Strawberry or Raspberry Lemonade Mix
1/2 cup water
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream-softened
1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust

Stir drink mix and water until drink mix is completely dissolved. Beat lemonade mixture and ice cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Stir in Cool Whip until smooth. Spoon into crust.
Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Makes 8 servings

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter