Need Epcot Restaurant Help!

DSarnikF

Earning My Ears
Hi - I am going to a convention in Orlando leaving NYC on July 11th. My friends and I (all women) want to dine at Epcot and see Illuminations. We were thinking about Marrakesh. Would we be able to see the show from there? If not, would we be able to see the show from any restaurant while eating? If not, then I would like to have enough time to enjoy my meal and show at Marrakest and then have time to get to a place where we can see Illuminations. Any suggestions are more than welcomed!!!

thanks,
deb
5/03 Poly, Wonder Cruiseprincess:

You can see the show from window tables at Bistro de Paris and Mituskoshi (sp?) Lounge in Japan or the outside terrace at Rose and Crown at England. All of these restaurants would require a PS, about 8:00 or 7:30, often made 90 days in advance. Then you have to show up much earlier and request a location to see the firewarks and wait patiently, with no guarantee of a good table. Marrakesh is all enclosed, no windows. Get a PS earlier, then stake a spot 45 min-hr ahead for Illuminations. Good luck, it may all be a bit crowded .

Carla

The lounge in Japan doesn't take PSs. But its a lounge, not a restaurant (though they serve sushi) and people get there quite early for fireworks seats.

With the exception of the Rose and Crown's outside tables, you will most likely find your view blocked at other restuarants, including the Cantina in Mexico. People get there very early, and those that don't crowd out those that did.

So, have a nice dinner at Marrakesh (great food by the way) say around 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. and when finished head for a place along the lagoon for your viewing of Illuminations. Pay attention to the direction of the wind, and do not stand in it's path. You'll get a face full of smoke and fumes from the fireworks.

Have a grand time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter