Need grand floridian input

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
My 15 year wedding anniversary is April 2006. DH and I were thinking of taking a 3 night trip without the kids :banana: and stay at the Grand Floridian. We want to go during April School Vacation so it will be easier to get someone to watch the kids. I was going to try to book it soon because I amagine it books up quickly during April vacation. The points are VERY high to stay there but I figure it's our 15th anniversary so I can justify it. Paying cash would be way too expensive. Any thoughts? We've never stayed there. Is it worth it? :confused3

I was going to stay at the GF this coming August but now my plans changed dramatically and I can't go now. So now I'm stuck with reservation points that expire November 30, 2005.

If you are interested in going prior to November 30th, let me know. I'd like to find a way to utilize these points.

Zach

I love the GF. But when we have stayed there we have paid cash with an AP rate rather than use points.

Even at rack rate, I'd still pay cash. For a gardenview during peak season next April, rack rate is $475/night. It is 51 points for S-TH and 92 :earseek: for Fri and Sat.. You could rent out your points and still do better than that especially if your stay will include a weekend night or two. For weeknights it is probably a wash once you add tax.

Or just save your points.....that is what I like to do. ;)

I would suggest you look into renting your points and then using the cash to stay there.

First, Congratulations on 15 years. :sunny:

I say go for it. The best scenario would be to rent your points, but then there are complications/hassle with doing so.

I stayed at the GF one night before my cousin's wedding. I have always wanted to stay there. It was nice, but not as great as I thought it was going to be. Perhaps if I stayed longer I would have appreciated it more. My DH and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary at BCV, just the 2 of us in a 1 bedroom. It was wonderful, I love the jacuzzi tub and the extra space. I felt bad about using so many points on a 1 bedroom for just the 2 of us. I soon got over it and I am happy that we splurged on ourselves. Congrats on 15 years of marriage.

We honeymooned at the GF (was my first stay on-site) so I was spoiled from the beginning. We have only been back once for an anniversary trip and I highly recommend it! We used AP rates when we stayed. Yes, the price is higher but we absolutely love it there and really felt pampered. Every once in awhile, ya just gotta treat yourself!

I'm with chrissybear. It wasn't everything I thought it would be. While my MK view was amazing, I think the rooms are just as nice at BW or OKW.

Wherever you end up staying, have a wonderful anniversary and congratulations!!

BEAUTIFUL resort.....
the room decor was pretty, the lobby stunning, very good dining options.

the room felt sooo small tho (and we had one of the "turret rooms" with an extra sitting area) ~ i think DVC 1 bdrm's spoiled us. ;)

Thanks for all of your input everyone. I think I'm definately going to do it. Unfortunately I will be using points but will avoid the weekend point rate. Thanks again! :wave:

We are using points to stay there in September after 12 nights at BCV, 3 nights on the concierge floor of the mainbuilding. Yes, it's a lot of points but we don't want to rent them out so we don't care. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter