Need help/advice getting started, please!!

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
I have done scrapbooks before and have even done scrapbook-style autograph books for our last trip. However, I have never gotten into digital scrapbooking or even just scanning my scrapbooking pages. My Nanny came with my family this trip for her first-ever Disney trip (she's 74-ish), and I really want to make a book for her, me and DH and one for my kids to take when they are much older.

So can anyone give me any suggestions where/how to get started? I would really like to have a printed photo-type book. Are there sites that specialize in Disney themes, etc.? If I went the route of scrapbooking one book, can anyone share your experiences with scanning the pages to be printed as a book?

We just returned home last night and I am very eager to get started, yet don't really know what to start with!!! Any advice is appreciated!!!!

Shutterfly offers Disney photo books if you want to go that route. I made one recently and was happy with how it turned out - that would probably be the easiest option since they have pre made layouts, embellishments etc and you can get as many printed as you'd like when you are done. You could probably also supplement the pages with elements from digital scrapbook kits if you wanted.

If you wanted to do a traditional scrapbook you'd probably want to do an 8.5 x 11 book instead of a 12 x 12 book because those pages will easily fit on a scanner bed and then you can upload them to a site like shutterfly and get it put into a book so you'd have the one original and however many printed copies you would like.

Still looking for ideas?

You can totally go with Shutterfly if you like their layouts and want to print with them.

You can also do digital scrapbooking with software like Adobe Elements, using templates you find online or design for yourself.

Or you can do a traditional scrapbook and scan/print copies for everyone else.

Which do you think you'd most like to do? If Shutterfly, their stuff is pretty self-explanatory, I find - just sign in, upload your photos, and get started dropping your photos into the layouts they provide. If paper scrapping, go for it - do what you do! :) If you're up for trying digital scrapbooking, there are lots of ways to go about it. I'm a fan of Elements - it's got a fairly easy learning curve, and it's capable of doing just about everything you can think of trying on a scrapbook page, and it's so easy to pop online and find free (or inexpensive) layouts, papers, embellishments, etc that are really fun to use.

Does that help at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!