need help from AP holder, Please

Darcy

Well behaved women rarely make history-Margaret Th
I bekieve we would save money if i were to buy an AP, but CRO said that you do not get the free dining, its different and it's $50 for the family.

Can anyone tell me what this dining package is like?

Man, my travel agent is going to kill me.

I believe you are talking about The Disney Dining Plan. If you are an AP holder, you can purchase this plan for $50. It entitles you to a 20% discount on meals at most of the sitdown restaurants in WDW. DD and I used it the other night at Chef's de France. I saved 20% off the total of our dinners.

this is true because if you use your AP to book a room it's a room only reservation, you can't add on the dining plan. The dining plan can only be used if you book a package, which means you pay rack rate for the room and you have to buy tickets with it.

The $50 is for the purchase of the Disney Dining Experience card which gives you 20% off your meals and alcoholic beverages. You can buy this card or not, but I've found that the DDE really is a good deal for us.

However, we're planning a Sept trip and we'll be utilizing the free dining plan advertised! WOOHOO!

The Disney Dining Experience is $50.00 for an AP holder. This provides 20% at the food courts in the value resorts, and at the moderate resort POFQ and the sit down restaurants at the moderate and deluxe resorts.
It is also good at most the sit down restaurants in the parks.
Here is a link to Deb Wills site.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

By the way, it isn't a card. They send you a letter that you have to carry around. I think that is very strange. When we ate at Epcot, I had to dig out this piece of paper which the server took with my id in order to get the discount. I really would rather have a card.

Feralpeg said:
By the way, it isn't a card. They send you a letter that you have to carry around. I think that is very strange. When we ate at Epcot, I had to dig out this piece of paper which the server took with my id in order to get the discount. I really would rather have a card.

Eventually, you get a card. Don't know why they can issue a letter in 1-2 weeks and it takes 8 weeks for the card...

EthansMom said:
Eventually, you get a card. Don't know why they can issue a letter in 1-2 weeks and it takes 8 weeks for the card...

Thank you! Good to know!

Before you buy, there have been major changes to the AP. CHeck them out! It may not be the best option anymore.

Darcy said:
I bekieve we would save money if i were to buy an AP, but CRO said that you do not get the free dining, its different and it's $50 for the family.

Can anyone tell me what this dining package is like?

Man, my travel agent is going to kill me.
For the free dining you can book the MYW + free dining and then upgrade your MYW tickets into APs once you get to the parks at Guest Services.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=834884
Found this on another thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter