Need help from Mac Users: Best Digital Camera?

kahluacream

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I recently got a Mac PowerBook, but need to upgrade my digital camera to go along with it. Can anyone recommend a "Mac-friendly" digital camera with good resolution and a lot of zoom? I'm looking for something pretty compact and easy to use that will plug right into the Mac when I want to download my pictures. In terms of budget, I definitely would like to stay under about $400.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm pretty clueless when it comes to technology, but I take lots of pictures. :)

The great thing about a mac is the built in support for many different camers. I have had a lot of difficulty with Sonys cameras on the mac and I have loved the various Canon cybershots and the Digital Rebel SLR. My Wife has a Canon S110m that has been easy to use and provided us with many memories. Kodak makes a nice camera but I found that for more than a total novice it can be frustrating but I grew up with camers so I find good controls that are simple to use my favorite feature. I also want to just turn on the camers and take a picture without haveing to do anything else and that can be a problem with some camers. Sometimes just a better memory card will fix a slow performing camers. :smooth:

i've had two kodak cameras and iPhoto worked well with both of them. I have a kodak DX6490 (or is it 9460??) It has digital zoom and 4 mega pixels and takes really great photos!!

The new iLife does some really cool things in iPhoto!

Good luck with your new machine!
tara

I would think that as long as you have a reader for the memory tape (CF, xD, SD, or Memory Stick) any camera out there should be no problem for a Mac. Especially is you use an advanced program like Photoshop, or just shoot in the cameras normal modes, which usually save a JPEG or TIFF and avoid the RAW format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter