Need help picking dinning!

Fav signature dinning?

• Total voters

swetzel

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are doing a 4 day trip to disney (plus 2 days at universal, doing a split stay) and we need some help picking out where to eat for dinner. We are doing quick service type stuff for breakfast and lunch most days and want to do big fancy signature dinning for dinner every night. (We dont have kids) We are only going to epcot and MK maybe adding AK if we book an early flight. So far I've been looking at California grill and yachtsman steakhouse (we are staying at yacht club). Those 2 I'm pretty confident in. Also looking at narcoossees and flying fish but seeing mixed feelings about those. I've heard jikos is amazing but we are rather picky and bf doesn't like anything with much spice so I'm unsure about it... but please tell me your favorites and why! Any 1 credit dinning faves are appreciated also as we will probably do 1 or 2 of those but mostly doing 2 credits. Sorry for the long post this is our first time at Disney there is so much to do! Thanks!

If you're looking for a good steak I'd say take Le celier off the list, it isn't as good as it used to be IMO. Yachtsman is good, but I haven't been there in a couple years (I do have family that went last year and still loved it). I'm a big fan of flying fish, only been once since they redid it but it was a highlight of our trip. If you want an Epcot restaurant I'd almost suggest la hacienda, even my super picky mom who hates Mexican really enjoys that restaurant. but again it does depend on your tastes. And that way you can try and see fireworks from there, which is nice over dessert. But honestly you have a lot of good options, I'd say do what fits your touring plans, and maybe look over menus in advance to make sure there are a couple dishes that look appetizing (that's how we sell my mom on a lot of places, and it's worked out well). Either way enjoy your trip, and happy planning!

Signature dining is fancy, big in price, not in portions. And their recipes may not be as palatable as you might think, as you said, the spices at Jiko for instance may not appeal to your BF, etc.
There are a lot of 1 credit restaurants that are really good to try. Not sure if you are choosing signature because it might be more romantic or a better quality dining experience or something?
Many times I can't justify paying signature dining prices for what they offer, but that's me. Everyone should try places for themselves and then decide what they like.

If you are not eating at Be Our Guest during lunch, then book a dinner there, it's pretty neat, I'd recommend eating there at least once.

If you are looking for a big dining experience, try 'Ohana, lots of food, it is at the Polynesian, it is a fun resort - go to Trader Sam's after for drinks or just to check it out.

I'd recommend Chefs de France in Epcot, it has the feel of a signature dining restaurant, very pretty place, you can try for a window table and maybe catch some fireworks. Their French Onion Soup is great. (Of course the signature Monsieur Paul is upstairs, I've never been.)

I'd also recommend San Angel Inn for the ambiance, we also love the food here.

My boyfriend and I are doing a 4 day trip to disney (plus 2 days at universal, doing a split stay) and we need some help picking out where to eat for dinner. We are doing quick service type stuff for breakfast and lunch most days and want to do big fancy signature dinning for dinner every night. (We dont have kids) We are only going to epcot and MK maybe adding AK if we book an early flight. So far I've been looking at California grill and yachtsman steakhouse (we are staying at yacht club). Those 2 I'm pretty confident in. Also looking at narcoossees and flying fish but seeing mixed feelings about those. I've heard jikos is amazing but we are rather picky and bf doesn't like anything with much spice so I'm unsure about it... but please tell me your favorites and why! Any 1 credit dinning faves are appreciated also as we will probably do 1 or 2 of those but mostly doing 2 credits. Sorry for the long post this is our first time at Disney there is so much to do! Thanks!

I travel with children and do signature meals almost every night that we are Disney so don't think that signatures are only for adults:).
IMO there are no signatures you're considering that are merit-less so you are just going to knuckle down and make some hard decisions.

Jiko's- we've eaten there twice so far and it gets better every time. There are always a few entrees and appetizers listed on the menu for the less adventurous and although I'm a "spice freak", the man is not thus we were both happy at this eatery. Fantastic setting (arrive early and wander the grounds- you might see a giraffe or two), beautiful surroundings and attentive service.

Flying Fish- the decor is one of the most elegant restaurants I've seen on property. You can feel assured that the fish and seafood dishes are fresh and your roasted beef dishes cooked as requested. Beautiful plate service and setting. Amazing desserts......the pastry chef uses the plates as canvases and they taste sublime as well.

Narcoossee's- so far we've only eaten here for brunch (which was discontinued in February) but we do plan to return for dinner based solely on that experience.

CG- We'll be eating here for the first time in July and opted for the brunch. Here's hoping it lives u to it's reviews although in truth I think we will be fine on that level.

M. Paul's - still haven't eaten here but it's on our bucket list for an adults' only trip.

Our current favorite 1 TS restaurants are:

Kona Cafe- close to MK, lovely salmon when it's on the menu. Credible sushi, sashimi and burger. Relaxing setting with A/C.

Via Napoli- very good Neapolitan style pizza with many ingredients imported from Italy. One individual pizza has 4 slices and might be enough for 2 people with a salad and maybe an appetizer. Can be a bit loud which I think depends on what part of the restaurant you eat in the section to the right of the entrance overlooking the outdoor seating has A/C and it's quieter than the main dining room.

Tokyo Dining- A very nice Japanese restaurant that differs from the well regarded Teppan Edo. Quieter, overlooks Echo Lake (try to get a table by the windows), with nicely presented and cooked food.

Katsura Grill- not sure how this is paid for in credits if you are doing the dining plan but it's set up as a mountain retreat and makes a nice respite from the crowds around the World Showcase. Crispy tempura with a light hand on the batter served with a noodle soup is our restorative favorite.

Sommerfest- limited menu and tables. The food isn't as heavy as that served at it's sister restaurant, Biergarten. We're happy with the bratwurst and frankfurter although I prefer the franks which are seasoned German style as opposed to American. A giant pretzel will easily serve two people so be careful when ordering.

York County Fish Shop- if you haven't scored a ressie to Rose+Crown just grab some fish and chips from here which is right next door. Out door seating overlooking the lake. We ate there for a late breakfast once, LOL.

For lunch at be our guest do you make a reservation for that? I wasnt sure since it is a qs for lunch. We are looking at doing signature dinning mostly bc we were looking at doing the dxddp but I'm not 100% sure yet. I like the idea of not having to worry about how much something costs. But thats another discussion lol.

Be Our Guest is by reservation, yes.

As for your list, I fell in love with California Grill for dinner on my last trip. The views are fantastic, service is excellent, and the food is some of the best on property.

The only other restaurant on your post that I are at was Le Cellier. It was one of the better meals I ate, but I have trouble justifying 2 credits for it. I would put it at 3 credits for 2 people, but Disney won't allow that.

We love Blue Zoo at the Dolphin. Lovely restaurant with great food.

I really think that Jiko's it the best restaurant on property. If you bf is less adventurous he could have the Oak Grilled Filet Mignon. My favorite is the Elk Loin. You really can't go wrong with The California Grill (another favorite) and I agree with one of the above posters Le Cellier used to be one of the best if not the best steakhouse on property. However they became Signature and in my opinion a legend in their own mind. They quality has declined. As for Yachtsman you really can't go wrong their either.

Really depends on what you're into. If you're looking for the best beef on property, you want Shula's at the Swan & Dolphin. For Seafood, Flying Fish has always been amazing, though I've not tried the new menu. Love California Grill for both food and unbeatable view. Jiko should probably top all foodies' list of "must do" restaurants. We love Artist point for sentimental reasons, but some suggest the quality has fallen off some recently. Yachtsman a few months ago did not impress as a signature experience, beyond the admittedly very good steak you can get in steakhouses at home. Lots of conflicting feedback lately regarding Narcoosee's, but this is one I haven't been to in years.

California Grill and Yatchsman are good choices.
We love Jikos, they have adventurous food and some not so much. If thats not your thing, I would skip it. But consistantly one of the best meals each trip.
Citriccos was okay, good food, but didn't wow us like I was expecting.
Flying Fish was really good and worth doing.
We really enjoyed Monsieur Paul. You would need to look at the menu to see if you like the choices. We will be doing it again.
Artist Point - we have never had a bad meal there, but reviews have been all over. For picky eaters, ot wanting alot of spice, could be a safe choice.

We love Le Cellier. Also not on your list and I do not think it is a signature but Boma is one of the best breakfasts and dinners on property.

I cannot speak highly enoug. Of monsieur paul! My family is family friends with the manager there and he really works hard to make sure every guest has a great experience there. The food is amazing, and if you are willing to wait the evtra 10 minutes for a table by the windows it’s an amazing view while you eat.

Jiko is our favorite on property! My fiancé is way more adventurous than I am and I loved it! The wild boar appetizer is our most favorite item in all of WDW the sauce is to dieeeeee for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter