Need help with tevas

stacie_d

Mouseketeer
I need some help. Dh ans I love our birkenstock sandles. We have several pairs each. But we really need something waterproof and strap on. know birkenstock makes some, but I am not sure if I would like them. So we are looking in to the tevas. I know a lot of you love them. I was wondering how the two compare. Also, where do I find them? And does anyone know what would be a good price for them? Any info at all would be extremely helpful.

Thanks EUROPA for the rei.com link. I've been thinking about getting some tevas and at REI I was able to get some on clearance. Paid $35 (retail $75). Now I hope they're as comfortable as people say.

I bought Teva Circuits, but it ended up that I couldn't wear them. They don't have a very high arch support and that didn't agree with my extremely high arches. For the cheapest price of Teva's I would get them off EBay. They are several people who sell brand new Teva's for an extremely reasonable price. Go to a local store first to try them on and get your proper size. I just bought a pair of Birkenstocks a couple of days ago, and I think I am going to like them. I bought the nubuck leather ones, but I did see the new water proof ones that Birkenstock has. They were very nice, and looked like leather. They are actually a material called Birkibuc, and it said that the straps don't need a break in time. The Milano (2 straps and heel strap) is made in a variety of materials, including the new Birkibuc. Anything from the new "Birki's" line is waterproof too I think. Again, EBay also has excellent prices of Birkenstock's as well as the Teva's. If you are used to the support of Birkenstocks you may not like Teva's.

I love my Birks but always wear my Tevas for beaches or the cottage. I got my last pair of Birks wet and they never fit quite right after that so they are now for strictly dry weather now. I have not seen the new water proof one yet.

I was a die hard Birk fan, until I tried a pair of Ecco Cosmo sandals. In fact, the lady at the shoe store sold them to me as "The Disney World Sandals," because even though they have leather uppers, they are safe for water rides. Don't know anywhere offhand where you can get them cheap, but you might do a search on the internet, and see if you can come up with anything. I have had Tevas too, but I like the Ecco's much better!

i got the teva circuit leathers at reioutlet.com. They are very comfortable but i did notice after they get wet a few times and your feet sweat..they do tend to smell a little. I got the pretty ruggeds at rei.com on sale for $49
They are great. Very padded and have something in the sole for the odor control. I have been wearing them all over and plan on taking them to disney when i go.

If you want really comfortable sandals, try Nike Straprunner II. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. I wore them (without breaking them in first) for 9 solid days at WDW and didn't have a problem. My other family members now have a pair and they all agree, they are the BEST!!!! Give them a try, you'll be glad you did.

Are Nike Straprunners just for guys, or do they have them for gals too? Also, where can you order them for gals online?

I bought the Tevas...had to send them back. I love my Birkis...but not when wet. I want to try the strapprunners now, maybe Ecco...which I have not heard of until today. Tevas just did not feel comfortable no matter how I adjusted them, i had the leather circuits.

I bought a new pair of sandals today. A pair of Merrells. They look like suede but are synthetic so I can get them wet. They look much nicer than the Tevas. The man at the store recommended them and I have to say I found them MUCH more comfortable then my Tevas. And they were $60.00 including tax Canadian funds. I found them at Sport Check.

Barbuka....they make them in men's and women's sizes. I tried them on once, and the men's were way too wide. The women's were nice but they didn't have a high enough arch for my weird foot. I tried them at Famous Footware, but look on www.nike.com to see what they look like. Last week they had them at Famous Footware on sale for $25.00.

I also vote for the Nike Straprunner's. I bought a pair one day and wore them for 12+ hours the next, they were awesome. The do make them for women. The straprunner's I saw were either grey or dark blue. I bought the dark blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter