Need info on Marriott's Cypress Harbour Resort

ffindis

Mouseketeer
Has anybody ever stayed at Marriott's Cypress Harbour Resort. I am in the process of planning a trip in March and am considering staying there. I have never stayed off site of Disney but can't find any good deals for the first week of March. So I'm considering doing the non Disney parks this year instead. We have never been to Universal. Also does anyone have any idea how far this resort is from Universal?
Thanks for any information.:confused:

We stayed at Cypress Harbour in May 2000, in a 2br villa. It was lovely, much nicer than their Grande Vista. We could see the fireworks at Sea World from our living room, as it is quite close to Sea World and Universal. Don't give up on Disney parks, though, as it is only about a 15 min drive to WDW! I'm not sure what we paid as we stayed with my sis and bil, who were doing the timeshare tour, so it was pretty cheap. There were seven of us, sis,bil and niece doing the timeshre, other sis and bil, and dd and I (we stayed on the queen sofa bed in the LR, worked fine). I really liked Cypress Harbour much better than Grande Vista (see today's review/post)- villa is better laid out, more spacious and sunny. Didn't use the pool at all, but my sis has stayed there and says they are great.

Leebee, Thanks for the quick response. I read your review of Marriott's Grande Vista. How do you think Cypress Harbour compare to Comfort Suites Maingate East?

I am a Cypress Harbour owner and frequently rent out Marriott weeks on ebay. It is very nice and since Grande Vista was built, a lot of amenities have been added at CH. Probably the only thing I would add to the previous poster's message (besides a disageement on which is nicer--I think the 2 BR units at CH are larger but there are more amenities at GV and nothing beats a 3BR at GV) would relate to I-4 access. The access to go to WDW is very, very good at CH. It is a hop, skip and a jump away. It's not quite as easy to make your way back but you figure it out after the first couple of times. You might also check out the new Horizons by Marrriott across the street from CH. The units are smaller (and it's new so there isn't much landscaping) but it's great for small children.

When I was comparing Grande Vista to Comfort Suites, I was only commenting on the lockoff section of the villa at GV. Certainly the entire two bedroom villa was far larger than the studio at Comfort Suites. Of the three, I personally think Cypress Harbour was superior to either GV or Comfort Suites Maingate East. However, we really didn't use any of the resort amenities at either Cypress Harbour or Grande Vista (except for a couple of visits to GV's pool- and then not the main one). I just felt that, when comparing the size of the two studio-type suites (GV and CS), for the price and amenities (free housekeeping, breakfast buffet and theme park shuttles), Comfort Suites was a better value for a larger studio/suite. [BTW, Disney access from GV is very straightforeward. Turn left when you leave the property onto International Drive South. When it ends, go right onto 536. You go past HIFS and MOWC and shortly go straight into WDW!] Comparing Cypress Harbour 2 br villa to Comfort suites is like comparing apples to rutabegas! I really liked the way the suite was laid out at Cypress Harbour, with windows on two sides of the lr area (adjacent walls), so it seemed very light and spacious when compared w/GV. If you are accustomed to staying at any Disney property other than the All-Stars, you'll definitely prefer Cypress Harbour to Comfort Suites- I sure do! Unfortunately, most of our trips are very budget-oriented, so that we can go to WDW annually. I just felt that the lockoff studio at GV cost more(if you didn't have an owner's deal), had less space and fewer perks that we (as a family with Disney-focused small children) would take advantage of than Comfort Suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter