need recipe for black bean salad

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I am looking for a recipe for black bean salad. This has the beans, corn, I think peppers and onions?? and possibly cilantro in an oil and vinegar based dressing. It is mexican tasting. I have had it at TGIF's as a side dish on their lowfat sandwiches. Used to have the recipe but lost it.

My husband has made his own black bean salad, but it is more of a toss together whatever we have on hand thing than a recipe. He puts canned beans and canned corn in (unless we have leftover corn on the cob.) Then he adds chopped onion, chopped tomato, maybe some bell pepper if we have it on hand. He also tosses in some cilantro and then salt and pepper. He would dress it with an olive oil and citrus dressing. Hope that helps.

Here are some recipes that I found. Neither of these are mine, but here they are:

Black bean and corn salad:

Ingredients
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Directions
1 Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
2 In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.

got that one here: http://www.vegetarianrecipe.com/AZ/BlackBeanAndCornSaladII.asp

Here's another:

2 handfuls of black beans, cleaned, soaked and cooked for 8 hours
1 bag frozen corn
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper
5 cloves garlic
1/4 c. fresh cilantro
1/4 t. salt
juice of one lemon, one lime, one orange

Roast pepper and garlic in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes, place pepper in paper bag for 20 mintes to steam. Peel pepper and squeeze meat out of garlic cloves. Mix *drained* beans, cooked corn, chopped onion, cut up pepper, chopped roasted garlic, cut up cilantro. Add salt to taste and the juices. Let sit overnight.

Got that one here: http://www.recipesource.com/fgv/bean-salads/blackbean-corn-salad.html

Here's one that looks similar - I found it on CopyKat.com

Corn and Black Bean Salad

Notes:
This is a great recipe, and the salad does keep for several days. Thanks to Jodi for this one.

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz.) can drained Black Beans
1 (12 oz.) can drained Mexi Corn kernels
1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Chili powder
1/4 C. chopped Cilantro

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients. Let flavors marry at room temperature, for up to an hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter