Need some thoughts and prayers

Pinnie

<font color=green>Working a Dream Job<br><font col
As you can see from my ticker, my DS is getting married in a few weeks. This past week, we found out that the bride to be's father's cancer is back. He was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma back in the fall. He went through chemo and was thought to be in remission. At her bridal shower 2 weeks ago, he told me "Don't come too close, I have a chest cold." Over Memorial Day weekend, he went to the hospital and they found 2 masses in his lungs. Last Tuesday, he had a CT Scan and the Lymphoma is back. He is due for some rounds of chemo and then a bone marrow transplant.

I am asking for some thoughts and prayers. My future Daughter in law wants her daddy to walk her down the aisle. Please keep this family in your thoughts and pray it can happen.

Thank you and blessings to all of you
pinnie

Good thoughts & best wishes go out to him. I hope everything turns out well.

Thank you, everyone.

blessings
pinnie

Absolutely.....I do hope he does well with this round of chemo and the bone marrow transplant and is there to walk his daughter down the aisle.

I say that as someone whose Dad was gone when it was time for me to be married, my brother walked me down the aisle, but all day my Dad's absence was felt....it made me sad, my Mom, my brother, and many of the family....we do not want that for your DIL..

You have my attention on this and I will pray that he is well enough to be there for his daughter..

I'll definitely say prayers...your story reminds me of my wedding. My FIL had lung cancer and my cousin, who was my maid of honor, had ovarian cancer.
Our wedding was set for September '99 and in early November '98 they were both given 2-4 months to live. DH and I both agreed that the most important thing was to have them there for our wedding so we cancelled the original plans and got married 3 weeks later so they were both well enough to take part in the ceremony.

I just remember the helpless feeling and the fact that what should have been a happy time was filled with so much sadness wondering if they would make it until that day...it meant the world to us to have them there. I will pray that things work out and your son's fiancee will have her dad at the wedding.

Thank you for your thoughts and continuing prayers. Right now he is at U of M hospital. We are awaiting the results of some tests to determine a treatment plan. BeccaGrace, your story touched me and it is so much easier for us to endure what we are going through knowing that we share this path with others.

The wedding is 4 weeks away. I am storming the heavens for her dad.

blessings
pinnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter