Need suggestions on Orlando Airport lodgings...

DonnaS

Ratsrule & CathyCanada-- 2 who are greatly missed
We had planned to fly red eye into Orlando and had reservations at the Hard Rock Hotel and then CSR. Well, United changed our flights and we are no longer flying red eye but instead are flying in the day before so we need an extra nights lodging.

I called HRH to see if we could add on that one night at the same rate and they said the room was not available. So our alternative plan is to stay at a hotel/motel near the airport and then pick up our rental car the next morning as planned. If the hotel/motel doesn't have transportation from/to the airport then we'll take a taxi...

any suggestions? We're looking for something inexpensive but clean.

There is a decent Marriott nearby which should be quite reasonable but my choice would be Adams Mark next to the Florida Mall. Here's their website: Click Here!

For the Marriott, Click Here!

Thanks I'll check them out and let you know if I have any questions... if that's okay?

Actually they are both kind of higher in price than we want to pay. We really are only looking for a clean place to sleep for well under $100 per night. Maybe a Days Inn or something...

Well I just found Days Inn Airport which is 1.5 miles from the airport for $39.95 per night. I booked it. Like I said, all we need is a place to sleep....

Donna,

If all you want is a place to sleep, why don't you try Priceline? You will get a better hotel for less. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com for instructions on how to bid as well as successful bids and reviews. For instance, people get the Airport AmeriSuites for as low as $26 per night!

You booked a room at the Days Inn for $39.95? For a few dollars more, you can stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, which is just one mile from the airport. They have a great breakfast buffet and nice clean rooms that meets Marriott's standards! I think rates there are around $45! That particular property does have its own website if you would like to see pictures.

Cheers!

http://www.orlandofairfieldinn.com

Thanks everyone.

I discussed with DH and looked at the websites and we changed to the Fairfield Inn. We got a King Bed for $50 (2 queens was the same price) including free airport transport and continental breakfast.

DonnaS,

Same thing happened to us! We are now getting in at around 9:00pm on 11/16--we got a room at Doubletree Castle Hotel from www.hotwire.com. We are paying $45.00 for the night--then we go to HRH for 2 nights then on to WDW for 5 nights (2 @AKL 3 @ BC).

Our flight home was changed too--so we needed another night but didn't want to pay $189 at BC--we are using our Hyatt points for a room at the Orlando Hyatt. I guess it's right inside the airport terminal! We have a 7:15AM flight home so this should be great!

That makes a total of 5 hotels for our stay in Orlando! We will be living out of our suitcases!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter