need tips to keep my paper passes dry

socalgirl

Earning My Ears
i received my passes today (bought them at a discount so we have them before we leave). they are made of a paper-coated paper. what happens if these get wet? how do you store your passes so that they're accessible for fp, but yet dry and tucked away for wet rides?
gayle

The ones we had last trip were about the size of a credit card. Get one of the plastic wallet inserts for credit cards/photos & keep them all together.

We carried ours in our wallets. I have a small one that just fits cards[DC,AAA,1credit card,Hard Rock,any discount coupons] and passes. And fits in pocket or fanny pack.

I posted this awhile back.

If you go to a Claire's Boutique in the mall - they have these plastic inserts that you would put into a wallet PLUS they have a fold over top that keeps them pretty much enclosed; they are the exact size for the passes. They come in some very cool colors and you can put your passes in there, as well as, room card, credit card, etc. They are 3/$1.00 - I buy them every year and we go on all the rides, including the water ones, and our passes have never gotten wet. They keep them at the counter, so ask for them if you don't see them!

Hope this helps!

not $100, right? i looked in the phone book. we have one in the mall. i'll be going there today. thanks for the tip!
gayle

Geeeez Gayle, doesn't 3 for $100 sound like a bargain to you????????? LOL

Sorry for omitting that decimal point - dh complains about that all the time! LOL:rolleyes:

You might want to zerox the tickets, too. Just in case you loose them or they're damaged. I have heard that WDW will replace them if you have proof of the tickets.

Not a bad idea for your credit card(with lost card phone number to call), driver'd license, etc.

Just a thought. Ray.

I can't imagine Disney giving a replacement just because you have a photo copy. What would stop me from making a copy of my tickets, using them, claiming I had lost them and trying to get them replaced.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the new plastic tickets have a different UPC number on each of them. If you had a copy of the UPC code, maybe Disney could key in that number and see how many days used.

Other than that, unless it was a problem created by Disney, I cannot imagine them replacing the tickets. However, stranger things have happened, I guess.

To get lost tickets replaced, you must not only have a copy of the text side of the pass, but also the receipt from when you purchased it, and the name on the receipt may be checked against your ID.

I'm not sure they will re-issue passes originally issued before 1996; at least I think that is the year when the mag stripe was added to the passes. That stripe is read by the turnstiles, and the record of pass use is in the system. The record is checked when you ask to have a pass replaced, and the new pass will only be issued with the same amount of valid time the old one still had left. The pass is re-coded with a new serial ID number, and the old number is invalidated; the turnstiles will not accept it if someone tries to use it.

I had some passes replaced last year -- DH got them out of the safe deposit box but accidentally left them in his car at the airport. The receipt and copy had never been placed in the bank, and I had them with me in the same folder as the hotel reservation.

BTW: The paper doesn't tear easily; it is tough. However, wet or creased cards will not properly pass through the machines. I find that a fishing license holder makes a perfect pass protector. These cost less than a dollar in hunting/fishing depts. at sporting goods stores and places like Walmart. It a heavy card-sized ziploc with two holes at the top for a pin or string. I put ours on shoelaces and we wore them around our necks where they were handy for FP.

I got something similar to a snack size zip lock bag at Old Navy, about $3.00, that had a key chain clip so I kept it clipped to my fanny pack. It was clear yellow. Used it for my park passes, credit card, room key, small pen and flashlight and notecards and small amount of cash. It's probably the best idea I had for the trip, kept me from taking my wallet to the parks. Also used it to keep receipts until the end of the day.

Rwethere --

As far as I know, that's true. If you know what the serial number on your ticket is, Disney will replace it if lost or stolen. Someone gave this tip on the boards last year. She said the CM at Disney figured out what the serial number was on her ticket, because she bought 4 for her family at the same time. Her tip was to write the number down.

Maybe they give you a new ticket and cancel the old one. As you know, you have to run the pass through a scanner at the turnstile, and that determines whether or not you could go in. Think of it this way ... what would stop someone from using a Parkhopper pass with no days left if they didn't have some system for keeping track of it?

Donna

We used a trading card holder. You know, like a baseball or football card sleeve thingy. They're pretty stiff and worked great for us.

We HATED that the tickets were cardboard!

I mean it's a summer park with water everywhere! Ours got wet even though we put them in a ziplock (they zip-un-locked) and the last two days were a huge hassle because the cards wouldn't go through the machine properly.

Would it be so hard for WDW to issue plastic cards?
Also would it be so hard for them to have free busses from the airport? Or Free parking? Oh sorry....got started up.

I will try Old Navy-maybe they still have that key chain thing!

Went to Old Navy and they didn't know what I was talking about. Once when we went white water rafting (about 15 years ago) we were given a waterproof bag that had double zips and worked really well. Anyone know where I could get one of them??

Anybody?

If youre staying at a disney resort they can take you passes and transfer them to your room key card which is plastic they you have only one card to carry.

I found a small thin wallet on a neck string at Eddie Bauer on clearance. It works great, put park passes and some cash in it. It was handy to whip out the passes to make fast pass reserv. If we went on a water ride, I just stuck the little wallet inside my shirt.

I'm not sure about WDW, but Disneyland now has these really cute pass holders They are clear plastic and the top kind of folds over and it has Mickey and friends made out of hard plastic. They are $5. each. Oh, they hang on a long string (more like shoelace material).:bounce: They are very cool. I bought a couple for my next trip to WDW.

KarenT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter