Need to confirm a CM's information

DisneyLore

Mouseketeer
We have a weird situation. My DD and her DBF are going to be in Disney at POP from April 25th to the 29th and then OKW from the 29th to the May 6th. The POP portion of the trip was booked on a special "Gift of Magic" promo which includes discounted CDN Park tickets and she has included the dining plan. After it was booked, she invited me to come with them from April 25 to May 3rd. I have an annual pass. The OKW portion is no problem because it was booked with our DVC points, but the POP portion needed to be switched from the package to the discounted room and then have them buy the ticket separately. Would have been no problem but due to some unforeseen circumstances we didn't get to do this until last week. Well needless to say we waited too long and the discounted CDN tickets are no longer available to purchase separately. So in discussing the options with a CM on Friday Feb 14, we were told we had two options. 1) I could be added to the reservation and pay for the park tickets and dining plan and use the amount of the tickets to renew my annual pass later this year. Not my favourite option since I don't know if I will be going to Disney next year as the girls in my family are planning an Aulani trip in 2021. Option 2) is where I need advice, According to the CM on the phone, They can add me to room the night of check in but that would leave me unable to get the dining plan (no big deal) and not have to buy tickets. The only downside is of course no 60 day fastpass+ window for the first 3 days. But a substantial money savings. (Just an FYI the savings on the Discounted tickets for each of them are more than the cost of the tickets for me). I also asked this CM if I could still take the DME and was told I could as long as my daughter was with me since it was her reservation,.

Can anyone confirm that 1) it's okay to add me the day of so I don't have to buy the tickets and I wouldn't get the dining plan. & 2) I can still take the DME even if I am not added to the reservation until I arrive?

Thanks for your help guys. :magnify:

2) I don't think DME will cause any issue if you're arriving with her and plan to check in at the same resort. DME has always been very flexible with us. They don't seem strict in the slightest. I'd accept this CM's confirmation that it'll be fine.

1) Not sure. You could try calling back with just that question. Give them the scenario that you're not 100% sure if you'll be joining your daughter. Is it possible to just add you to the reservation at the desk that day? See what they say. Good luck!

I also found this-
"As far as FP+, a guest listed on a resort reservation can make FP+ at 60 days for anyone linked via Friends and Family in their MDE as long as the Friends and Family guests have valid ticket media linked to their profiles. Those Friends and Family do not have to be listed on the resort reservation. In OP's case, as long as her brother is linked via Friends and Family, she could have made his FP+ at 60 days prior - it doesn't matter that he is not on the reservation."

^This may solve your FP issue. Can anyone confirm that?

As in you added someone to a package room on the day of check in and they didn’t need to meet the package requirements? Gosh this would be so excellent for us!
There’s one time I booked a package with free dining for DD and me. Then DH might probably join us and he already had non-expired ticket. My TA confirmed with me that I could add DH at check in without him being on the package. At the end, DH didn’t come join us but it can be done. Have fun!

The other option is to book with her and instead of using the tickets for a renewal just save them. You do not need to use them right away. You can use them a few years from now. You would get the value of them to be used towards whatever ticket you need at the time or AP. Unless you never plan on going back. Hmm.

You can absolutely just show up at the resort and check in with your DD. As to using DME....not 100% sure on that one. I think they would let you on the bus though when you explain the situation. Worst case scenario is that they don't and then you get a cab/Uber.

Yes, you can be added to the room late and not be required to purchase the dining plan or tickets.

You do want to be added to the reservation by the day you want to take DME.

You might be able to be added to the room the night before via phone, and more likely in the morning. At worst, you can go to the Mears desk at MCO and buy a one-way transfer. You'll likely end up on a DME bus, since Mears operates it for Disney.

Are you and your daughter flying in together? If you're taking separate flights and she arrives earlier than you, give her time to check in and then add you to the room reservation with the front-desk CM (has to be done in person after check-in). Then, once she has added you, you should be able to take MDE.

But if you're flying together, it might just be worth it to take a taxi, Uber or Lyft there with your daughter.. Then you don't need to have the package that they have (tickets/dining). I don't think they would allow someone who is not currently on the reservation to take a "free" ride there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter