Need Universal Advice

starshine514

DIS Veteran
So, we are taking a break from Disneyland and will not be going next summer when Star Wars land is opening. My dad has always wanted to go to Universal, but we have never been, so I thought that might be fun to do. I have the Disneyland thing down but I'm completely unsure how to plan our trip.

1. How many days? We'll have 2 senior citizens, 2 adults, and girls 14, 12, and 5. Two people will be using ECVs. We'll be going in late May, June or July.

2. Where to stay? We always stay within walking distance of Disneyland, but drive when visiting Sea World or Legoland. How does Universal compare?

3. What else should we do while we are in the area? None of us are big into (non-Disney) shopping, but we do like museums and Disney history. I'm most interested in the things I can't do just anywhere (so no bowling or mini-golf unless there is something unique about the experience).

Thanks!

I would think depending on crowds, going at a slower pace, 2-3 days to see everything - all the shows and all the rides. Depending on the specific dates you want to go you might consider a season pass for multiple days. https://www.mousesavers.com/califor...versal-studios-hollywood-discounts-and-deals/
The one from AAA has blackout dates but weekdays in May and early June are open and it's only $119 . That's less than a one day ticket.

When we had our season pass we stayed at the Hilton there by USH for one trip, but didn't feel it was worth it for the price. Every other trip where we stayed overnight we stayed in Burbank.

1. How many days? We'll have 2 senior citizens, 2 adults, and girls 14, 12, and 5. Two people will be using ECVs. We'll be going in late May, June or July.
I'll just second dotfurio; a weekday in June you will see everything in two days.
2. Where to stay? We always stay within walking distance of Disneyland, but drive when visiting Sea World or Legoland. How does Universal compare?
Nothing within walking distance for folks using EVC's.
3. What else should we do while we are in the area? None of us are big into (non-Disney) shopping, but we do like museums and Disney history. I'm most interested in the things I can't do just anywhere
http://carolwood.com/walts-barn/ is great for a Disney history fan.

The Warner Bros. tour is something you can't do just anywhere and very different than the Universal tour. There are a lot of interesting museums in the Los Angeles area.

After two full days at Universal we enjoyed a partial day at Griffith Observatory prior to heading to the airport. We stayed at the closest hotel - Hilton. However, because of the hills it would not be an easy trek with an EVC.

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like we will be staying somewhere that we will need to drive/park and that we'll want to spend 2 days there. I'll start looking for hotels (possibly in Burbank). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!