Nemesis Challenge 3 AKA Marathon Weekend 2015

Is the cruise next year?

I'll be running the Castaway Cat 5k in September, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I walked/ran just over 2 miles today. First time since April. I'm not feeling any pain in the legs so that is a good thing.

No pain = good! :thumbsup2

So an important question. If more people are running the full would it make sense to do the Ohana group dinner on Sunday night? A pre marathon shrimp gorge-fest could be suboptimal.

So an important question. If more people are running the full would it make sense to do the Ohana group dinner on Sunday night? A pre marathon shrimp gorge-fest could be suboptimal.

I like Ryan, but so many Dads leave on Sunday.

I like Ryan, but so many Dads leave on Sunday.

That's not what you say when he's not around... :rolleyes1

Kidding. It's not what I say when he's not around though... ;)

That's what I was trying to figure out. Who'll be around Sunday vs Saturday and who wants to do what for dinner.

I would be flying back on Sunday too. Would prefer to do it after the marathon as well, but we'll have to settle for a lunch of pretzels and beers in Germany followed by watching Carl get his face painted.

I would be flying back on Sunday too. Would prefer to do it after the marathon as well, but we'll have to settle for a lunch of pretzels and beers in Germany followed by watching Carl get his face painted.

818px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

I fly back home on Sunday afternoon as well....so it looks like it still might make sense to have the 'Ohana meal on Saturday night.

The following are some ADRs I've made with some availability as of this moment....

Thursday - Biergarten Dinner 5:30p - 1 spot open

Friday - Via Napoli Dinner 5:45p - 0 spots open

Saturday - 'Ohana Dinner 5:00p - 6 spots open

Sunday - Kona Breakfast 8:00a - 2 spots open.

If anyone is interested in joining us on these, let me know!

Please head over to this link to update me on if you're interested in joining us and for up to date availability.

Also feel free to make your own ADRs around these times if you're interested as some of these ADRs are full already.

Well guys, I completed my 2015 1/2 race deferral to 2016 today. I told myself if they ever had a Star Wars I would do the 1st one. I am doing the Star Wars Rebel Challenge and couldn't do both trips. So planning for 2016 will start soon.

Howdy Fellow dads!

I'm taking a page from Sean, I have decided to run in the 2015 St.Jude Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashille, TN on April 25th. This of course is my hometown race and always told myself I would run once I quit smoking and overall got healthier.

Instead of just paying my registration and being done with it, I decided it would be a better use of my time if I helped raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital of Nashville. Like all of us as dads, Charities like this one hit us deep in our hearts, even if our kids are perfectly healthy.

Like Sean, I will throw out a personal challenge, whoever donates the most will have the option to choose what color tech shirt, shorts and compression socks I wear and a phrase/saying on the tech shirt.

And on top of that, if I am in the top 5 of fundraisers for the CMM by race day. I will hold tattoo suggestions and voting. The most popular choice, I get tattooed on me.

Thank y'all for any and all support however large or small and even if you cannot donate, word of mouth is an awesome tool! Here's the link to my personal fundraising page: http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Heroes/Heroes?px=2917088&pg=personal&fr_id=23820 I will also be selling stuff on eBay and the Net after eBay and Paypal fees will go towards fundraising. Thanks again guys for your time!

Hi folks. Came across this thread, and have to say I am a bit confused by it. What are the teams about and how does it work? In the OP it says a discussion of running, so with that in mind, we have a few more weeks till marathon training plans start and easy base mile runs are over. So, a few questions below so we may compare and encourage along the way.

1. What's your base mileage been like this summer?
2. What training program do you plan to follow?
3. When will you start your program?
4. What is your goal for this years race? (Any and all distances)

1. Over the last few weeks and weeks leading up to my training program I will average 30-35 mpw.
2. Advanced Marathoning 18/55. (18 weeks / 55 mpw peak)
3. 9-7-15
4. Marathon - 3:29:59

This is my first Disney running event so I apparently missed rounds 1 and 2 of this thread. Hopefully I can learn more about it in the coming weeks. Good luck everyone as you begin your training.

Marathon weekend has become a meeting time for dad runners and even non runners. Families included. This year we have a number of meet-ups planned primarily around meals. To see what we have planned there is a reservation thread on the Facebook page, The Dis Dads Club. It is a closed group but if you knew some of the members, you will find we have pretty lax standards. You can request entry and then view the first post on the page with reservations. We also try to get together and take a group photo Marathon pre-race usually at the "F" entrance. Come on over and join us, it is a good time. Let me know if you have any issues getting to it.

Catching up on this thread. Been a little bit since the last post in here. Is everyone still meeting up for 2016? I am not on FB. For 2016 is anyone still planning to meet? There is a meet up at POP with those that post over in the events/RunDisney section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!