Nervous Going For the First Time As A Single Mom..

JRed

Earning My Ears
Leaving in 15 days .. It will be the first time I set foot back home since my horrible divorce.. One I did not see coming.. One that completely broke me.. We vacationed there every year sometimes twice a year.. Our Honeymoon was there .. I could not bear to go back .. But here it is 4 years later and I’m doing it with our 3 girls .. Very Nervous.. Scared but also can’t wait to do it ..

I was also nervous traveling for the first time as a single mom. You can do it! "You Are Braver Than You Believe, Stronger Than You Seem and Smarter Than You Think!" - A. A. Milne

My daughter was 7 and there's only one of her, so it wasn't that hard, but I was still scared. I put a lot of thought into the planning, like flying vs. driving, for instance. It was our second WDW trip since ex-hubs ruined the first one, so it was not completely unfamiliar territory. I also planned what my parenting plan would be if there was a meltdown, uncooperative child or general bad behavior. I discovered that my daughter's currency was swimming. If she was being a pill, I just reminded her that ther would be no pool time unless she did "fill in the blank". It was great! She was great! The trip was great! And we have made 2 more trips to WDW and are talking about a Universal trip for 2020. There's no one I'd rather vacation with than DD who is now 13.

I'm so glad we made that 2nd trip and replaced all of the horrible memories of the first trip with amazing ones!

I can relate a bit as I am taking my daughter for our 3rd trip but first time as a single parent in April 2020. I expect it will be a bit strange for both of us, given that our only memories there were as a married family, but that's life. Time for new memories and adventures. Have a fantastic trip and let us know how it went.

I hope you had an incredible trip!

My first return to WDW as a single mom is Nov. 2020. I only have one kiddo, he'll be 13 by the time the trip rolls around.

The trip is one that was being originally planned before my husband and I went our separate ways. I've worked SO HARD to still give my son his (and my!) Disney dream, despite the drastically different circumstances.

We're both very much looking forward to making nothing by happy memories there :goodvibes Mother/son trips are the best!

I am not divorced but have done solo trips with my kids, one when we were having marital issues. So free of stress!!! handling the kids is the easy part. Just focus on new memories and making the trip special. You can do this!!!! You will wonder what you even worried about.

You can handle this! I get the feeling you are having, my ex-husband was a cast member who worked at the Moroccan pavillion at EPCOT when we met. Fast forward several years later, we were divorced and my asked if his first trip to Disney could be with me. Despite how I felt about my ex, the memories we shared, trips to Disney, etc, taking my nephew (who overcame some serious health challenges as a baby), was not going to stop me.

In the end, my nephew and I had a wonderful time, even though it was a little bittersweet passing the Moroccan pavillion. I continue to visit the parks with my current husband and our daughter, creating our own Disney memories.

Have a great vacation!

Hope everyone's trip as single parent is everything you hoped it would be!

The night before my first trip as single mom was emotional. I cried and worried I was making a mistake. But it was amazing and I even realized I forgot all about the divorce, being in the Disney bubble. I had great memories and I feel like I reclaimed DisneyWorld. I have gone back every year since and it has been just as wonderful.

Do not be afraid to ask any cast member for help! When I've traveled with 3 on my own I always ask a cast member to carry our food tray at QS locations. I need to be making sure the kids are with me and I didn't trust the oldest to carry the tray without getting bumped into and everything spilled!

I find it the easiest place to travel by myself with kids! Just go with the flow. Don't stress about everything being perfect b/c it will turn out just perfect no matter what you do or don't do!

I also went last year as a single parent after a divorce and I loved it. I was also nervous but everything went very smoothly and I realized that this will be the only trip I will ever need to go on with my daughter because we loved it and we felt completely safe and in good hands the entire time. Thank you, Disney! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!