Never gets boring.....third time on the Dream, w/Navigators & lots of pictures

Great TR! We haven't been on the Dream yet but will be this summer. A few questions, your category stateroom, does it have a separate sleeping area? Looks like there's a wall in between the living and sleeping area? Also on CC what is the area roped off separated with buoys? I thought maybe snorkeling area, but I thought that's before you get to PP? And where is R2D2, in the Lab?

There are 12 Cat 8As on the Dream and Fantasy. None have a split bath, some have a HA type of bath (roll in shower). The room we had, 5520 does have a wall between the sleeping area and the sitting area. I am pretty sure there are 4 on deck 5 that are set up this way. The other 2 on 5 and the 6 on Deck 6 have either a pole in the middle or nothing. Some (like ours) only sleep 3, while others sleep 4.

On CC there is a small area completely enclosed with rope/fencing, this is the stingray lagoon, where the stingray excursion is held where you feed and swim with the rays. The main swimming lagoon is right next to that and then separated by another rope/fence is the snorkel lagoon. PP is on the other side of the snorkel lagoon separated by a small bit of land and also has another family swim area next to it. You can Google CC maps and it may give you a better perspective.

R2D2 is in the kids clubs. There is also a replica of the Millennium Falcon. Pretty cool.

Thanks for following along.

Day 3 continued.

Since we were already in our swimsuits we headed straight for the Aquaduck once we were back on board. Very short wait, maybe 5 minutes. After that we went back to the room to get ready for dinner. We didn't bring pirate costumes, but did dress as pirate as you can with minimal effort, lol.

day 3.jpg

Dinner was at Royal Palace again. For some reason I did not take any pictures of this MD, it was my least favorite of the three, except for dessert, love the creme brule'. After dinner we had some time to kill before Voice Play which was the main show for the evening. DS went to an ice cream social at Vanellope's with the 1820 Society. Since we don't have little kids and have seen it before, we skipped the early pirate show with the characters. So instead, I walked around and took some random pictures of the ship. I have to admit, this is probably the only place I have ever taken pictures of public restrooms, lol.

day 3 2.jpg
day 3 3.jpg
day 3 4.jpg

The show was really good. They are a group that does their entire act acapella. We have seen the pirate show before so again, we skipped the later show and got seats up at Currents bar for the fireworks. The fireworks at sea are always neat to see. A few other cruise ships hovered near by to get a free show.

day 3 6.jpg
day 3 7.jpg

After the fireworks we went to Krazy Karaoke. My son actually sang two songs, who knew he could sing!?! The things you learn when you actually have to hang out with your family, lol. After that we turned in for the evening.

day 3 1.jpg
Next up day at sea.

We will be staying in stateroom 5520 and 5522 for our girls trip in April 2018. Love the pictures of this room.

Was it easy to get to?

We will be staying in stateroom 5520 and 5522 for our girls trip in April 2018. Love the pictures of this room.

Was it easy to get to?

You will love these rooms, so much space and so quite. Yes, it is easy to get to. If you get off the forward elevators, it is just short walk forward. If you are mid ship, then you go past the kids clubs and follow the hallway forward. The only time it was a long walk was from somewhere aft, like Cabana's or the adult areas, but nothing to bad. It was nice that we were only a few decks above the main dining rooms so we took the stairs, no waiting for the elevators.

OP, did you miss not having a split bath? I'm torn (haha) on whether or not to keep this Cat for our Dec 18 cruise.

OP, did you miss not having a split bath? I'm torn (haha) on whether or not to keep this Cat for our Dec 18 cruise.

Not really. When you think about it, when we stay in hotels, we never have them, so it was not any different. Yes, it is a nice extra on our last cruise, but not any big deal. This room was super nice and I would not let that stop you from booking.

Day 3 continued.

Since we were already in our swimsuits we headed straight for the Aquaduck once we were back on board. Very short wait, maybe 5 minutes. After that we went back to the room to get ready for dinner. We didn't bring pirate costumes, but did dress as pirate as you can with minimal effort, lol.

View attachment 240917

Dinner was at Royal Palace again. For some reason I did not take any pictures of this MD, it was my least favorite of the three, except for dessert, love the creme brule'. After dinner we had some time to kill before Voice Play which was the main show for the evening. DS went to an ice cream social at Vanellope's with the 1820 Society. Since we don't have little kids and have seen it before, we skipped the early pirate show with the characters. So instead, I walked around and took some random pictures of the ship. I have to admit, this is probably the only place I have ever taken pictures of public restrooms, lol.

View attachment 240919
View attachment 240920
View attachment 240921

The show was really good. They are a group that does their entire act acapella. We have seen the pirate show before so again, we skipped the later show and got seats up at Currents bar for the fireworks. The fireworks at sea are always neat to see. A few other cruise ships hovered near by to get a free show.

View attachment 240922
View attachment 240931

After the fireworks we went to Krazy Karaoke. My son actually sang two songs, who knew he could sing!?! The things you learn when you actually have to hang out with your family, lol. After that we turned in for the evening.

View attachment 240932
Next up day at sea.

Loving your TR and by the way, you two cannot possibly have a 20 yo???

Loving your TR and by the way, you two cannot possibly have a 20 yo???

Thank you, hopefully I will get a chance to finish it this week. And you are too kind, trust me we are old enough, lol. Will be celebrating my 50th next year on the Fantasy. First time for that ship. Looking forward to seeing the differences but a little nervous about 7 days.

Thank you, hopefully I will get a chance to finish it this week. And you are too kind, trust me we are old enough, lol. Will be celebrating my 50th next year on the Fantasy. First time for that ship. Looking forward to seeing the differences but a little nervous about 7 days.
Well I wouldn't think you are even over 40 :)
You will love 7 nights, if I could I would only cruise for 7 nights or longer..

Last edited:
Day 4, at sea.

Only had plans for a few things today: mixology class, see Guardians of the Galaxy, Vo. 2 and to visit the future cruise booking desk. I had tried to visit the booking desk a few time before, but there was always a line. So today I had to do it, line or not. I also had planned to do the Art of the Theme tour, but that didn't work out. Not pulling into a port, we didn't have our normal wake up call of the thrusters, so we actually slept in.

First we headed down to Enchantment Garden for breakfast. It was ok, but I prefer Cabanas. Since we didn't make the tour I wanted, we checked the Navigator to see what was going on. We headed down to 687 for Ultimate Disney Trivia the to Anyone Can Cook. That was really neat, the chef was great and gave a lot of personal and professional information while he showed us how to make Apple Strudel.

sea day1.jpg sea day 2.jpg

Nest up was Bingo. The Disney crew makes Bingo a lot of fun. We even shared a winning jackpot! Not a lot of money, but I have to admit, it is fun to stand up and yell Bingo! We also won a DCL windbreaker jacket, that was a nice surprise.

sea day 7.jpg

After Bingo, son went to lunch with the 1820 Society and the husband and I headed up to deck 11 to eat. Wanted to make sure we had a full belly before Mixolgy. Our FB group mixology class was at the Skyline lounge. We had a really fun group and a great bar tender. We made and drank 5 mixed drinks. I actually only drank one full one and tasted the others. The only one I really liked was the mango raspberry mint Mojito. The others were way too strong for me, but apparently not for my husband. The bar tender was so nice that he let everyone who wanted to make another do so, of course my husband did so, but had to take it to go since Guardians was starting soon and I wanted to get seats.

sea day 5.jpg
sea day 6.jpg
sea day 4.jpg

The movie was great! Right after the movie we had to had straight to dinner. Tonight was Animator's Palette, my favorite. Had a great last dinner with our table mates and servers. Our assistant server was the best we have had so far on our three cruises. She was so bubbly and just made us feel like she really enjoyed her job.

sea day 8.jpg
sea day 9.jpg
sea day 10.jpg

After dinner, husband wanted to go back to room to rest and watch a little hockey (he was really feeling those drinks, even he never admits it, lol). He said he would meet up with us later....not, never happened. Oh well, son and I headed to Evolution for Snippets, Voice Play and 80's Music Challenge. That would end our last night on board.

sea day 11.jpg

Day 4, edit

Forgot to mention that after dinner I did make it to the Future Cruise desk with no wait! Booked a 7 night for Nov 2018 to celebrate my 50th. May with a 7 night i will finally get to ride the Aquaduck at night!

Time to go home day. Woke up early and since there is no room service on the last day I headed to deck 11 for coffee. The ship is so quite early in the morning.

last day.jpg lst day.jpg

Our bags were all packed and put out last night, so all we had to do was double check the closets and drawers, pack our carry ons and head to breakfast. One last meal at Cabana's and we were heading off the ship. No line, no rush, just walked off and into customs. Found our bags right away, went through customs and were off on our 1.5 hour drive home. Another great trip on the Dream. Until next year.

Enjoyed reading your TR. Looks like you had a great time. My hubby and I are doing our first cruise ever on the Dream in September. It's only a 3 night, but I am surprised I even got him on that! It's kind of a short trial cruise for us. He really doesn't do water, beaches, etc. Hopefully, if he likes it, I can hopefully get him to agree to a 7 night with our kids!

Enjoyed reading your TR. Looks like you had a great time. My hubby and I are doing our first cruise ever on the Dream in September. It's only a 3 night, but I am surprised I even got him on that! It's kind of a short trial cruise for us. He really doesn't do water, beaches, etc. Hopefully, if he likes it, I can hopefully get him to agree to a 7 night with our kids!

I am sure he will. Our first was a 3 night and when I suggested a 4 night my husband was concerned he would be bored on the sea day. We found plenty to do and have now booked a 7 night for next year. Hope you have a great time!

I'm back and caught up. Looks like a fun cruise and you had nice weather.

You can take pictures underwater? Wow!

Thanks for the Castaway Cay photos, particularly of In Da Shade. Will be first time heading there in Oct. and shady spots away from the goings on of the beach will definitely be necessary. I worry about frying all day in the sun :p

Thanks for the Castaway Cay photos, particularly of In Da Shade. Will be first time heading there in Oct. and shady spots away from the goings on of the beach will definitely be necessary. I worry about frying all day in the sun :p

There are plenty of places to escape the sun. We have never had an issue with finding seats under an umbrella or tree, but In Da Shade was a nice place to do something other than swim or sit by the beach. Here are some pictures from two of our trips, you can see there are plenty of seats.

11183469_10206901390803627_2440892069002495090_n.jpg
2016 2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!