Never tell me the odds… Wait listing

inkedupmomma

modern mouseketeer
Just kidding. This time I actually need some input from seasoned owners who have played the waitlist game.

I have the time off to take a quick trip in February, but all that is available the time I want to go is SSR 1 bedroom. I can splurge the points if I have to, but rather not.

Dates would be 2/1-2/5ish- I know Epcot has FOATA so that has an impact. Where would my best choice to waitlist a studio be? I’m assuming SSR? If not- where? Or is it a lost cause at this point.

I’ll also gladly be checking each morning to piece together something if need be as well :)

Thanks for any and all input. Happy holidays!

SSR preferred, Kidani Savannah, OKW not HH. BWV Pool and BLT LV make good wildcards as does Poly standard.

Though I can't speak, specifically, to your exact dates, I can tell you that we've had our waitlist come through every. single. time--including Spring Break weeks. I believe we have waitlisted four or five times total, and every time, it has come through. Sometimes soon after, sometimes, right down to the wire. Our waitlists were at BLT, Kidani, and Aulani.

I can tell you that since end of September, when I booked January 4-12 at SSR, constant stalking let me piece together my 8 night BLT stay and
all but one night (January 4) was done by stalking NOT waitlist. I have also had a WL in for January 11-12 at BLT and constantly stalked each and
every day and night and last night at 6:30 pm, refreshed and looked and there was January 11 sitting on the RAT waiting for someone to book,
although I had a WL (I grabbed it and now have a full stay at BLT and not spit stay 6 at BTL/2 at GF). Anyway, what I am trying to tell you is do your WL but also stalk and piece together your trip. I would not sit and just play the WL game, I would actively also stalk.

Thanks everyone. I just hate spending 126 points for a one bedroom that we really don’t need. I’ll try stalking and WL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!