Never too old for character meet and greet

I mean...i just made a custom autograph book for my upcoming trip. If you're wondering about all the negative space in the middle, I'm saving space for the castle (found the perfect sticker for it).

20190915_203620.jpg20190915_210820.jpg

I mean...i just made a custom autograph book for my upcoming trip. If you're wondering about all the negative space in the middle, I'm saving space for the castle (found the perfect sticker for it).

View attachment 436125View attachment 436126
Nice!!!
I miss the custom made calendars. I would make 2 each trip for the following year using all the wonderful photos of the characters and me. Unfortunately, Disney discontinued them. They were priced very reasonably and they realized that you were actually getting 12 photos on the calendar, for what you would pay for 2 or 3 actual photos.

I really never do meet and greets but did this year when we ate at CRT.

The characters are so in their role I feel like they don't even notice if your solo! I could see the waiting maybe being more awkward, but otherwise it was fun meeting characters.

I really never do meet and greets but did this year when we ate at CRT.

The characters are so in their role I feel like they don't even notice if your solo! I could see the waiting maybe being more awkward, but otherwise it was fun meeting characters.

Honestly, when it comes to meet & greets in lines, I prefer solo only because I'd like to have a good interaction with them (sometimes they have to split their attention and the more extroverted person gets the interaction). With the character meals I think I have a better interaction no matter what because the food helps me relax (I'm a bit shy about meeting characters but dang if I won't get an autograph from them XD).

I honestly think I do more meet and greets as an adult than we ever did on family trips when I was growing up. My favorite memory to this day of the first real couples trip I ever took with my partner was last year, meeting Rapunzel and Tiana before going to dinner at CRT (we had a grownup Princess day!). I sobbed like a baby meeting Tiana, I didn’t expect to but the emotion overwhelmed me. I told her it was because I never met a princess who looked like me before. She hugged me tight and it was such a beautiful moment. It didn’t matter that me and my gf were both 38 years old with gray hairs, I felt like I was 5 years old and the magic was real.

I booked a Princess Storybook dining lunch at Akershus (for my first solo trip at WDW this June and it's my first character meal). Up until just a moment ago, I was having second thoughts whether I should cancel since I'm shy and an adult that will be dining alone to meet princesses... but after stumbling upon this post and reading all the wonderful comments I'm feeling a lot braver! Thank you for this! I hope I'll get the chance to meet the princes as well.

Just putting this out there, did a solo girl trip after my divorce and as a mom of three we are never too old for character meet and greet. Love :love:

Great photos :) I just did my first solo trip to DLR following my separation from my wife.

Still love doing the meet and greets even when on my own

Going back to WDW with my son (7) in August, we can't wait

I love characters! My recent solo trip, I was so happy to meet Edna Mode - she was (of course) fabulous. I met all 3 characters at Launch Bay, all 4 in TSL (super happy I got to meet Bo Peep while she was there), Mickey & Minnie in their new (to me) space, and Chip & Dale. This Disney Jr watching old lady even met Vampirina. Did I say I love characters?

@kylenne Your post made me emotional. Tiana is my favorite meet & greet Princess!

I booked a Princess Storybook dining lunch at Akershus (for my first solo trip at WDW this June and it's my first character meal). Up until just a moment ago, I was having second thoughts whether I should cancel since I'm shy and an adult that will be dining alone to meet princesses... but after stumbling upon this post and reading all the wonderful comments I'm feeling a lot braver! Thank you for this! I hope I'll get the chance to meet the princes as well.

It will be a great experience and someone will volunteer or make sure you get your "portrait" taken.

Unfortunately (at least for Disney World), unless you go to 1900 Park Fare (dinner only - Prince Charming), Trattoria Al Forno (breakfast only - Flynn Rider & Eric), or the MVMCP (maybe the MNSSHP too, not sure), you likely won't find the princes to meet.

It will be a great experience and someone will volunteer or make sure you get your "portrait" taken.

Unfortunately (at least for Disney World), unless you go to 1900 Park Fare (dinner only - Prince Charming), Trattoria Al Forno (breakfast only - Flynn Rider & Eric), or the MVMCP (maybe the MNSSHP too, not sure), you likely won't find the princes to meet.

Thanks! It's good to know that someone can take a picture for me, I thought I will just have to settle for a selfie.

As for the princes, what a bummer! I actually tried to book a Trattoria breakfast but unfortunately the time slots left doesn't work out with my sched (I want the early bfast). But as a party of one, I'm not giving up hope, a slot may open up if I keep checking right? *fingers crossed*

Thanks! It's good to know that someone can take a picture for me, I thought I will just have to settle for a selfie.

As for the princes, what a bummer! I actually tried to book a Trattoria breakfast but unfortunately the time slots left doesn't work out with my sched (I want the early bfast). But as a party of one, I'm not giving up hope, a slot may open up if I keep checking right? *fingers crossed*

The closer you get to the date, the more likely someone will cancel. Touringplans dining reservation finder is a great tool to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!