Never used Waitlist before.... a question.

chicagoshannon

DIS Veteran
My 7 month window opens tomorrow. We were hoping to stay BCV but as of now it's not available for the day we need (only staying one night). If I book a different resort and waitlist BCV how does that work with points? If the waitlist comes through can I just switch the resort? We are thinking of booking Poly instead which will cause us to borrow from 2019 points but if BCV comes through we wouldn't have to borrow. The 3 points we borrow from 2019 will go back to 2019 right?

Also, what time can I book online? Is it midnight or morning?

Once you borrow points, they stay borrowed. 8:00 Eastern time.

:earsboy: Bill

The 3 points we borrow from 2019 will go back to 2019 right?

No they would not. Borrowing is a final transaction and the points would stay in your 2018 UY. If the waitlist filled and it was 31 days or more prior to check in then it would free up 3 2018 points which you could then bank into your 2019 UY. If you set the waitlist up to search until 7 days prior to check in then the 3 points would go into holding and need to be used prior to the end of your UY or they would expire.

If you don't want to borrow then you will want to book a room that requires equal or fewer points than the BCV studio. Or else plan on banking 3 2018 points.

ok thanks so 8am it is then. If I waitlist BCV and it comes through can I just switch it online or do I have to cancel the original and then rebook. If I have to cancel and rebook would I risk losing the waitlisted room?

I though they booked the waitlist for you automatically, so you didn't have to do anything, that it was a switch they did for you behind the scenes.....hmmmm...watching to see responses.

I though they booked the waitlist for you automatically, so you didn't have to do anything, that it was a switch they did for you behind the scenes.....hmmmm...watching to see responses.
That would be cool. I have no idea how it works.

I checked earlier and BCV popped back up so it might be a moot point. :)

ok thanks so 8am it is then. If I waitlist BCV and it comes through can I just switch it online or do I have to cancel the original and then rebook. If I have to cancel and rebook would I risk losing the waitlisted room?

When a waitlist matches MS completes the match. You won't have any access to it.

Good luck in getting BCV to start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter