• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New ABD

All the wait list dates that were removed for the 7-night trip Northen CA trip yesterday have reappeared but are now listed as "No longer available for sale". The July 27 wait list for Ireland has now been changed to an Adult Only trip. Guess I won't be getting my Gateway Ireland trip. Oh bother! :sad2: They've also taken the Feb 8 Peru date off the schedule, presumably due to the mudslides. The ABD website seems very dynamic this year. Remember last year...they never even removed the dates that had been cancelled.

All the wait list dates that were removed for the 7-night trip Northen CA trip yesterday have reappeared but are now listed as "No longer available for sale". The July 27 wait list for Ireland has now been changed to an Adult Only trip. Guess I won't be getting my Gateway Ireland trip. Oh bother! :sad2: They've also taken the Feb 8 Peru date off the schedule, presumably due to the mudslides. The ABD website seems very dynamic this year. Remember last year...they never even removed the dates that had been cancelled.
I would assume the removal of the waitlisted trips (or being marked as no longer available for sale) would mean that the travel agent who had the trip as an exclusive departure got enough people to keep the trip exclusive. Which means a waitlist is superfluous. My understanding of the waitlist was, if the travel agent got enough people to have the trip be a go, but not enough to keep it exclusive, they would allow the people on the waitlist to join the trip. But if the travel agent filled the trip up, the waitlisted people were out of luck.

That's interesting that the Ireland trip became Adults only. I'm assuming that the travel agent had sold enough spots to an adults only group that they wanted to keep it that way? I really should stop trying to guess what ABD's motivations are...

It is also interesting that they're keeping the site more up-to-date than last year.

Sayhello

I would assume the removal of the waitlisted trips (or being marked as no longer available for sale) would mean that the travel agent who had the trip as an exclusive departure got enough people to keep the trip exclusive. Which means a waitlist is superfluous. My understanding of the waitlist was, if the travel agent got enough people to have the trip be a go, but not enough to keep it exclusive, they would allow the people on the waitlist to join the trip. But if the travel agent filled the trip up, the waitlisted people were out of luck.

That's interesting that the Ireland trip became Adults only. I'm assuming that the travel agent had sold enough spots to an adults only group that they wanted to keep it that way? I really should stop trying to guess what ABD's motivations are...

It is also interesting that they're keeping the site more up-to-date than last year.

Sayhello

Hmmm...could be I guess, but all 4 of the dates disappeared from the list the day the 6-night trip was added and then the next day they added them back as not for sale. The "Not for Sale" departure dates are the same weeks as the 6-night trip. I assumed they just replaced the 7-night with the 6-night.

You're right, it's impossible to guess what ABD may do or why. Interesting to speculate sometimes though. Frustrating sometimes too. :) Since I'm not going to get the Gateway Ireland trip I wanted this year, I'm out of the ABD market until next year, I think. I need to have my driveway repaved anyway.

Hope I didn't mislead you - didn't mean to imply you could fly DIRECT from GSO to SFO - just flights with fairly minimal layovers - mainly Delta or Continental.... Looks like around $380 Rt.

marcemch, kristilew, does Frontier fly from your home airports? At the moment, from Nashville to SF, at least, they are cheaper than Southwest. I'm not booking anything yet, since I'm hoping the SWA price will go down, but I'm keeping them in mind as an option at least for the flight out. I have $84 in ticketless travel funds with SWA that I need to use, so we'll fly with them at least one way. I forgot all about Delta until one of you mentioned it and I checked their prices. They had one flight with a really good fare, but it arrives too late. :sad1:

marcemch, kristilew, does Frontier fly from your home airports? At the moment, from Nashville to SF, at least, they are cheaper than Southwest. I'm not booking anything yet, since I'm hoping the SWA price will go down, but I'm keeping them in mind as an option at least for the flight out. I have $84 in ticketless travel funds with SWA that I need to use, so we'll fly with them at least one way. I forgot all about Delta until one of you mentioned it and I checked their prices. They had one flight with a really good fare, but it arrives too late. :sad1:

Thanks for the heads up on Frontier. They do fly to RDU, but stop 2x on the way to SFO. But good to keep in mind for future trips as we go to Denver every now and then.

thanks for the heads up. We only have USAir and Delta. Even when you die in Wilmington, you have to go to Charlotte or Atlanta before going on to your final destination ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter