New attraction in Adventureland

PACVII

Future former Disney employee
Was in the magic kingdom and heard a CM tell of a rumor of a new attraction going in between the treehouse and jungle cruise. Anyone know if this, that can give more insight to this? Does not seem like much room for anything to go in that area.

Was in the magic kingdom and heard a CM tell of a rumor of a new attraction going in between the treehouse and jungle cruise. Anyone know if this, that can give more insight to this? Does not seem like much room for anything to go in that area.
There was a rumor for a new Adventureland attraction but that has kind of died.

this would be great to put something new into the land. especially sine Pirates is supposed to be down for a little bit of time for a refurbish. Can we hope for a actual aladdin ride? or Tarzan?

this would be great to put something new into the land. especially sine Pirates is supposed to be down for a little bit of time for a refurbish. Can we hope for a actual aladdin ride? or Tarzan?
Well... we can hope for anything. But Pirates is going down for a refurb relatively soon by all rumors, and there is no ride on the drawing board that would open in the next six to 12 months if the shovels aren't already in the ground. Plus with all the news from D23, if there was something that imminent, it probably would have been discussed or announced then. They announced Tron, and that probably won't be open for close to 5 years.

Adventureland could use another ride attraction, especially with Tron eventually being added to the other side. But I don't think it's coming any time soon.

Maybe a meet and greet type attraction is in the cards? I suppose they could do something with the Tiki Hut, though that would make me sad and might cause the whole place to catch on fire (FYI for the FBI -- I'm not threatening to commit arson, I'm referencing the last time they made changes to the Tiki Hut and it caught fire...)

Jesus, is Tron ( a single ride) really 5 years out? They can build floating mountains in that time frame, and its an existent ride so I figured it'd make for a much faster timeline. Lordy...

Additions are "scheduled"...completion isn't the goal.

Jesus, is Tron ( a single ride) really 5 years out? They can build floating mountains in that time frame, and its an existent ride so I figured it'd make for a much faster timeline. Lordy...
Tron hasn’t started yet and is projected to open in Spring 2021.

It won't take 5 years to build, they probably won't really even start on it until 2020. It's just scheduled to be opened by the 50th. Why they chose to announce it at D23 this year as opposed to the next one I don't know.

Seriously.

It will be fully depreciated before its operational.

Tron hasn’t started yet and is projected to open in Spring 2021.

It won't take 5 years to build, they probably won't really even start on it until 2020. It's just scheduled to be opened by the 50th. Why they chose to announce it at D23 this year as opposed to the next one I don't know.

plus don't they need to reroute the speedway and I would think there is some impact to the railroad as well

But it should be open by the 50th which is only 4 years away so won't be more than that - so hasn't started yet, other work to be done, and probably 3.5 or so years until it opens (if they are able to do it to open in time for summer 2021)

Fine, it's just getting a little crazy pants when they schedule a single new ride for literally YEARS out. Ugh. At least I've got SW in a future timeline I can imagine.

They've been doing that since 2005...you do the math as to why...

Quite simple actually...

To lather the people up into a frenzy to generate more traffic/profit to their parks in an attempt to backstop a failing tv empire...

...but this is the first time it's occurred to me.:duck:

I've seen the youtube video that rumored this to be the volcano type attraction or hotel. The attraction was rumored to be based on moana.

I believe I heard it was either TRON or the Moana volcano ride, and they chose TRON

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter