New attraction in Adventureland

And if we go way back, Sleeping Beauty Castle was built before the movie came out
Other than it’s tough to be a big we’re there any other rides that predated their movie?
We can do this all day...there is literally no way they'd break ground on a moana ride right now...maybe if the soundtrack was being sung in 5 or 10 years...
I’m honestly rambling below this:

Before I saw Moana I put my guard up fearing the exact backlash Frozen got. It seems like as I was right. Just like Frozen the people shoving it down our throats are the “tumblr fan girl” type. Hell, one of the top videos on Facebook of Moana has the caption “I want a sequel immediately.” Considering social media this is why I make this case. Unlike Frozen they didn’t jump ship once they realized what they’ve done. I understood kids obsessing over it, because let’s face it, we did it. I grew up in the generation of constant Little Mermaid re-viewings, and I’m sure I did the same for The Lion King. That didn’t bother me since that’s something we did at that age. The social media thing did.

Back on topic at this point in their release cycles Moana is not the cultural phenomenon Frozen was. I don’t see those same kids obsessing like the previous movies mentioned. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw an attraction in the future, I just don’t think it’ll be within the next ten years. Plus Moana doesn’t give much ride potential as a lot of others. This is where I don’t like IPs, when it’s just shoehorned in. Don’t get me wrong I really liked Moana, I didn’t “love” it like I did with
Frozen. In spoiler because I’m afraid to admit I loved Frozen online. Huge Disney fan, saw them gradually build up to it with quality after so many misfires, felt like the renaissance movies to me, been too afraid to rewatch it because of the popularity. You know the usual. I’ve seen at least 70% of canon so I feel comfortable saying this and the following:
and Zootopia

I understand where you saying it was just a wild rumor, and above is why I think the rumor started

Other than it’s tough to be a big we’re there any other rides that predated their movie?

Before I saw Moana I put my guard up fearing the exact backlash Frozen got. It seems like as I was right. Just like Frozen the people shoving it down our throats are the “tumblr fan girl” type. Hell, one of the top videos on Facebook of Moana has the caption “I want a sequel immediately.” Considering social media this is why I make this case. Unlike Frozen they didn’t jump ship once they realized what they’ve done. I understood kids obsessing over it, because let’s face it, we did it. I grew up in the generation of constant Little Mermaid re-viewings, and I’m sure I did the same for The Lion King. That didn’t bother me since that’s something we did at that age. The social media thing did.

Back on topic at this point in their release cycles Moana is not the cultural phenomenon Frozen was. I don’t see those same kids obsessing like the previous movies mentioned. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw an attraction in the future, I just don’t think it’ll be within the next ten years. Plus Moana doesn’t give much ride potential as a lot of others. This is where I don’t like IPs, when it’s just shoehorned in. Don’t get me wrong I really liked Moana, I didn’t “love” it like I did with
Frozen. In spoiler because I’m afraid to admit I loved Frozen online. Huge Disney fan, saw them gradually build up to it with quality after so many misfires, felt like the renaissance movies to me, been too afraid to rewatch it because of the popularity. You know the usual. I’ve seen at least 70% of canon so I feel comfortable saying this and the following:
and Zootopia

I understand where you saying it was just a wild rumor, and above is why I think the rumor started

First off, thanks for qualifying the bulk of the post as rambling ... which I am sure most of this post will qualify for as well ;)

I do think there is a sense of people really being into the "new thing" and not letting things breath for a bit - thoughbpart of it is just the age we live in with shorter attention spans, every movie and tv show available when you want to watch it, etc

I do think the recent Disney animated movies have been high quality though (and agree with you in your "spoiler" comment) so at least there is that

Specifically with this rumor part of t is people seeing the old plan for the Fire Mountain attraction and thinking it would be easy to add a Moana overlay and there ya go

Good thing is that sounds like it would be a great attraction no matter tre overlay... and I am sure Disney/the imagineers throw out all sort she of stuff and that idea makes gut have even been one of them - and I would not be surprised if there is an internal group that still would like to see Fire Mountain built and bring it back up any chance they get

Oh, to your first part of other attraction ruins built for movies that hadn't come out yet ... well tons of parades and stuff to promote upcoming films and stuff like that but I can't think of anything else as a full blown, permanent attraction. Just did want to point out that not every property takes 20 years before and attractions can be considered

First off, thanks for qualifying the bulk of the post as rambling ... which I am sure most of this post will qualify for as well ;)

I do think there is a sense of people really being into the "new thing" and not letting things breath for a bit - thoughbpart of it is just the age we live in with shorter attention spans, every movie and tv show available when you want to watch it, etc

I do think the recent Disney animated movies have been high quality though (and agree with you in your "spoiler" comment) so at least there is that

Specifically with this rumor part of t is people seeing the old plan for the Fire Mountain attraction and thinking it would be easy to add a Moana overlay and there ya go

Good thing is that sounds like it would be a great attraction no matter tre overlay... and I am sure Disney/the imagineers throw out all sort she of stuff and that idea makes gut have even been one of them - and I would not be surprised if there is an internal group that still would like to see Fire Mountain built and bring it back up any chance they get

Oh, to your first part of other attraction ruins built for movies that hadn't come out yet ... well tons of parades and stuff to promote upcoming films and stuff like that but I can't think of anything else as a full blown, permanent attraction. Just did want to point out that not every property takes 20 years before and attractions can be considered

In July, they announced a TON of new stuff. The scope of the announced new attractions, when combined with what was already in progress was nearly on the scale of a new small park. Most of that construction has not even started, but we're already imagining new plans that they might have.

This new stuff is a significant investment in money and calendar. In reality, we probably can't expect anything else that hasn't been announced to be in the parks before 2021. It's entirely possible that this latest investment will amount to the total of what we'll see over the next decade, even.

I know there's not much else to write about in the Rumors and News forums without it, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect even more new rides to come in the next decade.

In July, they announced a TON of new stuff. The scope of the announced new attractions, when combined with what was already in progress was nearly on the scale of a new small park. Most of that construction has not even started, but we're already imagining new plans that they might have.

This new stuff is a significant investment in money and calendar. In reality, we probably can't expect anything else that hasn't been announced to be in the parks before 2021. It's entirely possible that this latest investment will amount to the total of what we'll see over the next decade, even.

I know there's not much else to write about in the Rumors and News forums without it, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect even more new rides to come in the next decade.

Just in regards to your last point I think a lot depends on new CEO - Eisner was committed to growing the parks ... Iger, not so much

You mean when they mortgaged their entire bank account to open a park concept that didn't exist before and hoped it would work?

Think more "under the sea with Ariel"...a solid 20 years...
Midway mania 15...on the short end, carsland - which was again a very unique financial circumstance.

I'll say this: they could retheme the treehouse to moana...you know, if she lived in a treehouse...

Moana's jungle cruise? The magic carpets of moana? Moana's enchanted singing birds?

I could see a virtual ride experience similar to soarin or star tours working well for recent hit films.

"Moana's Wayfinder adventure" You start off like the beginning of the movie, on a serene beach, then you board a canoe and sail across the sea, restoring the heart.
I don't know what all goes into building that sort of ride, but as long as they didn't invest too heavily into the que theming, it seems like it could easily be re-imagined every 10 years or so to keep it fresh.

I could see a virtual ride experience similar to soarin or star tours working well for recent hit films.

"Moana's Wayfinder adventure" You start off like the beginning of the movie, on a serene beach, then you board a canoe and sail across the sea, restoring the heart.
I don't know what all goes into building that sort of ride, but as long as they didn't invest too heavily into the que theming, it seems like it could easily be re-imagined every 10 years or so to keep it fresh.

That's not a bad idea...problem is that they really wouldn't be able to theme it the way they typically do to draw attention off the crowds...

they use the theming to handle crowd control too

That's not a bad idea...problem is that they really wouldn't be able to theme it the way they typically do to draw attention off the crowds...

they use the theming to handle crowd control too

A simple que like Winnie the Pooh's could work. It is basically a themed playground. If the ride opens into a gift shop, it will pay for itself in no time

I never understood why they didn't build the Jungle Cruise restaurant - (Skipper Canteen) nearer to the actual attraction or actually overlooking the attraction. I know they had an existing building to fill, but I think that would have more flavor to it then.

A Moana attraction could be neat, I just not sure where they would fit it besides utilizing space over the river and very near the Jungle Cruise (like next to Crystal Palace)

I never understood why they didn't build the Jungle Cruise restaurant - (Skipper Canteen) nearer to the actual attraction or actually overlooking the attraction. I know they had an existing building to fill, but I think that would have more flavor to it then.

A Moana attraction could be neat, I just not sure where they would fit it besides utilizing space over the river and very near the Jungle Cruise (like next to Crystal Palace)

Simple:

They had An empty food service space...dating from park opening...across the street

I never actually knew that was a food service location (or I never cared when it was). Wasn’t that a meet and greet spot at one point in time?

I forget the name...but I do believe that was an original food location...closed around 80...then they used If for random stuff including meet and greets

and Zootopia

Don't be afraid to love Frozen...I love Frozen. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a 46 year old that loves Frozen. I loved the Frozen Sing Along also. I'm looking forward to taking the family to see it the next time we visit.

Frozen for what ever strange reason, was quite a hit in the parks before they gave it the Norway pavilion attraction. It was the whole theme of the place for nearly a year. Whether it is was park generated promotion or true staying power, it had a far greater presence in the Florida parks than Moana. If you are at the Florida parks now, would you even know the movie( Moana ) existed?
You had Frozen summer of fun which really made Anna and Elsa the new darlings, much to many peoples annoyance, but I'll let it go.

Frozen for what ever strange reason, was quite a hit in the parks before they gave it the Norway pavilion attraction. It was the whole theme of the place for nearly a year. Whether it is was park generated promotion or true staying power, it had a far greater presence in the Florida parks than Moana. If you are at the Florida parks now, would you even know the movie( Moana ) existed?
You had Frozen summer of fun which really made Anna and Elsa the new darlings, much to many peoples annoyance, but I'll let it go.
My sister worked there during the winter of 2014, or when Frozen had just come out. She said nothing Frozen stayed on the shelves. Also witnessed a fight breakout over a restock on the dresses.
Hearing you say that though makes me surprised they haven’t put Moana in as a meet n greet yet, not even Maui! But then again Nick and Judy still aren’t

I met Moana at Studios back in January. Was a 20 min wait max. Looking back I wouldn’t meet her now if she has the 2 hour lines like she had at MNSSHP

Ooohh, I hope they do not do this. I hope they continue to be strategic with the IP attractions and not just push the latest thing. Yes, Toy Story and Frozen got rides relatively quickly. But Toy Story was a completely groundbreaking movie. Frozen was a once in decades phenomenon. They warranted attractions more quickly.

Listen, I LOVE Moana. A lot. But they would be silly to invest in a Moana attraction right now. A meet and greet? Yes, definitely a meet and greet. But they have to get the casting issue sorted out. But a ride? No way. They have no idea if people will even care about Moana in 1, 5, 10 years. Would be a very short sighted move. And I say this as a Moana fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter