New booking category at the Polynesian?

I am not familiar with the abbreviation RAT
TIA
Mark
RAT = resort availability tool

You can use it to check your dates for specific villas at any DVC resort. But it does not show how many of those villas are available to book, just if one is available.

So lets be clear, its still basically TWO seperate rooms, and its still NOT guaranteed - and this is supposed to be a big deal??
It would be guaranteed with the new category....right now the category is showing on the RAT but not bookable so you would still need to book 2 rooms and make the request at this time.

So lets be clear, its still basically TWO seperate rooms, and its still NOT guaranteed - and this is supposed to be a big deal??

When the feature is added to the booking website the connecting rooms will be guaranteed.

:earsboy: Bill

Is this going to limit the number of rooms available for Lake view and Standard view? For example, are all connecting rooms now only going to be available as connecting, and not be listed for Lake and Standard? If this is the case, I am not sure I like this change. Both times, we have been in a connecting room, even though we only had one studio. I am concerned that regular Studio's will no longer have the same availability.
No. Of the 360 studios, only two don’t connect.

I wish they had added this option, but we were told by MS that it was a systems glitch.

It would be nice. I was wondering if it was a tool for member services to make these reservations quickly and easily. But then would the member receive a confirmation for a connecting room? So that doesn't make sense either.

I have to admit that I keep thinking about all those posts I have seen where PVB owners are complaining they cannot get a single studio during the peak DVC fall, holiday and marathon season. Does it make sense to throw in a category where someone can book two rooms as quickly as one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter