New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

We booked a BB offer in Sept. for Sept. 2019. Because of a flight problem we need to change Saturday arrival to Sunday. Would we be able to that?

We booked a BB offer in Sept. for Sept. 2019. Because of a flight problem we need to change Saturday arrival to Sunday. Would we be able to that?

The only way to know is to call. Best thing is to call the bounceback number. If you call CRO they have to work with the bounceback staff to change it anyway. Disney’s official policy is that the new dates have to be available under the promotion. But many people have successfully dropped a day at the beginning or end of their stay. Good luck!

Has anyone been able to pick up their MYW tickets early with these packages?

I understand that the new date-based aren’t able to be picked up early, however, these packages contain the old MYW.

Thank you

because of my son's new job wee werent sure about much for a while. I was able to call CRO and add 2 nights to the end of the trip. then a couple weeks later I was able to call back and drop 3 nights off the beginning. it's true that those dates had to be available for the promotion. (the last 2).. (at first we booked around only one weekend, cheaper. with his new job he couldn't take off as much work so we included 2 weekends.)

Has anyone been able to pick up their MYW tickets early with these packages?

I understand that the new date-based aren’t able to be picked up early, however, these packages contain the old MYW.

Thank you
I'm hoping. I was told we could by guest relations. hubby and I will be at pop 2 dayse before the kiddos on a room only ressie. we want to activate ours a days early so we can go to DS and upgrade to annual passes.. be done with "business" before the arrival of the grandkids. she did say "because you're staying at the same resort..."

because of my son's new job wee werent sure about much for a while. I was able to call CRO and add 2 nights to the end of the trip. then a couple weeks later I was able to call back and drop 3 nights off the beginning. it's true that those dates had to be available for the promotion. (the last 2).. (at first we booked around only one weekend, cheaper. with his new job he couldn't take off as much work so we included 2 weekends.)
Do you happen to know if adding/dropping nights caused them to recalculate to new room rates and higher ticket prices?

Do you happen to know if adding/dropping nights caused them to recalculate to new room rates and higher ticket prices?

I’m going to post my BB modification experiences here to help anyone...

1st mod) Not really pertinent, but I maxed our tickets to 10 day before the date-based change.

2nd mod) Earlier this year we switched dates from Dec 6-14 to Dec 24-Jan 1, and the room rate changed to what was listed on the website at the time (it’s gone up even more).

Now, the room rate may have just been conveniently in line with what they were last August, so, in that case, it may mean nothing. I am curious to know if they honor/prorate the rooms back to their rates at the time of the BB promotion. However, I doubt it.

Doing so did not change our tickets to date-based; they are still MYW (confirmed) only because I did not add/remove days. However, the website/app shows the expiration date of the tickets to end on 1/1/20, which I do not like. That appears to be the date-based model. It was the same for Dec 14. These tickets should appear as MYW: expiration of 12/31/19 and 14 days from first use.

Mod 3) Last week we upgraded to the the DDP and the difference between the plans ($23 pp?) was the only thing that changed. I explicitly asked them not touch my room rates or MYW tickets!

Last edited:
I’m going to post my BB modification experiences here to help anyone...

1st mod) Not really pertinent, but I maxed our tickets to 10 day before the date-based change.

2nd mod) Earlier this year we switched dates from Dec 6-14 to Dec 24-Jan 1, and the room rate changed to what was listed on the website at the time (it’s gone up even more).

Now, the room rate may have just been conveniently in line with what they were last August, so, in that case, it may mean nothing. I am curious to know if they honor/prorate the rooms back to their rates at the time of the BB promotion. However, I doubt it.

Doing so did not change our tickets to date-based; they are still MYW (confirmed) only because I did not add/remove days. However, the website/app shows the expiration date of the tickets to end on 1/1/20, which I do not like. That appears to be the date-based model. It was the same for Dec 14. These tickets should appear as MYW: expiration of 12/31/19 and 14 days from first use.

Mod 3) Last week we upgraded to the the DDP and the difference between the plans ($23 pp?) was the only thing that changed. I explicitly asked them not touch my room rates or MYW tickets!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I booked FD at Pop for September but not the BB. I booked too many nights because I couldn't commit to dates that far out and I figured it'd be easier to drop nights than to add them. But then the ticket increase and the room increase came and now I'm afraid they'll reprice everything if I drop a couple of nights. At the going rate 7 nights will cost more than the 10 I have booked. And I may have to add another person, which could mess up the tickets.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I booked FD at Pop for September but not the BB. I booked too many nights because I couldn't commit to dates that far out and I figured it'd be easier to drop nights than to add them. But then the ticket increase and the room increase came and now I'm afraid they'll reprice everything if I drop a couple of nights. At the going rate 7 nights will cost more than the 10 I have booked. And I may have to add another person, which could mess up the tickets.
The best thing is to call Disney and see
a) is it even possible to rebook your FD trip and
b) if you did, what the new price would be.

Even though you booked more nights that you may want, there is no guarantee that you can drop nights from your current booking and still maintain your FD promotion.

I think you will only be able to find out the answer to your questions by calling Disney as only they can tell if it's possible to change your current offer and if so, what the new price would be.

My experience with FD and BB modifications: if you drop nights, you should not see any rate changes to remaining nights or tickets. However, if you add nights, the new nights will change to current pricing.

Price it beforehand, and always, ALWAYS ask for GS. They have their handy little calculators and get the job done!

Also, adding a guest to your room does not change the ticket/room rates. If you get a CM who wants to change your rates - hang up and call back.

Last edited:
The best thing is to call Disney and see
a) is it even possible to rebook your FD trip and
b) if you did, what the new price would be.

Even though you booked more nights that you may want, there is no guarantee that you can drop nights from your current booking and still maintain your FD promotion.

I think you will only be able to find out the answer to your questions by calling Disney as only they can tell if it's possible to change your current offer and if so, what the new price would be.
I never call "unarmed". I like to know what the end result should be before calling because more often than not with call centers I know more about the situation than the person on the other side of the line does. This is not exclusive to Disney. That is why I was asking for experiences from other posters, and @Lehuaann kindly obliged :).
My experience with FD and BB modifications: if you drop nights, you should not see any rate changes to remaining nights or tickets. However, if you add nights, the new nights will change to current pricing.

Price it beforehand, and always, ALWAYS ask for GS. They have their handy little calculators and get the job done!

Also, adding a guest to your room does not change the ticket/room rates. If you get a CM who wants to change your rates - hang up and call back.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I won't know the final dates it until right before the payment is due so I can't call until then, but I like knowing what to expect.

I never call "unarmed". I like to know what the end result should be before calling because more often than not with call centers I know more about the situation than the person on the other side of the line does. This is not exclusive to Disney. That is why I was asking for experiences from other posters, and @Lehuaann kindly obliged :).

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I won't know the final dates it until right before the payment is due so I can't call until then, but I like knowing what to expect.
I was not recommending calling ‘unarmed’ but I was recommending calling to see if what you want to do is even possible.

2 years ago I attempted to reduce my FD BB by a day but was unable to because an entire new reservation for the days I wanted to keep was not available. With a FD booking my experience has been that’s it’s not always as simple as ‘please remove 1 day from the start/end of my current booking.’

It may be possible but it may not. My suggestion was just to call (even more than once) to see what answer(s) you get. I was only hoping to avoid possible disappointment down the road. It’s totally up to you. I was just sharing my experience trying to do what you were asking about and finding out (after more than 1 call) that I could not reduce my existing booking.

I tried in April,2019 to shorten our trip for August, 2019. Originally booked as,a FD Bounce back offer. Disney did not allow it. The reason was the FD bounce back offer had expired. They offered to cancel that reservation, rebook and charge me the difference in the FD\to purchasing dining plan. They wanted to charge me $1,600 more for our stay. I promptly replied, no thank you and hung up. With the FD, you pay rack rate for room and it didn't change.

I tried in April,2019 to shorten our trip for August, 2019. Originally booked as,a FD Bounce back offer. Disney did not allow it. The reason was the FD bounce back offer had expired. They offered to cancel that reservation, rebook and charge me the difference in the FD\to purchasing dining plan. They wanted to charge me $1,600 more for our stay. I promptly replied, no thank you and hung up. With the FD, you pay rack rate for room and it didn't change.
Did the CM get Guest Services involved? The regular CMs can't look into the availability of expired promos. Only the Guest Services can. Sometimes there's availability and sometimes there isn't, but you have to have it escalated.

Yes we had Guest Services involved and even the back office at the front desk of POP. They wouldn't allow it.

The back office is not supposed to have access to any reservation that is retained by WDTC. Until your reservation is fulfilled and processed by WDTC, there is nothing anyone onsite can do. I am surprised you were transferred there.

That was part of the deal with early ticket pickup; the reservations needed to be released into GR’s ticketing systems (now I’m starting to miss Cheshire Figment :sad1:).

Just this past October GS dropped a night from my son’s room. And I’m going to try again this December if our 2 night waitlist comes through.

Have you tried via the BB number?

We've already booked flight and our package is paid in full!! Only 33 days left. If we are fortunate to get another bounce back offer, I know to look over a calendar and then check dates again and again, before booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter