New Costa Rica Itineary....how much bus time?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Hi I noticed and read the thread where the CR itinerary changed and there is not the puddle hopper plane anymore but rather a bus. I assume this is a coach bus with AC and a bathroom etc? Can you GUESSTIMATE how long you spent on the bus? Seems like a fair part of this trip involves a bus....

A lot. We just did it in March. That being said, it is one of our favorite trips to date. You have significant driving time on about 3 of the days, and one of them caused some motion sickness in multiple parties on the bus. Bus is nice, bathroom to be used sparingly, good AC, charging outlets. My feedback after the adventure was to cut out some of that driving though.

A lot. We just did it in March. That being said, it is one of our favorite trips to date. You have significant driving time on about 3 of the days, and one of them caused some motion sickness in multiple parties on the bus. Bus is nice, bathroom to be used sparingly, good AC, charging outlets. My feedback after the adventure was to cut out some of that driving though.

More details! Length of rides per day and can u share why u liked trip do much I’m on the fence!

Day 1-not really a day in my opinion. We spent 10 mins meeting the guides, and dinner was on our own.

Day 2-drove from San Jose to Sarapiqui to white water raft...lots of fun and great lunch after. Then drove from Sarapiqui to Arenal area. Probably 3-4 hours on the bus total.

Day 3-Drove to Cano Negro and back for the wildlife safari. Maybe 3 hours bus time total? The safari was a lot of fun and we saw tons of animals.

Day 4-No significant bus time. Probably our favorite day. Zip lines and thermal springs.

Day 5-3-4 hour bus trip to Guanacaste. Very motion sick. You stop at the Chocolate Rain Forest at the beginning, but nothing great to break up the ride other than lunch.

Day 6-No bus time at all.

We loved all of the activities on this trip. We all had different favorite days, and we were busy all of the time. We really like the activities, so this one was a favorite for sure. We would absolutely do it again even with all of the bus time.

Thanks. I don't think that is the trip for us...i appreciate the time you took in helping me realize that! I don't do well on buses that long...Thanks!

Did the guides have some activities to help pass the time? My kids have motion sickness issues won’t be able to read or stare at screens. So having second thoughts about this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!