New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Do they usually cut off the Gold Member overnight queues at a certain time or # of guests?
It's by capacity. In 2017, once the gold member section was filled, you were directed to join the back of the general queue. The cutoff time will be largely dependent upon the popularity of the presentation as the majority of overnighters will likely also be gold members.

It's by capacity. In 2017, once the gold member section was filled, you were directed to join the back of the general queue. The cutoff time will be largely dependent upon the popularity of the presentation as the majority of overnighters will likely also be gold members.

Yes, I figured that! Hopefully Disney has already figured out how to balance the queue with the reservations!

Assuming that includes the maybe ~500 or less(?) saved for sorcerers and other Disney folks/execs?

Yeah, media too. I’d guess there will be a set number minus the held seats and a portion will go into the pool for pre-selection and the other for what @PatMcDuck speculated, standby. Probably the same scenario for TalentPass and StorePass, although there probably isn’t a portion held back for Sorcerers/others there...but I could totally be wrong on that, I’m just speculating! We can’t be sure because “NEW!” I’m kind of wondering how this will all really play out.

Yeah, media too. I’d guess there will be a set number minus the held seats and a portion will go into the pool for pre-selection and the other for what @PatMcDuck speculated, standby. Probably the same scenario for TalentPass and StorePass, although there probably isn’t a portion held back for Sorcerers/others there...but I could totally be wrong on that, I’m just speculating! We can’t be sure because “NEW!” I’m kind of wondering how this will all really play out.

Same! Biding my time by scouring Amazon for travel essentials. Got my turtle pillow for the plane and another Anker charger, just in case. Anyone have any other favorite must-have's for the Expo? I prefer books to digital books, so I'm lugging some along with me. Otherwise trying to travel light and keep room for souvenirs.

Anyone have any other favorite must-have's for the Expo?

This is my first expo, but I know I will have to have a large wrap that can double as a blanket if I get cold. I have one, but my sister has appropriated it. So I need another so we both are good to go.

This is my first expo, but I know I will have to have a large wrap that can double as a blanket if I get cold. I have one, but my sister has appropriated it. So I need another so we both are good to go.

Yes, it’s always COLD everywhere but the show floor. Bring layers. I just bought a chair from amazon that folds up pretty small so we’ll see how that works.

Yes, it’s always COLD everywhere but the show floor. Bring layers. I just bought a chair from amazon that folds up pretty small so we’ll see how that works.

I have one that I got from Meijer or Walmart for about $15 that weighs about 3 lbs. I used it a couple weekends ago and it worked great. It might not be as comfortable as some, but better than the floor. I may bring a blowup ottoman that I saw at five below as well.

I always have my small, wheeled suitcase. It is about international carryon size, smaller than US airlines carry on size. It is small enough to fit in front of me when sitting in panels and sessions, so not hanging in an aisle or taking up the space of people on either side of me. And I’ve not had any problems with it on the show floor.

I have found it makes things much easier - Water & snacks go inside, plus a light sweatshirt or wrap, and my small folding chair fits inside as well. Much easier on my shoulders & back than a backpack or carrying a lot of bags. Most purchases will also fit inside...unless the purchase is something really large. :earsboy:

I always have my small, wheeled suitcase. It is about international carryon size, smaller than US airlines carry on size. It is small enough to fit in front of me when sitting in panels and sessions, so not hanging in an aisle or taking up the space of people on either side of me. And I’ve not had any problems with it on the show floor.

I have found it makes things much easier - Water & snacks go inside, plus a light sweatshirt or wrap, and my small folding chair fits inside as well. Much easier on my shoulders & back than a backpack or carrying a lot of bags. Most purchases will also fit inside...unless the purchase is something really large. :earsboy:

What a great idea.

I use a regular sized backpack, and fit my things inside or hang them on the outside. Last year brought one of those light small chairs. This year I have a chillbo baggins blow up bed thing. I will maybe bring both, not sure. I wear a zip hoodie and light pants, not shorts. Snacks and water, usually the PB cracker packs and maybe some cookies. My kindle and a charger. Might bring the kindle fire vs. my book kindle this year, and preload some movies.

You have given me inspiration and motivation to BUY one of those super cute Disney rolling suitcases (carry on size, of course!) on the show floor to use during the Expo -- for "practical" reasons, ah hem... DH will have you to thank! ;)

You have given me inspiration and motivation to BUY one of those super cute Disney rolling suitcases (carry on size, of course!) on the show floor to use during the Expo -- for "practical" reasons, ah hem... DH will have you to thank! ;)
It’s for health reasons ;-) and you can also use it at travel shows, book fairs, etc,

I look at those Disney suitcases each expo and also on the DCL cruise ship shops....haven’t gotten one yet but they are very cute.

Same! Biding my time by scouring Amazon for travel essentials. Got my turtle pillow for the plane and another Anker charger, just in case. Anyone have any other favorite must-have's for the Expo? I prefer books to digital books, so I'm lugging some along with me. Otherwise trying to travel light and keep room for souvenirs.

I also prefer real books, but not for travel! I don't need that extra weight!

So true! I was freezing in line and during all presentations, and sweating on the show floor.

I use a regular sized backpack, and fit my things inside or hang them on the outside. Last year brought one of those light small chairs. This year I have a chillbo baggins blow up bed thing. I will maybe bring both, not sure. I wear a zip hoodie and light pants, not shorts. Snacks and water, usually the PB cracker packs and maybe some cookies. My kindle and a charger. Might bring the kindle fire vs. my book kindle this year, and preload some movies.

I downloaded some shows from Netflix to my Fire and it was fantastic. I also brought my noise canceling headphones.

@kristenabelle My favorite items are a Sistema sandwich container to prevent things from getting smashed in my bag and hand sanitizer. 😉

Coming back from Barcelona, I kept smelling this really wonderful, relaxing smell from near me. I realized that it was the poor girl with the cold across the aisle. She had lavender hand sanitizer. I bought some on my first trip to the grocery store after returning home. It just made me feel great when smelling it.

We bought 5-day hoppers via the D23 Expo discount. I think I read on the old D23 Expo thread that those hoppers do not get Magic Morning privileges. Is that correct? The tickets are loaded to the app and don't say they do, don't say they don't! TIA!

We bought 5-day hoppers via the D23 Expo discount. I think I read on the old D23 Expo thread that those hoppers do not get Magic Morning privileges. Is that correct? The tickets are loaded to the app and don't say they do, don't say they don't! TIA!

I noticed that they didn't say MM on any of the info or purchase page; whereas, if you try to buy through DL, they actually show that. Other places like Last Minute Travel Club and ARes, actually say the tickets have MM. The lack of MM is the reason that I probably won't buy the Expo discount park tickets. I think I am going to use LMTC.

I noticed that they didn't say MM on any of the info or purchase page; whereas, if you try to buy through DL, they actually show that. Other places like Last Minute Travel Club and ARes, actually say the tickets have MM. The lack of MM is the reason that I probably won't buy the Expo discount park tickets. I think I am going to use LMTC.

Thanks. The Expo price was too good for us to give up, so we’ll just have to manage without MM.

Hopefully this whole online reservations thing is helpful and won’t over complicate things... at very least... I hope it makes something available for the big presentations that demand an overnight wait. It would be awesome not to have to cut the theme park time on the night prior to the expo short just to ensure we get SOME sleep... enduring an overnight queue with little to no sleep sounds like hell on earth. Like... going to bed around 12 AM getting up at 6 AM, I can pull off as that is what I tend to do for the theme parks anyway. But 2 AM... especially after being up at 6 AM the day prior and at the parks til close the night before... I just don’t know...

I tend to get sick on vacations as well... I can’t imagine staying up like that is gonna be very helpful with warding off catching things... a bit stressful! :\

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter