New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

We bought 5-day hoppers via the D23 Expo discount. I think I read on the old D23 Expo thread that those hoppers do not get Magic Morning privileges. Is that correct? The tickets are loaded to the app and don't say they do, don't say they don't! TIA!
If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you get MM with using your hotel room key. It does not need to say MM on your tickets, and the hotel key gets MM to whichever Park has the early access each day.

It will be down August 26-September 5 according to some cast members I overheard talking about their schedules! They were discussing when they should plan a vacation. Of course, this isn't quite official information, lol, but it seems logical. I guess we will see!
8/26 info & hours are up on the DL website and if you look under attractions it says HM goes down that day. It still isn’t showing up if you just click on the calendar date though.
Regarding the dates for HM's Halloween overlay installation, the above quotes are from another thread. Good news for those coming to DL for Expo!

If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you get MM with using your hotel room key. It does not need to say MM on your tickets, and the hotel key gets MM to whichever Park has the early access each day.

Unfortunately we’re not staying at a Disney hotel but were hoping to get one MM with our multiday tickets as we did once before.

Just to clarify on all the DLR early entry lingo:
MM is a perk given to most 3+ day tickets (not military discount tickets). It is good for one early entry to DL only, FL and TL only, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Disney can change those days, so always double check, e.g. CHOC Walk weekend is a good example (8/10 & 11). MM is good for on site and off site guests -- it comes with the 3+ day ticket, not the hotel.
EE/EMH is a perk given to on site guests. It is one hour early entry to each park on alternating days. EMH is for DL and coincides with MM. EE is for DCA on the other days. This makes EE a bit more advantageous because you don't have to share it with MM guests.

Nice article!

Aww thank you for taking the time to say that, how nice. I was thinking of doing an intermediate tip one as well.

Usually whenever I write articles I only get nasty feedback in the comments. I think someone called me 'the stupidest person they'd ever encountered' for one of my blue sky articles on changing original attractions to IP based.

Aww thank you for taking the time to say that, how nice. I was thinking of doing an intermediate tip one as well.

Usually whenever I write articles I only get nasty feedback in the comments. I think someone called me 'the stupidest person they'd ever encountered' for one of my blue sky articles on changing original attractions to IP based.

Ew. Sometimes I hate the internet.

It was a great article! Fun, to-the-point, and factual!

Ew. Sometimes I hate the internet.

It was a great article! Fun, to-the-point, and factual!

Nah, it's ok. When I saw that comment I laughed for an hour straight and put a screen shot up on my facebook.
I think if it had been more targeted criticism that actually made sense, then I might have had my feelings hurt.

Love it! Nice job! But why are giving good advice to other people. You should be saying "Show up at least 45 minutes before the doors open." :rotfl2:

I'm still waiting for my first awful comment on the DVC show - I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

Sorry :( Next time I'll skew all of my tips just a little bit to give us the better advantage still, hahaha. Most of the tips were harmless, like take a water bottle and battery charger. If I go into my real in depth strategies, then maybe we'll be in trouble.

Awful comments are probably inevitable, no matter how likable/knowledgeable/good you are. If it happens, don't worry too much. If it's anywhere near constructive criticism, you can think on it. But if it's just some stupid negative comment just ignore it. People are mean/suck sometimes and it's nothing to do with you.

Sorry :( Next time I'll skew all of my tips just a little bit to give us the better advantage still, hahaha. Most of the tips were harmless, like take a water bottle and battery charger. If I go into my real in depth strategies, then maybe we'll be in trouble.

Awful comments are probably inevitable, no matter how likable/knowledgeable/good you are. If it happens, don't worry too much. If it's anywhere near constructive criticism, you can think on it. But if it's just some stupid negative comment just ignore it. People are mean/suck sometimes and it's nothing to do with you.

I have a thick skin - I'm not too worried about mean comments. The DIS is generally pretty good. I remember that article you posted about adding IP to rides. I didn't remember you wrote it, but I have to say - I could picture some negative responses to that one! To me it was harmless speculation - so I didn't take any offense. And I really did think this article was a good one! And yeah, I don't think you gave away too many deep dark secrets - not that there are many...

In an upcoming DVC show I take a negative stance on Saratoga Springs. I'm guessing I might get my first "you suck" comments from that one.

I liked both articles. However, I know how you think and know that you weren't asking them to change these rides, just suggesting ways that they could do it without sucking:-)

Love it! Nice job! But why are giving good advice to other people. You should be saying "Show up at least 45 minutes before the doors open." :rotfl2:

I'm still waiting for my first awful comment on the DVC show - I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

I got one for you. Why did you waste your money on DVC? You should be spending on Dooney & Bourke bags;)

Shhh! You have to keep those secrets for us:rolleyes1

Does Disney have a combined list of all the currently planned events for the D23 Expo complied anywhere to view with ease? Or are they just listed in various articles?? If not, I wonder if somebody here could make a Friday / Saturday / Sunday list breakdown with what all has currently been announced and confirmed for each of those days thus far... a makeshift schedule would be ace!

Does Disney have a combined list of all the currently planned events for the D23 Expo complied anywhere to view with ease? Or are they just listed in various articles?? If not, I wonder if somebody here could make a Friday / Saturday / Sunday list breakdown with what all has currently been announced and confirmed for each of those days thus far... a makeshift schedule would be ace!
They usually don't publish the full schedule until a week or so out, which definitely drives an overplanner like myself up the wall. So here's the Google sheet of the panel schedule I started to tide us over. I've listed end times only when they were specified. Otherwise, the panel durations are best guesstimates based on past expos: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11m-kIbB3C3bembHY7n91dJT3CkYbNl8Q6ovpAq_S0z4/edit?usp=sharing

They usually don't publish the full schedule until a week or so out, which definitely drives an overplanner like myself up the wall. So here's the Google sheet of the panel schedule I started to tide us over. I've listed end times only when they were specified. Otherwise, the panel durations are best guesstimates based on past expos: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11m-kIbB3C3bembHY7n91dJT3CkYbNl8Q6ovpAq_S0z4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing the document!

More panels!

https://d23.com/disney-parks-experiences-and-products-d23-expo-2019/
And just like that, the hard choices get even harder! Would've loved to see Steve Thompson for the Masqureade doll signing, but I'm not missing the Studio presentation for anything
Thanks! There is a lot more expo info than just the Parks panel in this D23 post. Finally more info starting to come out. I also see the Sklar panel is at a different time than in the earlier allears article. And finally some info about the Pete Doctor Marc Davis book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter