New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ordered a shake as our dessert at B&C on the DDP. Not sure if that’s true everywhere but it worked for us.

Tonight at California Grill all cocktails and beers were included. The wines that were not included were clearly marked with an asterisk.

We ordered three alcoholic beverages and the DxDDP covered them all. The same happened at Kona. We ordered four alcoholic beverages and the Dining Plan covered them all (we were two adults). I think that there are glitches in their system.

No kids, just two adults and the system covered them all? I would say that's a glitch.

I don't recall if this has already been addressed, but maybe not...maybe the system is setup such that at sig restaurants, it see's 2 credits being used (although for one meal) and 1 alcoholic beverage per credit = 2 alcoholic beverages.

I realize that the dining plan wording is:

Each meal from a Signature Dining restaurant includes: 1 Entrée, 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older), 1 Dessert.

But maybe the system isn't able to distinguish that then if comes to drinks.

Thoughts?

*Edit* My mistake, Kona isn't a sig restaurant, so maybe the OP just got lucky!

Last edited:

I don't recall if this has already been addressed, but maybe not...maybe the system is setup such that at sig restaurants, it see's 2 credits being used (although for one meal) and 1 alcoholic beverage per credit = 2 alcoholic beverages.

Thoughts?
I thought of that as well, but then why would it happen at Kona which is a 1-credit restaurant?

I thought of that as well, but then why would it happen at Kona which is a 1-credit restaurant?

Good catch! Maybe the OP was still enjoying the effects of the beverages they had the night before at Cali grill and what they thought were 4 drinks was actually only 2 at Kona????

:rotfl2:

Good catch! Maybe the OP was still enjoying the effects of the beverages they had the night before at Cali grill and what they thought were 4 drinks was actually only 2 at Kona????

:rotfl2:
@Maiky should enjoy it while it lasts! The servers probably won't complain because the more drinks are covered by the plan, the higher their tips will be.

Has anyone had the option to eat at Boathouse yet? I just noticed that it was not listed on the participating restaurants list. Its a must do for my family and now i am getting worried. ( they love that mac n cheese)

I've been looking all over for notes on this too! Anybody get back to you with an experience yet on the new DxDP at Boathouse?

I've been looking all over for notes on this too! Anybody get back to you with an experience yet on the new DxDP at Boathouse?

On the Disney website when you look at restaurants and click DDP eligible, The BOATHOUSE shows up on that list.

Just got home yesterday. A few experiences:

Monsieur Paul: Any drink up to $24 was included. We each had a $22.50 glass of wine.

California Grill Brunch: The bloody mary was NOT included. I didn't push too hard and ended up paying for it.

Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining (same drink menu): The drink menu has the DDP logo on eligible items. Most cocktails were included. The hot sake was included but not the expensive ones. For beer, you can only get the Medium size ($6.50) and not the Large size ($8.50).

Tiffins: Drinks were marked. I had a Tempting Tigress cocktail.

Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno: There are a few brunch cocktails listed on the menu. I got the Sicilian Bloody Mary and it was included.

Just checking to see if anyone has any info or experience with San Pellegrino as an included beverage or not, on ddp.

I've always been able to get this for years on the DDP since I don't drink soda and most WDW unsweet tea tastes like brown water. The one exception is H&V, they've been adamant, on multiple occasions, that it is extra.

California Grill Brunch: The bloody mary was NOT included. I didn't push too hard and ended up paying for it.

That's unfortunate. When I went on Jan 21st our server allowed it. I was unsure if he may have just been being nice or if it was allowed but I believed it was allowed because it was on the bill and "comped" by the plan. Maybe the policy changed already. Too bad.

So, I have a question. I have two teenagers and we will have the DDP. At somewhere like Sci-fi, would a milkshake not count as their dessert, or are shakes not considered desserts?

Historically you could count it as either a beverage (with the ability to order another dessert) or a dessert (with the ability to have a soda with your meal), so unless we hear that has changed I'd assume it to still be the case.

We're back - we had the DDP for 4 days - here is what we were able to get to drink included with our meals!
TS
Cape May Cafe breakfast - DH had a pressed pot of coffee and I had a mimosa - bloody mary was also an option but we weren't in the mood for that
Tusker House dinner - entire alcohol menu was handed to us and we were able to order anything - I had sparkling wine and DH had a sugar cane mojito
1900 Park Fare dinner - again entire alcohol menu was handed to us - I had another glass of sparkling wine and DH had a "mule" of some sort
Akershus lunch - once again entire alochol menu was handed to us - I had a glass of red wine - pinot noir maybe? DH had a "mule" here of some sort too
* DD7 had a shirley temple at all 3 lunches/dinners.*

QS
Columbia Harbor House - no alcohol served there - we had a bottle of smart water and a soda
Pecos Bill - no alcohol served there - we had a slushy beverage (gave this to DD7 as we didn't order a kids meal there and that was her lunch - no judging allowed!) and a soda
Satuli Canteen - I had a glass of red wine and we had a bottle of smart water (DH didn't want to drink... not like it was 10am or anything! LOL)
Flametree BBQ - DH had a beer (we only used one QS credit there)
BOG breakfast - nothing really special offered there drink-wise - got a bottle of water to drink later with DD7 kids meal

Epcot we didn't do any QS as we ate around the booths for the Arts Festival
DHS we didn't use any DDP credits - we did OOP there due to our split reservations.

We used mobile ordering at satuli canteen, pizzafari, and flame tree yesterday. It was so easy and one adult was able to pick up the food with 3 alcoholic beverages with no problem. Super convenient to bypass the standby lines while the rest of the party grabs a table.

Mobile ordering works with the dining plan and alcohol? How did I miss that! We leave in 3 weeks and this is very good to know. (More that it works with DDP that alcohol.)

I've always been able to get this for years on the DDP since I don't drink soda and most WDW unsweet tea tastes like brown water. The one exception is H&V, they've been adamant, on multiple occasions, that it is extra.
Thank you, that's good to know.

We ate at Homecomin', Nine Dragons, San Angel Inn, Narcoosee's and Le Cellier in the last three days. All cocktails and beers were included but, as with other restaurants, no flights. The wines that were not included were clearly marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!