New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, that’s great news! Did they give you an option to pay extra for the pineapple?
No. I was initially told that the Lapu Lapu wasn’t included. I asked if it would be included if I didn’t get it in the pineapple. I was told that I can get it in the glass. I’ve got to be honest. I like the taste much better in the pineapple. It tasted much stronger without the pineapple. I regretted not ordering the Pina Colava.

Copying this here from another thread. The Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package does include an alcoholic drink when paying with the dining plan.

We did the parade package yesterday - were able to get one alcohol drink as part of our dining package with no issues. The food was excellent (really loved the ravioli) and the parade passes were awesome. Walked up at 3:10 and had front row seats for the parade with lots of room to move around. It’s a great value on the dining plan!

A couple of experiences to report:

We were told that menu-service alcoholic drinks are NOT included at brunch at California Grill. This contradicts previous reports that a bloody mary or different cocktail was included, but I didn't challenge my server's interpretation because it just didn't matter that much to me. The new welcome cocktail with the blueberry boba balls is really good.

Raglan Road has a new menu, and they've done away with their "all for sharing" classification on the appetizers so the popular choices like Scallop Forest and Dalkey Duo can now be ordered by a single person. And their Bailey's shake is wonderful.

At Cape May brunch, a mimosa was included and was just as delicious as I'd imagined a POG mimosa would be.

Maria & Enzo's is a heck of a value on the dining plan - one credit but added up to almost as much $$$ as our signature meals, and easily one of the best meals we had all trip - and all alcoholic drinks under $15 were included on the plan.

We did break up two meal credits for extra F&G snacks and those snacks were subject to the standard snack-credit rules - I specifically asked because I've seen a few people speculating about it, but once the meal is broken down into snack credits those credits can only be used for snack-eligible items. So by breaking up a meal credit that way, you forfeit the alcohol option.

For the most part servers were very forthcoming and helpful in explaining the alcohol entitlement without asking, and I took advantage at most of the places we ate.

We were told that menu-service alcoholic drinks are NOT included at brunch at California Grill. This contradicts previous reports that a bloody mary or different cocktail was included, but I didn't challenge my server's interpretation because it just didn't matter that much to me. The new welcome cocktail with the blueberry boba balls is really good.

Raglan Road has a new menu, and they've done away with their "all for sharing" classification on the appetizers so the popular choices like Scallop Forest and Dalkey Duo can now be ordered by a single person. And their Bailey's shake is wonderful.

At Cape May brunch, a mimosa was included and was just as delicious as I'd imagined a POG mimosa would be.

Maria & Enzo's is a heck of a value on the dining plan - one credit but added up to almost as much $$$ as our signature meals, and easily one of the best meals we had all trip - and all alcoholic drinks under $15 were included on the plan.

We did break up two meal credits for extra F&G snacks and those snacks were subject to the standard snack-credit rules - I specifically asked because I've seen a few people speculating about it, but once the meal is broken down into snack credits those credits can only be used for snack-eligible items. So by breaking up a meal credit that way, you forfeit the alcohol option.

For the most part servers were very forthcoming and helpful in explaining the alcohol entitlement without asking, and I took advantage at most of the places we ate.
Thanks for the updates! Bummed to hear about the CG brunch (I love me some good Bloody Mary), but appreciate all the nuggets of info!

Thank you so much for your experience. We are going to try the DDP for the first time during our trip in May and were wondering about the F&G credits especially. We are planning to maximize value with the included drinks on other credits and now will consider Maria and Enzo's instead of Morimoto for lunch. Thanks!

We were told that menu-service alcoholic drinks are NOT included at brunch at California Grill.

You're the second person here to report this since they allowed my party to do it on January 22. I'm starting to think I just had a rogue server. That's too bad.

Anyone know if you can use a TS credit for RoL dinning package at Tusker House? If you do the breakfast can you get an alcoholic drink such as a mimosa?

Anyone know if you can use a TS credit for RoL dinning package at Tusker House? If you do the breakfast can you get an alcoholic drink such as a mimosa?
Yes I did this in February. We went for lunch so I don’t know about alcoholic beverages at breakfast, but we were able to get them at lunch.

Has anybody been to Cinderella's Royal Table since the start of the year? We are curious if alcohol is included on the DDP. I know it is included with most sit down but is it treated differently here since the meal is pre-paid and prix fix, regardless whether on the meal plan or not? On the restaurant's website it appears it might be a separate charge for everybody?

I see that they have alcohol listed on the lunch and dinner menus

Just returned from 5 days and used the Deluxe Dining Plan. It is not as restrictive as everyone says we were able to order anything off any menu. At one time someone in our party was able to order to appetizers instead of an entree with no additional fee. Here is a break down of what we experienced.

Via Napoli- 17 year old ordered a specialty drink without a problem.
Ohana- nothing to report
Boathouse- No restrictions ( 17 year ordered virgin mojito to drink) might have a problem in the future. HAHA
Hoop de do- Nothing to report
Akershus- nothing to report
Rainforest Cafe- The ICEE are included. The Lava cake could be used as a shared dessert for all.
Cinderella Royal Table ( breakfast)- Mimosa was included in out dining plan total. We only paid for gratuity
Be Our Guest- nothing to report
Chef Art Homecoming- Free range of specialty and alcoholic drinks. Free Range of entire menu.

We had a great experience on the dining plan. Hope this helps someone!

Back from our short trip...things did eventually get worked out with our plan and we ate at the following restaurants: Splitsville (previously mentioned), Sci Fi Diner, 50s Prime Time, Tusker House, Homecoming, and Crystal Palace. We thought it was funny that we had to ask at each place what specialty beverages were included. Most places were quick to share the non alcoholic specialties and then would say, almost as an afterthought, “alcoholic beverages are included too, but you don’t have the get them” It became comical, because this occurred at almost every meal.

We inquired at Crystal Palace about specialty beverages that may be included and the server said there were none at all. We knew there would be no alcohol there, we were just hoping they would have some sort of slushy, smoothie, or milkshake.

Some other interesting notes: the only place we were given a top dollar amount for the specialty/alcoholic beverages was Splitsville. Also, at each restaurant where my kids ordered Specialty beverages, they were reminded that there are no refills on them. And finally, at Sci Fi, we wanted coffee with our dessert and were charged separately for this (because we ordered Milkshakes as our drinks). In our previous experiences, coffee had been offered with dessert at no additional cost even if we had ordered soft drinks with dinner.

We had a great New Year celebration at the World. I always appreciate so much the tips & tricks I learn here on the Boards, so hopefully sharing our experience will help others get some insights into the dining plan additions!
What was the items that Splitsville allowed you to order?

App, entree, dessert?

What about the alcohol drinks. Did they limit the size or type. Some I see are well over $20.

Thank you.

A few things from our trip last week. Dined at Cali Grill March 18th at 7:30. We only had 6 dining credits left on ddp, so I was going to pay for one child oop. One had the cheese pizza and the other had the chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans. DW had black group with rice. She also had a mock Caesar salad for app. I had California roll for app and miso ramen bowl with lobster and pork belly. I thought the broth had too much dashi in it and not enough miso, but that may be me. I had a California Pinot Noir with dinner and DW had a Moscow Mule. DW also ordered an Italian red dessert wine with her chocolate cake. I had the white chocolate creme brulee with a strawberry coulis and spongecake. It literally is the best dessert I have ever had. At the end of the meal, They told us everything would be thrown in on dining plan or no OOP. I just paid gratuity. Very nice meal with great fireworks. We did a split stay and only had DDP for one night. We used other credits on Ohana first night and two credits for lunch for adults at Skipper Canteen.

Just returned from 5 days and used the Deluxe Dining Plan. It is not as restrictive as everyone says we were able to order anything off any menu. At one time someone in our party was able to order to appetizers instead of an entree with no additional fee. Here is a break down of what we experienced.

Via Napoli- 17 year old ordered a specialty drink without a problem.
Ohana- nothing to report
Boathouse- No restrictions ( 17 year ordered virgin mojito to drink) might have a problem in the future. HAHA
Hoop de do- Nothing to report
Akershus- nothing to report
Rainforest Cafe- The ICEE are included. The Lava cake could be used as a shared dessert for all.
Cinderella Royal Table ( breakfast)- Mimosa was included in out dining plan total. We only paid for gratuity
Be Our Guest- nothing to report
Chef Art Homecoming- Free range of specialty and alcoholic drinks. Free Range of entire menu.

We had a great experience on the dining plan. Hope this helps someone!
I think your 17 yo could be my 17 yo's best friend. Many of her dining question's start with,"Do they have a non- alcoholic...?"

We just returned from a 6 night stay using the Deluxe Dining Plan. At all the following restaurants I advised the server upon arrival that we were using the Deluxe Dining Plan.
Tusker House Breakfast: No alcoholic drinks offered and I did not request one. Excellent food and service.
Boma Dinner: We were offered alcoholic drinks. My husband had a beer and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine. Excellent food and service.
Cape May Cafe Breakfast: I was offered a mimosa and I gladly accepted! Excellent food and service. I was able to have coffee as well as my mimosa.
Sci Fi Diner Lunch: We were offered alcoholic drinks and we both enjoyed a beer. Our kids were able to order milkshakes for their drinks or dessert, but were only allowed to order off the kids menu for their meal. This was a heavy meal.
Ohana Dinner: This was a disaster. I regret booking this meal. I was able to enjoy the Lapu Lapu in a glass and my husband ordered a drink as well. Our server was really flustered and the food did not live up to the hype. It was edible, just not up to my expectations for the price of the meal.
1900 Park Fare Breakfast: No alcoholic drinks offered and I did not request one. Excellent food and service.
Sanaa lunch: We were offered alcoholic drinks. My husband had a beer and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine. Excellent food and service. Kids were able to order off of the kids menu or adult menu.
Garden Grill Breakfast: I was offered a mimosa and of course I accepted. I had coffee as well.
Via Napoli Dinner: We were offered alcoholic drinks. My husband had a beer and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine. Excellent food and service. The pizza was amazing!!
Crystal Palace Breakfast: No alcoholic drinks offered and I did not request one. Excellent food and service.
Jungle Skipper Canteen Lunch: We were offered alcoholic drinks. I enjoyed a sparkling wine and my husband had a beer. Excellent food and service.
Be our Guest Dinner: The service was good. We were offered alcoholic drinks and I had a glass of wine and my husband had a beer. The kids were able to order off of the kids menu or the adult menu. The food was good except for the shrimp and scallop pasta that I ordered which was terrible. I did not eat it. Restaurant was loud and busy.
Boma Breakfast: No alcoholic drinks offered and I did not request one. Excellent food and service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!