New Delta Low Cost Brand

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Does anybody have the scoop on Delta's new low cost brand that supposedly will be announced next week. I've read that it will operate primarily from the northeast to the southeast. Isn't that what Delta Express does now??

:confused:

That DOES sound like Delta Express!

I hadn't heard anything on this at all, but will be very interested.

I'm still waiting for an airfare less than $200 for my trip, and it's less than sixty days away!:eek:

It *IS* Delta Express, kind of anyway. :)

Delta Express is practically a non-existant entity these days. Service is down to 14 cities including 5 in Florida, 6 in the NY/New England area, Washington DC, Columbus OH, and Indianapolis.

The new airline will be renamed and will include most of the remnants of Delta Express as well as several new secondary airports. It will use 180 seat Boeing 757's rather than the 107 seat 737's Delta Express has been using giving them more seating capacity cheaper to compete against Southwest, Jet Blue and the other low-cost airlines flying the Northeast/Southeast corridor.

Complete details and destinations involved will be announced soon.

So what happens to us that are flying Delta Express in April? That won't cause any problem, should it?

Thanks for the news about Delta Express! I always use Delta Express and will be flying with them again this Dec.

I don't think there's anything left in the Midwest. Delta Express ceased operating out of Columbus as of Nov 1, and I believe it has closed or will close in Indianapolis as well. These facts are of course not available on the website (flydlx.com). "Remnants" of Delta Express is precisely the right word!

A rejuvenated (and renamed?) version of Delta Express at Columbus and Indianapolis would be very welcome. We flew on Delta Express last year but this year were forced to fly on America West. Of course if we like it, we may continue to do so.

I heard a piece on the radio on this just this afternoon and thought of this thread!!!!

They said Delta is doing this to compete with low cost airlines like Southwest and they believe the competition they will be giving themselves will be minimal compared to the competition they will be giving their competitors. It sounded like Delta Express wasn't going away, just that they were developing this new brand, and I believe they said it should start flying sometime around March, but I'm not certain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter