New Disney Dining Show is....

I'm happy to see the new show! I was just thinking how I missed the dining reviews on the Tuesday show, as they had become less frequent. Then I hear about an entire show about dining, so I'm happy! I also like how the entire show isn't just the review...I like how they had some recent dining news, etc. Keep it up, I'll keep tuning in!

I did like that Charles mentioned that he likes things with pretty intense seasoning as that is obviously relevant when he is stating something is bland (so it might be bland to him but not to other people). I think those that have watched other dining reviews know a bit about what types of food the team likes (Steve likes basics, Corey likes a large volume - preferably of meat and/or sushi, etc.) - but for new viewers providing a bit more background might be good

STEVE YOU SO BASIC

I enjoyed it and loved how they added in them actually in the restaurant instead of just talking about it. Seeing the atmosphere while discussing the meal is great. I can't wait to see how this plays out in the future. I also like that Pete said that it would be mixed up, TS one week and QS the next. It will provide a great idea of types of food for different tastes.

Also people have to remember that not everyone has the same taste so when watching reviews it should be taken as what it is, a review.

I enjoyed the show. I also think the reviews weren't overly critical and certainly fair. I mean, Pete made sure to point out that he's not a fan of brie or dark chocolate, which should easily tell the viewer that it's an area where personal preference is playing in heavily with his feelings and not strictly a fundamental quality issue. The steak comparison was also good. i.e. for $14 more, you could eat the filet at Jiko. We ate at BOG for dinner back in 2012 right after it opened, and while the charcuterie has changed a bit, some is still the same and many of my feelings back then echo what the guys felt about their meal and the various dining rooms.

Ultimately, I look forward to future shows...both in seeing what they review and who is part of the reviews. Considering the popularity of dining while at WDW, this show is a brilliant idea.

I have absolutely no idea what you are all talking about. Where is this new show? It isn't showing up on my iTunes feed anywhere. Is it video only? If so, I hope they'll add it to the iTunes feed soon.

I have absolutely no idea what you are all talking about. Where is this new show? It isn't showing up on my iTunes feed anywhere. Is it video only? If so, I hope they'll add it to the iTunes feed soon.
They posted on Facebook this morning that they are having issues with the iTunes feed and that this show will be up as soon as the issues are resolved.

I respect their show and opinions, and actually asked one of them if they would consider 4 females to review BOG. I was basically told that unless the food was prepared differently, the reviews would be the same, hmmm...
I actually agree with whomever replied. I watched the new show last night & was struck by how similar my dining experience at BOG was 2 yrs ago. I am a woman and in this situation had the exact same experience and take-a-way. Love the theming. But no love for the rushed dining and mediocre food quality. I now grab a lunch ADR instead. BOG dinner has not lived up to expectations for a long time.

With dining being such a major focus of many visitors to WDW, I think this show is a wonderful idea. Of course since it will primarily be an opinion show, it's pretty much guaranteed to rub some folks the wrong way when opinions don't match with their own. C'est la vie... After watching the first show, I'm definitely looking forward to future episodes.

With dining being such a major focus of many visitors to WDW, I think this show is a wonderful idea.

I agree. I hope though that the focus, at least initially, is on places that aren't overly popular. It's somewhat pointless to feature places like Ohana, BOG, Chef Mickey's etc. since so many people know these places very well already and will be making reservations there no matter what. I'd rather hear more about the less popular resort restaurants such as Olivia's, Turf Club, etc. (even Shutters - which has supposedly made great strides), and some of the new Disney Springs locations.

I believe Charles when he discusses food, can't explain it but other than he seems similar to me in his expectations of a dining experience. I don't trust anyone who's idea of adventure is putting grilled chicken on his mac and cheese. Pete is probably more critical on service than I would be but he knows quality. Craig hates everything except his grumpy cat collection. Somehow they all had the same conclusion I had on our last (and probably last until things improve) meal there. BOG has dropped in quality and service with each visit every year since it first opened. What once was one of the best steaks on property is now closer to buffet beef, and service has gone from four star to two.

I agree with people saying a change of demographic would be nice, but as Pete said they will be rotating. It's more about availability I guess. It would be funny to watch Corey eat a four pound prime rib while Julie keeps looking at her watch, but there's family and real life commitments.

I will say that Pete, Charles, Craig, and Steve are pretty diverse and unique in their food choices and opinions. Craig even went so far as to eat vegetarian. Changing the sex or color of skin doesn't make a group diverse. Not every white man ages 25-55 listens to Sting, reads Playboy, and eats red meat (Ok that's a lie, we all do, it's part of our contract).

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Shutters gone now as part of the construction at CBR? It was in Old Port Royale which was demolished, I thought.
One of Pete's prized possessions kept in his hope chest is a hand drawn cartoon of Shutters being imploded. The caricature style sketch, of which the most prominent feature is the two pieces of the sigh seeming to fly toward the viewer reading 'Shut' and 'ters', was drawn by filmmaker Abigail Disney, granddaughter of Roy O Disney. It is signed and has been values at over $25.

While Pete's hope chest has seamed to work, it is only temporary. Shutters is scheduled to reopen in late 2017-early 2018. I think we can all agree that opening a McDonalds there would be an improvement to what had been there.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Shutters gone now as part of the construction at CBR? It was in Old Port Royale which was demolished, I thought.
I believe you're right, Steve, since I went to Shutters MANY years ago, and it was right in the middle of OPR, which from what I've seen in vlogs, is now totally scrimmed over, and rubble. But I had heard much more positive comments on it in the last 6-8 months or so before that.

Shutters had gotten a new executive chef a couple of years who came fro Disney Cruise Line. From all reports I'd seen, since the new chef came on board the place improved by leaps and bounds.

I do like the idea of a dining review site, my only concern is over time, by recording in the moment and with the rotating team with disney staff catch on and say "pay extra care to this table" because we need good reviews (although it's Disney, I'm sure little ol' Disboards reviews mean nothing to them)

But I'd like to see maybe asking random people who finished eating, or were in line with you waiting to eat if they wouldn't mind giving a testimonial of their meal. That way you get a more true representation of service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!