New Disney Dining Show is....

Tiered system. This would not be difficult at all to implement. This isn't exactly a weighted average algorithm. :)
Who goes mono e mono in Sanaa, Cali Grill, Monsieur Paul, Yachtsman, Tiffins, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Jiko, and of corse V&As?

pick two to go head to head and see the hate posts that follow

I enjoyed the show. Nice to see Craig's hair. First time I've seen Charles (I'm normally audio) and he is NOT how I pictured him!

I thought the format was good, discussion then video then more discussion. Rotating reviewers will be good, they should get Theresa to review All Stars food courts.

Who goes mono e mono in Sanaa, Cali Grill, Monsieur Paul, Yachtsman, Tiffins, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Jiko, and of corse V&As?

pick two to go head to head and see the hate posts that follow

And hate posts don't currently exist with the top 5/worst 5 dining reviews? All this might do is generate more PR. In some scenarios, any PR is good PR.

I understand your concern.

Last edited:

I listen to the DIS because I want to hear what they have to say. I know them and trust their opinions. I don't want to hear from random strangers.

And when I am in the mood for random strangers, YouTube is full of them.

Oliver, who used to work for the DIS, has his own vlog he does and JL is with him often enough. The Tim Tracker is another well-known one though. Heck there is even a youtube channel called DFB (Disney Food Blog).

This!!! ^^^ We've been watching Magical Moments because their daughter is the age my granddaughter will be when we go. You can find just about anything you're looking for, if you just look.

Perhaps a head to head comparison of dining "equivalents"? Set it up as dining location #1 vs. dining location #2.

They've done this a few times with a Disney vs. Universal comparison. The margarita comparison comes to mind.

This!!! ^^^ We've been watching Magical Moments because their daughter is the age my granddaughter will be when we go. You can find just about anything you're looking for, if you just look.
We call it the YouTube black hole. It's really easy to just watch video after video and who knew you could find out all the little random things about x,y,z that you never knew you needed to know about :rotfl2:

They've done this a few times with a Disney vs. Universal comparison. The margarita comparison comes to mind.
Ohhh yeah I liked when they did those shows.

I basically agree with this. I respect their show and opinions, and actually asked one of them if they would consider 4 females to review BOG. I was basically told that unless the food was prepared differently, the reviews would be the same, hmmm...

I definitely see your point on the gender issue. You have Pete, Charles, Steve, Craig, Ryno, & Corey as opposed to Kathy, Julie, and Teresa. I liked when Kathy was in on the dining reviews to give a female perspective. It would be fun with Julie and Teresa too. I'm glad that there isn't a set cast for this show so the ladies can jump in.

Last edited:

I'd love to hear Charles' take on Tony's

Charles: now, I will preface this with that I am the type of person that prefers his food to taste good - but this food at Tony's did not fall into the category of "good" for me. It wasn't that it needed more salt or anything - it is just that it was really, really bad. So, um, not a win for me today

Charles: now, I will preface this with that I am the type of person that prefers his food to taste good - but this food at Tony's did not fall into the category of "good" for me. It wasn't that it needed more salt or anything - it is just that it was really, really bad. So, um, not a win for me today
Perfect! Bravo!! Encore!!! :) :)

I mean it's ok...it needs its own graphics, music, and identity if it wants to stand alone as its own "show" but I thought it was ok.

a fun and welcome addition to the lineup!"

While I thoroughly enjoy the snips we get of Ryno and Criag in the parks and at the resorts doing their own "bits" as reviews, I feel this is a good way to introduce foodies to what WDW has to offer.

Seeing Pete and the others interact with dining CMs, I also hope this will help people understand that you don't have to settle for mediocrity because of the idea of the "magic" of just being at WDW. The food should be comparable to the prices being paid.

Keep up the good work all! Waiting in anticipation for the next show!

I
I would listen to Charles read the phone book. I love how he speaks and explains things

I

I would listen to Charles read the phone book. I love how he speaks and explains things

Same here! He seems super intelligent and very well spoken. I've especially noticed this a few times when the team has touched on more complicated news items (legal, financial) and he says he did some research and then gives the background to highlight the main issues. He relays the important info very clearly and you can tell he's put thought into it.

I also enjoy his dining reviews when the team has tried out a restaurant.

I like the concept very much where they do a live review with video of the meal and then have a discussion later in the studio.

That's close to how most people post reviews--taking notes and pictures, and then write about their experience later. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter