New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Good point and I thought about that, but gauging it against Thanksgiving, I think it's still a pretty fair assessment. All Easter trips right now are on the 11 month window also. Something else that can't be ignored.

Which may lead to those 2020 ticket sales to show up much earlier than we think!

I really think Disney did what they did because they had no real idea who would actually come! I think attendance is showing to be way down

Just got off the phone with ms and bought extensions to our gold ap. Linked them to our accounts and went to get the rest of the park passes I needed and now see the no parks available message. Glad I just spent $1300 to extend the passes.

Ralph

Which may lead to those 2020 ticket sales to show up much earlier than we think!

I really think Disney did what they did because they had no real idea who would actually come! I think attendance is showing to be way down

And that was my point. I think you're exactly right.

Just got off the phone with ms and bought extensions to our gold ap. Linked them to our accounts and went to get the rest of the park passes I needed and now see the no parks available message. Glad I just spent $1300 to extend the passes.

Ralph

That's actually interesting. I thought they had suspended renewals as well.

I think the availability after over 24 hours, even despite the glitches; is telling us a ton about the overall state of things. If somebody had told me yesterday morning that I would be able to even book anything for Thanksgiving or next Easter 24 hours later, I would have probably laughed in their face.

My guess is that park-hopping is going to open sooner rather than later. Maybe even quicker than any of us think, especially for people that already have a reservation and are already in the parks.

I was more or less (not really) laughed at when I suggest that it wasn't going to book up as fast as most here were thinking. This was never going to be like booking CRT or Ohana. I do not take any of this existing availability to indicate anything opening faster, just that the fear was much greater than it needed to be if you weren't going relatively soon.

Ralph
There is a glitch in the system (surprised?)
If it shows no dates available for any park on a certain date, go to a different date, and then back to the original date. Once I had to do this three or four times, but eventually the parks show as available.
The only other issue, could be that since some guests on that room reservation have park reservations, you would need to cancel those to add a larger party to that day for that same room reservation. Risky, but maybe worth a try since park availability is currently wide open.
The park availability website.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...mp=ILC-AdmissionCalendar_TicketConfigCalendar
Shows availability at every day until Sept 2021 if you click on the resort guest button at the top.
Note: I could not get the calendar to work in Edge, but it did work for me using Chrome and Firefox

Last edited:
UPDATE: Success on our "No Park Available" Booking Issue!! Yes I said SUCCESS!! This may work for you.

Reading some other forum members discussing what CM had to do to get their MDE to work, I decided to try modifying our non-activated DVC AP Voucher status myself. Both DW and I have non-activated DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 in our individual MDE's. Earlier today I created DW's own MDE trying to fix this issue, which didn’t yet solve the problem. At least DW is slowly moving up the tech ladder even though I am pulling all the strings behind the curtain.

First I tried to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE, but it wouldn't let me because it said I had Fast Pass + Reservations linked to it. Strange, but I went in and cancelled my one and only Park Pass, which I guess MDE sees as a FP+ assignment. Then and only then was I able to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE. So far so good.

Then I went and experimented with booking lots of Park Passes. It worked! Then I went into DW’s MDE, and tried to transfer the non-activated AP Vouchers to my MDE. But again I was blocked since I now had Park Passes (ergo FP+ assignments). What to do, what to do? I needed to get both non-activated AP Vouchers off of our MDE’s somehow in order to proceed with both of us getting Park Passes.

Thought about ‘Reassigning’ the DVC Vouchers to one of my daughters. But as we all know, Family and DVC doesn’t always mix well! Vaguely remembered someone on a forum had said they created a dummy MDE account to move tickets to for future assignment. I used an old Apple@me.com email to create the dummy MDE account. I always wanted a son, and now I have a ‘Tommy Jr.’ dummy MDE account with a Jack-Jack Avatar! Our non-activated DVC AP Vouchers successfully ‘Reassigned’ to the dummy account, and they still show that I can ‘Reassign’ them back to us when needed.

Then I was able to easily book 15 Park Day Passes for our Oct, Dec and Jan trips using our existing DVC Platinum AP valid thru 2/7/21. For our March trip, I was only able to book 4 of the 5 days as the reservation system looked at our remaining 4 NE tickets. Our 1 month bonus ‘Pixie Dust’ AP extension promised by Disney won’t occur until the end of Oct, so then I can book the final 25th Park Day when our AP’s are extended to 3/9/21.

I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry! So if you’re in a similar situation with vouchers or tickets which can be ‘Reassigned’, you might want to try this trick. Otherwise you’ll have to hope WDW IT will fix this soon, and/or get thru to a CM who will create a ‘Holding Account’ for your vouchers/tickets and hope everything is recoverable. Good luck to you all.

UPDATE: Success on our "No Park Available" Booking Issue!! Yes I said SUCCESS!! This may work for you.

Reading some other forum members discussing what CM had to do to get their MDE to work, I decided to try modifying our non-activated DVC AP Voucher status myself. Both DW and I have non-activated DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 in our individual MDE's. Earlier today I created DW's own MDE trying to fix this issue, which didn’t yet solve the problem. At least DW is slowly moving up the tech ladder even though I am pulling all the strings behind the curtain.

First I tried to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE, but it wouldn't let me because it said I had Fast Pass + Reservations linked to it. Strange, but I went in and cancelled my one and only Park Pass, which I guess MDE sees as a FP+ assignment. Then and only then was I able to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE. So far so good.

Then I went and experimented with booking lots of Park Passes. It worked! Then I went into DW’s MDE, and tried to transfer the non-activated AP Vouchers to my MDE. But again I was blocked since I now had Park Passes (ergo FP+ assignments). What to do, what to do? I needed to get both non-activated AP Vouchers off of our MDE’s somehow in order to proceed with both of us getting Park Passes.

Thought about ‘Reassigning’ the DVC Vouchers to one of my daughters. But as we all know, Family and DVC doesn’t always mix well! Vaguely remembered someone on a forum had said they created a dummy MDE account to move tickets to for future assignment. I used an old Apple@me.com email to create the dummy MDE account. I always wanted a son, and now I have a ‘Tommy Jr.’ dummy MDE account with a Jack-Jack Avatar! Our non-activated DVC AP Vouchers successfully ‘Reassigned’ to the dummy account, and they still show that I can ‘Reassign’ them back to us when needed.

Then I was able to easily book 15 Park Day Passes for our Oct, Dec and Jan trips using our existing DVC Platinum AP valid thru 2/7/21. For our March trip, I was only able to book 4 of the 5 days as the reservation system looked at our remaining 4 NE tickets. Our 1 month bonus ‘Pixie Dust’ AP extension promised by Disney won’t occur until the end of Oct, so then I can book the final 25th Park Day when our AP’s are extended to 3/9/21.

I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry! So if you’re in a similar situation with vouchers or tickets which can be ‘Reassigned’, you might want to try this trick. Otherwise you’ll have to hope WDW IT will fix this soon, and/or get thru to a CM who will create a ‘Holding Account’ for your vouchers/tickets and hope everything is recoverable. Good luck to you all.
WOW I will give that a try. Thanks

Ralph

Ralph
Do you have a resort reservation linked?

I think they may have fixed the glitch, I was just able to book all of my days. Good luck everyone. pooh:

I finally got through on the phone AND with someone on the chat. I was talking to two people at once. My issue was that I had two reservations for the same dates. (Waiting to see where everyone in my group was staying.) That made the system very unhappy. So the person on the phone cancelled one reservation while the other set up my park passes. What an ordeal. But it is done! Hope everyone else has success and gets some sleep tonight.

I finally got through on the phone AND with someone on the chat. I was talking to two people at once. My issue was that I had two reservations for the same dates. (Waiting to see where everyone in my group was staying.) That made the system very unhappy. So the person on the phone cancelled one reservation while the other set up my park passes. What an ordeal. But it is done! Hope everyone else has success and gets some sleep tonight.
I had success with overlapping dates on Monday. I had 1 night cash and 1 night DVC which overlapped. I'll be shortening my cash stay since DVC availability improved.

Ralph
When did your AP's expire? Were they already expired? I'm hoping they will let me buy my renewals tomorrow but I doubt it since my pass expires the end of October. So frustrating!
It was no problem that you couldn't renew your AP until 60 days out but that rule doesn't work anymore if you need to make reservations thru September of 2021! Our AP'S will now expire right before our Thanksgiving trip (actually they should be active for our Thanksgiving trip because they are giving the extra month ..but it's useless since we won't get the extra month until October! What the heck is that about!!

So I tried again today and was able to get all my additional park reservations without having to do anything special. Unfortunately, I tried to add an additional resort reservation to MDE and It now thinks the person who made the reservation is not me (previously it would allow you to match the reservation and now it won't do that). I'm happy for now and hope this too will be resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter