New Disney Theme Park reservation system

I just tried for the first time today to get park reservations. It took about 30 minutes for the system to begin working correctly, once I was past that hiccup it went very smoothly and I was able to get 14 days of park reservations. I hope when January rolls around I will be happy with the parks I picked but at least I have something and who knows how things will be by then.

I hope others trying get what they need.

So I tried again today and was able to get all my additional park reservations without having to do anything special. Unfortunately, I tried to add an additional resort reservation to MDE and It now thinks the person who made the reservation is not me (previously it would allow you to match the reservation and now it won't do that). I'm happy for now and hope this too will be resolved.

If you tried adding the hotel reservation using the app, try on a laptop browser. If you tried via browser, try on the app.

I had that issue when adding on the app, as soon as I tried on a browser it worked fine.

This morning I was able to book all of my park passes for October, December and May 2021. A total of 18 days. Yesterday I called member services and bought extensions for my gold annual passes and linked them to the pass holders. Yesterday I could not see any availability at any park. I was set to call the help line this morning and was on hold with them. Then I tried to make the reservations and it went through without any problems. Thanks to anyone who who posted things which helped us all get through this.

RalphRR

I’m guessing AP’s open on Friday you will see lots of days at DHS start to disappear. It will start in the closest days. Folks won’t waste those 3 days in oct and Nov. They will grab 3 days ASAP. Weekends will go quick. In general if everyday is booked full, then weekends are no busier than weekdays. And as each day is used, you grab another.

I’m guessing AP’s open on Friday you will see lots of days at DHS start to disappear. It will start in the closest days. Folks won’t waste those 3 days in oct and Nov. They will grab 3 days ASAP. Weekends will go quick. In general if everyday is booked full, then weekends are no busier than weekdays. And as each day is used, you grab another.
Not me. I’m grabbing Epcot F&W in Oct.... if I can get it.

Anyone besides me find it satirically amusing that Disney is claiming that there were no glitches in the Park Pass system, and it was all because us 'lowlifes' tried to make reservations when we were not yet eligible? :rainbow: Why is it so hard to just admit there were some issues in a brand new never before used system which are being addressed as fast as possible. Poor PR for Disney with their deflection claims.

Anyone besides me find it satirically amusing that Disney is claiming that there were no glitches in the Park Pass system, and it was all because us 'lowlifes' tried to make reservations when we were not yet eligible? :rainbow: Why is it so hard to just admit there were some issues in a brand new never before used system which are being addressed as fast as possible. Poor PR for Disney with their deflection claims.
I was thinking this exact samr thing when I heard this BS yesterday. I love how they implied it was total user error.

Not me. I’m grabbing Epcot F&W in Oct.... if I can get it.
Our trip end of Sept will be the first time my youngest adult DS has a chance to see Star Wars land.

Dates at end of month, tuesday & wednesday. I decided to book MGM both days. Going to hope I may be able to switch out the wednesday to Epcot if we get lucky on Tuesday & he rides.

Was able to easily cancel & switch many reservations around yesterday for several different reservations thru the end of the year.

Just wish you could hold onto the existing one while search for availability for a replacement. Wonder if you could call once system is established & have them check/change for you?

As of right now, there are no Saturday and Sunday at DHS through 8/15. MK is gone on some weekends too. DHS is almost totally gone the first 2 weeks. If you have an AP, get your days. It appears they have separated the onsite vs AP capacity. There are still resort guest days available on the days that AP spots are gone.

There are still resort guest days available on the days that AP spots are gone.
As an APH who often stays offsite when I’m out of DVC point, am sorry to hear that AP spots are disappearing so quickly.

If anyone cares, I made three Epcot reservations last night during F&W. All on Saturdays (3 consecutive Saturdays in October, including Halloween), and got my first choice without issue.
I would think October Saturdays during F&W would be harder to get, but apparently not.

Anyone know off hand if you can use a park pass and then(if available) book another park later that day?

Anyone know off hand if you can use a park pass and then(if available) book another park later that day?
You cannot. Once you enter the park, your reservation disappears from your MDE account. If you try to add another park for the same day, it prompts a message informing you that you already have a park reservation for the day. I'm a little late to the party with the response... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter