New DVC- AP

parqueen

Funtimer
Are you able to buy AP when you purchase DVC now. I know they stopped buying new AP.

The suspension of selling new APs is only temporary due to the current ongoing pandemic.

I have to tell my son in law before he invests.

So they are not selling APs at all it has nothing to do with DVC. All documentation outlines that AP discounts are still part of DVC benefits for Direct Purchases of 100+ points (125+ starting mid Sept or Oct 1 likely).

I would fully expect AP discounts to be back in place as soon as Disney starts actually selling APs again.

Can’t make park reservations until kids get AP for New DVC owners. Going end of November at Riviera

Can’t make park reservations until kids get AP for New DVC owners. Going end of November at Riviera

If you are going no matter what then buy them tickets. If AP are being sold (no guarantee in 2020) you can upgrade your tickets. The only reason to wait for November is if you would actually cancel the trip.

I am waiting on March at this point because I still have like 6 months but will buy in January if we don't have an option for AP by then.

If you are going no matter what then buy them tickets. If AP are being sold (no guarantee in 2020) you can upgrade your tickets. The only reason to wait for November is if you would actually cancel the trip.

I am waiting on March at this point because I still have like 6 months but will buy in January if we don't have an option for AP by then.
You can still buy the tickets now even if you cancel the trip as long as you're going to use them in the future. Worst case you'll pay a few bucks for the price difference later on (which is what you'd have spent anyway.)

Right now Disney is losing money by not selling AP’s. Apparently Chapek has forgotten how AP holders kept WDW a float during the last recession. AP holders make up around 20% of the guests at WDW on a regular year, DL is about 80% Passholdes. But when guests stop traveling due to a pandemic, people cannot come from overseas, from other states due to quarantine rules, that number increases. Disney has stated that demand was less than they expected. No it was there, you just excluded them. You limited AP holders. Yes I understand you want cash in hand from people buying tickets. AP holders buy all kinds of food and merchandise. It appears after a couple months of seeing low park capacity, they have increased AP admittance. Shareholders of Disney stock should be upset by upper level management. This is what happens when you put someone in charge that continues to make bad decisions after another. If WDW allowed capacity of 30% and had reservations for 18%, why didn’t they a week or a day or two ahead open up more spots for AP holders to spend money? You have people waiting to give you $400, $700 and $1,000+ and your like nah, go buy tickets. Well guess what, those people can go other places with their money. I hear Universal is selling AP’s and is taking care of their AP holders. Well maybe it’s time for a Universal AP. Just sayin.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter