New, Excited and Totally Lost!!

stephh1018

Earning My Ears
I don’t know why I never knew about this forum but thank goodness I found it when I did! My hubby and I just signed a contract for 100 points at Poly (totally out of the blue!) and it went off to ROFR this morning! I have been digging through forums all night playing catch up! I am SO excited to finally be a DVC member and seeing that it takes 50-80 days is KILLING me!! How do you handle that wait time on your first buy!! 😳
I am a little nervous about my amount of points seeing it doesn’t get me very far at poly but i just couldn’t pass up the chance to get it as home resort! Did i make the right choice?! Should I have just done more points at SSR?! 2nd guessing a little because it all happened so fast!

I think picking the resort you actually want to stay at is always best. You get that 11-month window to book so if you go during holidays or high crowd times, you will have an advantage. Best of luck to you! :-)

I think you made a good choice at Poly ( I love the location and theme ). Get the 1st contract down and then decide if you need more points. One piece of advise I have picked up is if you think you'll be inclined to merge the points for a longer stay it's best to get same year use. Or at least the easiest. Happy shopping and good luck with ROFR. We're still shopping for our 1st and just haven't found the right thing yet.

Your question is totally dependent on where you purchased from. Back in 2007 (?) my wife and I bought 400 points from an independent seller (well known, but I don't want to advertise). I think they cost around $25,000. We bought at Saratoga with no intent to stay there... we wanted to one Christmas maybe bring the family to the Treehouses, but at that time, we were able to stay club level on our points at many deluxe resorts... I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore unless you buy direct, but even then, they may have taken away club level.

We never stayed in a DVC property, per se. We enjoy housekeeping and turndown service. But at the time, it was a good value for us. We no longer own... we had to quickly relocate for job reasons and needed a quick infusion of cash.

Overall, it was good for us back then, but we don't see the value in it now. That being said, congratulations on your purchase, I'm happy for your enthusiasm and excitement, and always remember, you can rent those points out to recoup some of your costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter