New express transportation from park to park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on onsite guest, AK has PM EMH, I am leaving another park, so what time would is the latest time to leave HS on the express bus? I know that the express bus doesn't include EMH so I am wondering what time I would need to be at express bus to go to AK for PM EMH. Regular closing hours for AK or 10, HS 9:30.
The schedule is covered in depth in the first post here and there are a lot more details about the service in general in this thread. You'd need to time it to leave HS close to 9:30, either the bus just before or after that, whichever fits the HS to AK schedule
https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...ay-or-29-week-schedule-page-1-post-1.3563694/

We have a lunch reservation (11am) at 50's PTC but our plan is to spend the rest of the day at Epcot. Would it be easier/quicker to take the express transportation from the Studios to Epcot vs. the boat to the IG? We don't care if we enter Epcot via WS or IG...I'm just looking to keep it simple. If this would be faster too, then this is what we will do.

I am on onsite guest, AK has PM EMH, I am leaving another park, so what time would is the latest time to leave HS on the express bus? I know that the express bus doesn't include EMH so I am wondering what time I would need to be at express bus to go to AK for PM EMH. Regular closing hours for AK or 10, HS 9:30.
The bus from DHS to AK leaves at 10 past and 40 past the hour. So, I would plan on leaving DHS by 9:10. That means you need to be over at the Express bus stop by 9, no later. I can't say, with any comfort, if the bus will be running at 9:40.

We have a lunch reservation (11am) at 50's PTC but our plan is to spend the rest of the day at Epcot. Would it be easier/quicker to take the express transportation from the Studios to Epcot vs. the boat to the IG? We don't care if we enter Epcot via WS or IG...I'm just looking to keep it simple. If this would be faster too, then this is what we will do.
Up to you. If you have already paid for the Express bus, and have no issues getting to the stop per their schedule, then use the bus. But, if you haven't paid for it already, I would just walk or boat over to the Intl Gateway. Bag check/security isn't bad there.

We tend to stay as late as possible at the parks. We might go to Ak first thing in the morning, MK for the afternoon, and then hit up Epcot until close at 10 or so. The service sounds perfect for us since we love to park-hop, but... if we stay at the park that's open latest until it closes, how do we get back to our car at the first park, which would in many cases have closed and hour or two prior? Do busses still run to those parks, or would we be setting ourselves up to be stranded at the last park?

Well it seems good things must come to an end. wdwinfo.com is reporting Walt Disney World Eliminates Express Transportation Service

"Walt Disney World has announced the end to its Express Transportation service add-on.
For a separate fee, the service offered transportation between the theme parks that bypassed long bus lines and repeated bag check lines.
The last day to purchase Express Transportation is August 16th. For guests that purchase a multi-day ticket, the service will operate through August 23rd."

I used it earlier in the year and it worked out great saved time traveling between parks.

Well it seems good things must come to an end. wdwinfo.com is reporting Walt Disney World Eliminates Express Transportation Service

"Walt Disney World has announced the end to its Express Transportation service add-on.
For a separate fee, the service offered transportation between the theme parks that bypassed long bus lines and repeated bag check lines.
The last day to purchase Express Transportation is August 16th. For guests that purchase a multi-day ticket, the service will operate through August 23rd."

I used it earlier in the year and it worked out great saved time traveling between parks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO SAD. i never got to use this and was DREAMING about it for my september trip :(

While I loved the Express Transportation, Disney didn't go out of it's way to advertise it...not sure why. It's amazing how many people had no idea it even existed. I overheard one family talking about it, as they walked by the entrance area, in Epcot. They were saying that it would be nice if Disney offered that to everyone, rather than special, VIP, guests..that they would pay for that kind of service. I excused myself, for interrupting, and told them that it is available to anyone, for a fee. The man looked at me, and said 'Yeah, I can only imagine the cost'. I told him, he shook his head, saying 'Everyone's an expert.' and walked away. I didn't feel the need to go after him.
But, all the times I used the Express bus, there were seldom more than 5 or 6 guests on it. I'm not sure what Disney's objective was, putting this service out there, for such a short time. It's almost as if they wanted it to fail. No advertising, nothing being said about it. It truly was the best kept secret on-site!!! Some have said the MinnieVans will replace the buses. Nope, I don't think so, not unless they're willing to go backstage and drop you off. Being able to bypass security and the main gates was the biggest plus for most of us.

Some have said the MinnieVans will replace the buses. Nope, I don't think so, not unless they're willing to go backstage and drop you off. Being able to bypass security and the main gates was the biggest plus for most of us.

I wonder if that is the plan. $20 a ride, from back stage to back stage on demand. For families, the math may work out, if you hopped a only few days, once a day.

In May, we paid $150 for us and DS's family, we used the service maybe 4 or 5 times.

Of course, will they have the rain issue?

As usual, I agree with everything @goofy4tink said. We used the Express Transportation on three trips and absolutely LOVED it. Saved us so much time and we were able to do so much more. We always park hop and we gained at least an hour of time at the parks each day. Often it was only me and DD on the bus. They could have advertised it and done so much more with it. I will miss this service.

I wonder if that is the plan. $20 a ride, from back stage to back stage on demand. For families, the math may work out, if you hopped a only few days, once a day.

In May, we paid $150 for us and DS's family, we used the service maybe 4 or 5 times.

Of course, will they have the rain issue?
If that were to be the case, the drivers would have to have scanners to make sure you have park hopper passes. The cost, for a family of four, hopping just once a day, would be about the same.

If that were to be the case, the drivers would have to have scanners to make sure you have park hopper passes. The cost, for a family of four, hopping just once a day, would be about the same.
No reason the drivers can't have the same scanners the GS CM that were at the checkpoints had. They are Disney CM. Wouldn't take much to train them on how to use the scanners, if they don't know already.

No reason the drivers can't have the same scanners the GS CM that were at the checkpoints had. They are Disney CM. Wouldn't take much to train them on how to use the scanners, if they don't know already.
I agree. My only issue is that for just one or two people, it sure isn't cost effective!!!

I agree. My only issue is that for just one or two people, it sure isn't cost effective!!!
No, but they do have thousands of those devices. And can probably even use others too, I bet the smaller ones can read for tickets. Or could be programmed to.
And it doesn't solve the rain/weather issue. But, at least it would solve their selling the service, scheduling the drivers/staff and people not being able to use it. If it was on demand it would work. Just not allow them to go if weather wasn't cooperating.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO SAD. i never got to use this and was DREAMING about it for my september trip :(
The 8/23 express trans. end date is literally a day before our arrival. I think right before @AngiTN b-day trip too. We're currently scrambling to change our 3-a-day park hopping, not really messing with our FPs just because we don't feel like it. But trying to get down to 2-a-day PH. At least we're finding out a little before our trip and not right when we get there, and I suppose saving a little bit of $ for a nice dinner or two.

The 8/23 express trans. end date is literally a day before our arrival. I think right before @AngiTN b-day trip too. We're currently scrambling to change our 3-a-day park hopping, not really messing with our FPs just because we don't feel like it. But trying to get down to 2-a-day PH. At least we're finding out a little before our trip and not right when we get there, and I suppose saving a little bit of $ for a nice dinner or two.
Yeah, we are not altering plans much either. We are going to probably just have to resign ourselves to walking a bit more and maybe paying a local Uber/Lyft driver instead of Disney. So in the end, that will be good I think. Give some money to someone local instead of Disney. Probably won't cost us much more in the end, some of the times we can make do with the regular bus. When we can't, Uber/Lyft will do. Only our feet will pay the price with having to walk further. Won't kill us I suppose

As usual, I agree with everything @goofy4tink said. We used the Express Transportation on three trips and absolutely LOVED it. Saved us so much time and we were able to do so much more. We always park hop and we gained at least an hour of time at the parks each day. Often it was only me and DD on the bus. They could have advertised it and done so much more with it. I will miss this service.

Go green! We'll be wearing our green and white on next week's trip:).

We're somewhat lucky that we didn't fully commit to counting on Express Trans. by booking only 1-2 FPs per day, thinking we could express over to 2nd park and split the initial 3 FP's between 2 parks. But we have some scrambling to do with changing some plans around.

Wife was saying last night how's it's funny how sometimes expectations aren't met. Her example was that everyone was sure, based on history, that late Aug. AK hours would have been expanded by now. All we got were a couple of days next week of MK going to 10pm. At least we'll have more sleep.

Yeah, we are not altering plans much either. We are going to probably just have to resign ourselves to walking a bit more and maybe paying a local Uber/Lyft driver instead of Disney. So in the end, that will be good I think. Give some money to someone local instead of Disney. Probably won't cost us much more in the end, some of the times we can make do with the regular bus. When we can't, Uber/Lyft will do. Only our feet will pay the price with having to walk further. Won't kill us I suppose

We didn't plan at all on the service as far as timing. I'm sure some did......, FP at MK, 9 -12, hop , Nemo show at 1, 4 th FP for everest, Lion King at 3, hop, dinner at Epcot at 5.

For us it's was just the steps. Do we really want to walk from lunch at MK to the gate, bus, gate, to avatar land just for a FP? Nope.....Take a bus from deep in the park, to deep in the park, yes.

We will most likely just go back to the morning park, resort break, evening park method again.

A bit disappointed they are discontinuing it, was looking forward to using it at Hollywood Studios to Epcot. Oh well, I guess its not like we were going to be going to MK or AK. Just a boat ride. What's it been like going thru the International Gateway lately with increased security say just before lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter