New here and ???'s

Daydreamer64

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm new here and very excited :bounce: to get to stay on site and vacation at USO and IOA. We had our first visit to the parks last summer. We stayed off site- it was too hard.

This year's trip is my Father's big retirement trip with the Grandkids and Daughter ( me :) ) and HIS first time at the parks. I want to show him a good time so I booked on site- he's a 70 year old thrill ride seeking senior- who, by the way, just rode his FIRST roller coaster at WDW in 2000 and LOVED it!!! I told him Space Mountain was like the Peter Pan ride at MK :smooth: and tricked him into riding it--- he got off punched me in the arm, told me pay backs were fun and I better be looking over my shoulder for a while.....then he shocked me when he suggested that we ride it again- he did all the roller coasters/thrill rides that trip and is really excited about USO. ) He will need to have some down time during the hottest part of the day- what better way then to stay on site -anyhow- I've got some questions? TIA for helping us to plan a great trip--- :wave2:

1.) We are blue loew's card members- I signed up for this card last month- it still hasn't come in the mail yet. Does it usually take this long for the card to arrive? :(

2.) We are staying at the RPH for the first time. We will arrive around 8:30 a.m. June 22, 2004- :wave: we have booked a standard room - I would love to stay at club level- what are our chances of getting upgraded to club ?

3.) and if we are standard and there are club rooms available then how much should the upgrade to club be per night with the Loew's card?

4.) What are the benefits to staying on the club level? :hyper:

Last but not least-...

5.) Can I just carry the FOTL passes and hand them to the employee ? or does each of my kids have to hand theirs in as they enter the line? I know that the heat :sunny: is terrible in Fla. in the summer and I just don't see them (8 & 10) or Grandpa wanting to wear a lanyard holding the pass around their hot sticky necks - I'm afraid they will lose the passes.- Could I put all 4 of the passes on one lanyard to carry or do they have to be individually handed over- does that make sense? :crazy:

Thanks again for any info given-

It took months for me to get my card. I have never received my gold card although I have qualified a long time ago. As long as you have your Loewsfirst number, that is enough.

Chances aren't that good for upgrade to club. But you can always ask nicely. Club offers a continental style breakfast, snacks and a few finger foods at dinner. There are also drinks of course throughout the day.

The FOTL passes are scanned by the ride operator. One person can hand them all and they will be scanned.

THANKS to DAMO! I don't have my heart set on club just thought it might add some convience to the trip to have snacks and breakfast at the hotel. Glad to hear about the passes. :cool:

On our first trip we were blue level also, and had heard that the upgrade to club level was $35.00 a night.......... so, we thought, wow what a deal........... let's ask for it at check-in........... BUT not only was it NOT $35.00, it was not avail. , so if you want it, I'd go ahead and book it.......... and not take the chance of not getting it! As far as the fotl......... each person who is staying at the RP with you, gets a room key, each one has that individuals name & age printed on the key. You do have to show each card for fotl....... ( as they often will scan the cards, not just look at them) if you all plan on staying together, then yes you can hold all the cards......... the lanyards worked great for us though, but we did split up during the day..............

Thanks Wendypooh-
I am so excited- I can hardly wait to go. We will not be splitting up- Dad can't find his way out of a bread box- he's very smart just not directionally gifted :crazy: .

My Dad has always been a very hard worker but all of his life there have been big tragedies that took all of his money away
:( . He nursed my Mom who was very sick at home for over 10 years and not once did he go out or go anywhere as she couldn't go with him. After she died we told him we needed help with the boys on our vacation trip so would he please go with us and help us out and sit for us- ::yes:: otherwise he couldn't have gone to WDW in 2000. He was so depressed and I know in my heart that the trip to WDW was the turning point for him- he started to accompany us on other outtings after that :). I felt such joy as seeing the smile on his face when he got off of SM after I tricked him into trying it. That was probably the first real smile I had seen on his face in a very long time. I am looking forward to taking him on all the rides at USO & IOA this summer. Money comes and goes but happy memories are very much needed for him as memories of my Mom hurt him deeply -

So anyway, thanks for the info- I found small clips like the mountain climbers wear to put the passes on so I can just snap them on or off of my lanyard at the rides- easy on and easy off in case they need to be handed in seperately.

It feels like it's taking forever for June 21 to get here.
:teeth:

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful vacation. My elderly parents love Universal Studios.

Daydreamer.............. that is so nice. My heart goes out to your family. I'm so glad you get to spend the time together. We live in another state from my parents, and that's tough......... but last aug. we went to us/ioa together, and they had a ball with the kids........... it was great!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful time!!!!:D

I'm determined that we are going to have a good time- I'm a BIG planner- right down to the time we should arrive at the parks, lunch breaks, and so on...- ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter