New Immersive Star Wars Experience Coming to Disney Springs in Florida

I thought it was cool that he could use it against a light saber but I will say it's kinda useless outside of that purpose (and given there's not a lot of saber wielders around anymore....)

I'm not sure their thought process, but vibroblades are a well-established thing in the EU. They can stand up to a lightsaber. This looks like a vibrobaton. I'm not all that sure why their bringing it on this particular mission. It would be a non-lethal crowd control option with the side benefit of being able to parry lightsabers and vibroblades. Still, there's nothing like "a good blaster at your side." But it's a movie, you can invent your own reason why he's got it.

I wonder if there is any chance of a quiet opening a few days early if it's ready to go?

I also just purchased my tickets. I am super stoked about this. My expectations are not that high because the price point is very reasonable ($29). Tickets are sold on the Void website. Disney ticketing had limited knowledge, but confirmed that it is the real. Based on info that you good folks provided on this thread -- Disney ticketing now has accurate info. This has the same vibe to it as the Frozen package that Disney cobbled together in the summer of 2014. It included special seating for the parade in HS, a special presentation with Elsa and Anna and a dessert party also at HS.
I am happy because I got the date I wanted (a Saturday in February. There are enough Star Wars fanatics that I think this will sell out.

Any idea how long experiences from The Void tend to last? ( For anyone who might have done Ghostbusters, for example )

I assume they are not wheelchair accessible.

Has anyone found a promo code that works for this experience? I was a little bummed no AP discount but I'm always looking for a deal :) TIA
ETA: **the Star Wars immersive experience in DS. Sorry I didn't clarify !

Has anyone found a promo code that works for this experience? I was a little bummed no AP discount but I'm always looking for a deal :) TIA
ETA: **the Star Wars immersive experience in DS. Sorry I didn't clarify !
No I don't think there would be one. It's $30 which I don't find that terrible. Its run by an outside company so that is why there are no AP discounts.

You think there's any chance of a walk-in soft opening the week before it opens?

I'll be at DS Dec. 8th & 9th.

No I don't think there would be one. It's $30 which I don't find that terrible. Its run by an outside company so that is why there are no AP discounts.
I totally agree that the $30 pricetag is great, DH hates "fees" so I was just double checking to make sure I didn't miss something that could offset the $9 fee :rotfl: I figure if we've made it this far he's not going to care but ALWAYS worth an ask! Thanks Ryan

I totally agree that the $30 pricetag is great, DH hates "fees" so I was just double checking to make sure I didn't miss something that could offset the $9 fee :rotfl: I figure if we've made it this far he's not going to care but ALWAYS worth an ask! Thanks Ryan
Yeah extra fees suck but it didn’t stop me from buying a ticket. ;)

Yeah extra fees suck but it didn’t stop me from buying a ticket. ;)
Right?! Our main downside is that we can't both go together, since we have 5 kids ages 2-12 at that point, sooo most of us are sitting out. Just have to plan more trips, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!