New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
From Central New Jersey, Monmouth County.
We own at Saratoga Springs, Beach Club, and Bay Lake Tower

We have been at WDW for two weeks now. We have had a great time. Today we leave for Vero Beach Resort, this will be our first visit there. I hope we have some warm weather so we can enjoy the pool and beach. pixiedust:

We have been at WDW for two weeks now. We have had a great time. Today we leave for Vero Beach Resort, this will be our first visit there. I hope we have some warm weather so we can enjoy the pool and beach. pixiedust:

So happy you are enjoying your trip!!! Please post some pictures for us so we can live vicariously though you for a little bit!!! 😉

Good morning. For those of you with more than one DVC resort, do you typically have the same use year for all of them? I'm thinking about putting in my first add-on offer but it's a different use year than I have via my direct purchase. It wouldn't be a problem from the standpoint of when we typically travel, but I'm just not sure how managing the points via the DVC website will work and whether it will be a hassle. Thanks for any info in advance - as always, I greatly appreciate your help since I'm still a newbie with all of this.

Good morning. For those of you with more than one DVC resort, do you typically have the same use year for all of them? I'm thinking about putting in my first add-on offer but it's a different use year than I have via my direct purchase. It wouldn't be a problem from the standpoint of when we typically travel, but I'm just not sure how managing the points via the DVC website will work and whether it will be a hassle. Thanks for any info in advance - as always, I greatly appreciate your help since I'm still a newbie with all of this.

Our first two contracts are the same Use Year. We then wanted more points, and tried four times to purchase SAP’s at SSR, with the same UY, (with Disney ROFR’ing each time). After that, we got fed up and just picked a contract with the amount of points that we really wanted, but with a different use year... and of course, that one went through! 🙄 We just booked our first summer trip with two different use years, and I must say, it did make things interesting! Especially when I needed some points from that contract! It’s not impossible, but definitely not as convenient as having everything all under one contract number! Even when you get your dues statement, I now get a separate statement for the SSR points, whereas the other two come on one statement. I lucked out in the end, however, because this contract was better than any of the others I had made offers on, (fully loaded with more points than we originally started making offers on), but It definitely would have been easier if they were all under one Use year.

As far as managing points, there will be a little drop-down box where you can select which contract you want to take points from. It is very easy on the website, it’s just when you need points from a different contract to book, that’s where the headache comes in. I have to admit, member services, as well as this site, helped a lot! If you give me a few minutes, I can take a screenshot of the member page with different you see her so you can see what I am talking about. I hope I helped a little bit!

ETA: Member Dashboard with two different UY.

94AE159E-5E28-468B-9C32-C435073BB725.jpeg

And I only have 2! I think @bobbiwoz has several!

Last edited:
Thank you! That’s super helpful. I’m so torn because the different use year contract has all 2019 2020 and 2021 points at a great price whereas one in my use year only has 2020 and 2021 points and slightly lower price than the different use year contract. I guess it comes down to how often I think I’d need points from both contracts for a reservation. On a different point, if I book a vacation with just the resale points, can I still use the blue member card for benefits or is it somehow based on which contract you make the reservation from? Again, I really appreciate the help!

Thank you! That’s super helpful. I’m so torn because the different use year contract has all 2019 2020 and 2021 points at a great price whereas one in my use year only has 2020 and 2021 points and slightly lower price than the different use year contract. I guess it comes down to how often I think I’d need points from both contracts for a reservation. On a different point, if I book a vacation with just the resale points, can I still use the blue member card for benefits or is it somehow based on which contract you make the reservation from? Again, I really appreciate the help!

As long as you have Direct Points, you are a Blue Card holder, regardless of what contract you use. Our first contract is direct and other two are resale. Never had any issue. That was exactly my problem! Every contract in my general use year was never a fully loaded contract!!!! Our first four offers were all on stripped contracts!!! Then along came this one with the exact number of points I was hoping for, fully loaded, but just different UY. By this point, we just jumped on it because we were just so sick and tired of wasting so much time! I’m sure every summer we are going to have some sort of headache, but it is worth if you’re getting what you want!! Eventually we will all figure it out! 😆

PS - just note that this is still all new for me (having different use years), somebody else who has more experience might be able to share with you a bit more of their experience!

Last edited:
As long as you have Direct Points, you are a Blue Card holder, regardless of what contract you use. Our first contract is direct and other two are resale. Never had any issue. That was exactly my problem! Every contract in my general use year was never a fully loaded contract!!!! Our first four offers were all on stripped contracts!!! Then along came this one with the exact number of points I was hoping for, fully loaded, but just different UY. By this point, we just jumped on it because we were just so sick and tired of wasting so much time! I’m sure every summer we are going to have some sort of headache, but it is worth if you’re getting what you want!! Eventually we will all figure it out! 😆

PS - just note that this is still all new for me (having different use years), somebody else who has more experience might be able to share with you a bit more of their experience!
Awesome - thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter