New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
I have 3 contracts 2 different use years, 3 different membership numbers. It isn’t a problem for me because I bought each contract for specific trips each year, so I won’t have to worry about combining points on a single trip. I think if you’re planning to combine points for a single trip it can be a hassle with transferring points, and transferred points not being available for online reservations so you have to call missing the 8 am window on hard to get rooms. On the other hand I think different UY gives you more flexibility on the off chance you need to cancel a reservation and having your points returned while still bankable. It can be confusing when you’re first stating out (I’ve only been a member for 18 months, still confused sometimes :) ) but if you sit down an learn the point transfer/booking and banking/borrowing rules and how they may affect your personal situation it will go a long ways towards deciding if different UY will work for you.

I have 3 contracts 2 different use years, 3 different membership numbers. It isn’t a problem for me because I bought each contract for specific trips each year, so I won’t have to worry about combining points on a single trip. I think if you’re planning to combine points for a single trip it can be a hassle with transferring points, and transferred points not being available for online reservations so you have to call missing the 8 am window on hard to get rooms. On the other hand I think different UY gives you more flexibility on the off chance you need to cancel a reservation and having your points returned while still bankable. It can be confusing when you’re first stating out (I’ve only been a member for 18 months, still confused sometimes :) ) but if you sit down an learn the point transfer/booking and banking/borrowing rules and how they may affect your personal situation it will go a long ways towards deciding if different UY will work for you.
Thanks so much - appreciate the input. I really don't think it'll be a problem and I tend to be pretty organized about things so should be able to keep track of what I'm using for which trips etc. I put in an offer a little while ago so we'll see what happens. As the sales agent said, it's really like having different checking accounts which thankfully I can manage just fine with and am not a complete train wreck! So, I'm hopeful things move forward even though they're different use years and I get through ROFR. Thank you again for the help!

Thanks so much - appreciate the input. I really don't think it'll be a problem and I tend to be pretty organized about things so should be able to keep track of what I'm using for which trips etc. I put in an offer a little while ago so we'll see what happens. As the sales agent said, it's really like having different checking accounts which thankfully I can manage just fine with and am not a complete train wreck! So, I'm hopeful things move forward even though they're different use years and I get through ROFR. Thank you again for the help!

GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep us posted! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

When we booked recently, I got a great CM over the phone who literally spelled everything out for me. Gave me his extension and told me to call him directly when I was ready to book! It was nice how he went that additional mile for a multiple UY newbie! How are you feeling?

Best of luck with ROFR. pooh:

When we booked recently, I got a great CM over the phone who literally spelled everything out for me. Gave me his extension and told me to call him directly when I was ready to book! It was nice how he went that additional mile for a multiple UY newbie! How are you feeling?

I’ve always been impressed with MS when I’ve needed to call, never have had a problem, if they can’t help they find someone who can.

I’m feeling great, thanks for asking, back to my normal cantankerous self.😂

I’ve always been impressed with MS when I’ve needed to call, never have had a problem, if they can’t help they find someone who can.

I’m feeling great, thanks for asking, back to my normal cantankerous self.😂

Wow, interesting to know!!!! 😂 😂 I hope you’re not “cantankerous” when at Disney. Actually, I hope you don’t actually use that word. Ever! 😝 Happy you’re feeling better!

Wow, interesting to know!!!! 😂 😂 I hope you’re not “cantankerous” when at Disney. Actually, I hope you don’t actually use that word. Ever! 😝 Happy you’re feeling better!

I’m here to expand your vocabulary.:rotfl2:

I’m actually not a people person, some of the morons at Disney make me extremely cantankerous, but I hide it well.:-)

I’m here to expand your vocabulary.:rotfl2:

I’m actually not a people person, some of the morons at Disney make me extremely cantankerous, but I hide it well.:-)

No way! I find that hard to believe! And I’m all for using new vocabulary, and I appreciate the new weird word you threw out there, but when describing my mood (when people annoy me), I prefer to use words I can’t type here 😂 🤬

Hello my fellow New Jerseyans

So I need some opinions/advice- My husband and I are current owners (resale at Poly after all restrictions) So when we brought we got 100 points and then found a small 50 points at poly with same use year and we jumped on that- So now we have 150 pts and we told ourselves we will only go once ever year and sometimes every other year. Our first taste of DVC was when I came across an article about using deluxe resorts for less by renting points- So we rented points for our Labor day trip in 2019- which saved us because our flight got canceled (HURRICANE) and I was able to use to points from our new contracts to stay an extra night; as opposed to having to pay cash for that room.

Fast forward to now, we booked another trip for Memorial day week. So we are already going more than expected and now are thinking about adding on direct for those Annual Passes. So here's my question- We know we need 100 pts however my siblings will also be buying resale-along with my mom- so we are 3 siblings and we are planing on buying the 100 points joint with my mom- so 25% for each- we really are doing this for the perks and we will alternate using these points or use them when we all go together.

So should we buy in Riviera or save money and go with Old Key west for 3 years less.

Also, has anyone done this or handled a joint contract with another family member.- I know this will cause me to have a different username.

Last edited:
Hello my fellow New Jerseyans

So I need some opinions/advice- My husband and I are current owners (resale at Poly after all restrictions) So when we brought we got 100 points and then found a small 50 points at poly with same use year and we jumped on that- So now we have 150 pts and we told ourselves we will only go once ever year and sometimes every other year. Our first taste of DVC was when I came across an article about using deluxe resorts for less by renting points- So we rented points for our Labor day trip in 2019- which saved us because our flight got canceled (HURRICANE) and I was able to use to points from our new contracts to stay an extra night; as opposed to having to pay cash for that room.

Fast forward to now, we booked another trip for Memorial day week. So we are already going more than expected and now are thinking about adding on direct for those Annual Passes. So here's my question- We know we need 100 pts however my siblings will also be buying resale-along with my mom- so we are 3 siblings and we are planing on buying the 100 points joint with my mom- so 25% for each- we really are doing this for the perks and we will alternate using these points or use them when we all go together.

So should we buy in Riviera or save money and go with Old Key west for 3 years less.

Also, has anyone done this or handled a joint contract with another family member.- I know this will cause me to have a different username.

If you're only doing it for the perks, I would probably go with OKW, unless you really want to stay at Riviera, how availability at Riviera will be at 7 months remains to be seen.

You will keep your existing username and password, they will just add a new member number to that account.

If you're only doing it for the perks, I would probably go with OKW, unless you really want to stay at Riviera, how availability at Riviera will be at 7 months remains to be seen.

You will keep your existing username and password, they will just add a new member number to that account.

They told me that since it will be deeded different than my first 2 contracts; I will get a whole new user name and password. That's what I first thought go with OKW; but now maybe thinking the Riviera so my parents can use the Tower studio when its just them. LOL IDK it just look so pretty-lol

They told me that since it will be deeded different than my first 2 contracts; I will get a whole new user name and password. That's what I first thought go with OKW; but now maybe thinking the Riviera so my parents can use the Tower studio when its just them. LOL IDK it just look so pretty-lol

I bought my first direct contract with my wife, son, daughter and myself as owners, i bought my second and third resale contracts with only my wife and I as owners. All three contracts are on the same DVC account with my original log in. You will just get different membership numbers on the same account. There is some erroneous information floating around out there as I had the same misconception when I bought my second contract. :-)

I bought my first direct contract with my wife, son, daughter and myself as owners, i bought my second and third resale contracts with only my wife and I as owners. All three contracts are on the same DVC account with my original log in. You will just get different membership numbers on the same account. There is some erroneous information floating around out there as I had the same misconception when I bought my second contract. :-)
Well it's sad that this info came from a DVC sales person. LOL

Hi,
VDH730- we are owners at Copper Creek and we just love it! We bought about 2 years ago and wish we did sooner and can’t wait to add on more. We usually do one large trip as a family and if my H and I can sneak in a quick 1-2 trip we do that too, sans kids.
We are from Toms River, NJ.

Hi,
VDH730- we are owners at Copper Creek and we just love it! We bought about 2 years ago and wish we did sooner and can’t wait to add on more. We usually do one large trip as a family and if my H and I can sneak in a quick 1-2 trip we do that too, sans kids.

Welcome. pooh:

Hi,

:welcome: Happy you found us! I’ll be sure to get you up under your Home Resort!

Just got my wife's school calendar for 2020/2021........I'm gonna need more Boardwalk points. :rotfl2:
Hahahaha, I just got my calendar ( accountant for a school district) - and now online looking for add on points... You really can't have too many points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter