New Kong Tidbit

TonyM

Earning My Ears
Check out this info regarding Universal's involvement in another remake of the classic "King Kong" movie
While promoting his next film, The Fellowship of the Ring, director Peter Jackson explained to reporters why his King Kong project stalled before it ever got off the ground. "“We were developing King Kong and The Lord of the Rings at the same time and we decided to make King Kong first,” the director said (and as was reported by Cinescape. “[Unfortunately,] Universal canned the movie after we worked on it for about six months.

“[Universal’s] Dante's Peak and Fox's Volcano had sort of raced to see which was going to release first. Universal had poured millions of dollars into Dante's Peak to win that race and King Kong was looking like it was going to be the third movie in a year when Godzilla and Mighty Joe Young were due to be released. Universal just didn't have the stomach for another race to try and get Kong out before those other two films. So they decided to pull out, but we literally – because we had both films sort of there – finished Kong one day and The Lord of the Rings started the next day. We were able to switch over and all of the people that we had hired for Kong – because we had some designers and CG people working – we were able to immediately switch them on to The The Lord of the Rings”

Does this mean that the idea of a remake is permanently shelved or just temporarily set aside until later?
Who knows, but regardless of their decision, it shows that Universal still holds a spot for Kong somewhere.
HAVE FUN

Wasn't Kong remade and sucked beyond belief??? I'm looking at you Jeff Bridges and Charles Grodin! Nothing replaces the original with it's glorious animation. I don't think we need another attempt either. Let this one sit on the shelf, don't degrade the Kong tradition any further.

You mentioned Jeff Bridges and Charles Grodin, but you forgot Jessica Lange.
If that one "found" her, who will another remake discover.
HAVE FUN

Really? It "found" her? I never pinpointed which bad movie started her career! I'm surprised Bridges got respect after that. I mean he is quite good, but Kong? As for Grodin, well, I think I will let his loss of work speak for himself as the only good movie after that involves him scolding a man-child and his little dino Stephan.

I thought that Grodin did his best work opposite Letterman on "Late Night"
HAVE FUN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter