TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
I am so glad I found this forum! My family will be going to WDW on Oct 27. We will be staying at FW (with two 11 yr old boys). This is my 1st time at WDW (I'm more excited than anyone). Is there anything that anyone would suggest we bring with us at this time of year? (does anyone know if all 3 water parks will be open?). Any advice would really help. Thanks in advance.

Welcome!! I'm so excited for you!! You will absolutely LOVE Fort Wilderness! The kids will have room to run around and have fun, without having to worry about bothering the people in the room next to you! LOL!

There is so much to do at FW - you can visit the petting farm and blacksmith shop, go to the campfire program in the evening, go fishing in the pond, visit the trading posts, walk on the nature trail, go on the hayride in the evening, sit on the beach and watch the MK fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant, rent water mice, rent bikes or a golf cart and explore the campground, visit the horse barns, eat at the Trail's End Buffet, and the list goes on and on.....

October is usually a very nice time of year to stay at FW. If you are tent camping, I would suggest bringing along a screen tent to keep the rain and bugs out. Bring an extra blanket, in case it's cool, and bring a fan, in case it's hot! LOL!

Let us know if you have any other specific questions! :D

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter