New neighbor construction update w/photos

When is Reflections scheduled to open? What is the purpose of this hotel beside the campground? Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge give that "wilderness" effect but yet a hotel stay? Am I missing something altogether?

I think location has as much to do with that as anything. Trying to create a different ambiance and experience while nestling the resort between FW and WL would have created a real challenge. They had to incorporate the woods in some manner. That said, I think the 'Lakeside Lodge' theming is meant to distinguish it, somewhat, from its 'wilderness' counterparts on each side.

Opening in 2022? Oooch! We're going to the Fort in Spring 2021 and we love the 100 loop. I wonder how bad the construction noise & traffic is going to be?

Those DVC folks will come over to the Fort to use our famous Trails End, P&J's Southern Takeout, and Hoop Dee Doo Review options at Pioneer Hall (although no doubt they'll have some bland dining options of their own).
BamaEd-latest rumor we heard from a Boat Captain last week was Hoop Dee Doo Review and Crockett's Tavern will be moving to Reflections. Sounds more like we will be walking in their direction rather then them coming our way. But as we know, we can't believe anything we hear unless it comes from a Bus Driver-LOL!

BamaEd-latest rumor we heard from a Boat Captain last week was Hoop Dee Doo Review and Crockett's Tavern will be moving to Reflections. Sounds more like we will be walking in their direction rather then them coming our way. But as we know, we can't believe anything we hear unless it comes from a Bus Driver-LOL!

We had a FW CM tell us that they were basically going to pick up HDD and rotate it towards Reflections. I kind of laughed it off at the time, but you never know what they're going to do!

Again, it wasn't from a bus driver, so I took it with a big grain of salt! LOL!

I don't see that happening in any way. HDDR functions at high capacity at current form and the space and theme meld into FW without being excessively disruptive. I don't see them putting that type of a crowd-generating event into a stand-alone DVC resort.

heard from a Boat Captain last week was Hoop Dee Doo Review and Crockett's Tavern will be moving to Reflections.
We had a FW CM tell us that they were basically going to pick up HDD and rotate it towards Reflections.
You have to remember Disney doesn't do anything without a well calculated ROI. Both of the things above will cost $$$ with no apparent return. In my book, that means it probably isn't going to happen.

j

Turning it to face Reflections wouldn't gain enough money to justify the cost. The two buildings are essentially joined, so the ENTIRE HDR and Trail's End would have to be moved.

Would it make sense for the two meal options of a resort to move to another resort? Nope. Then you have guests at one resort with no options (making it the only resort with no options...don't think so) while another resort doesn't get new dining options, they get what someone else had?
huh.gif

Doesn't even begin to make sense. Don't see it happening.

Boat captains...:rolleyes2

from the way it appears to be build it would not be that big of a project to rotate it I am thinking that it would be 90 to 120 degrees counterclockwise.

I would make sense if the new resort bus area and the new south parking areas are how HDDR guests will be arriving other than by boats

I doubt these will happen although who know?

Hoop Dee Doo with its rollicking show tunes, jokes, and dancing don't seem to jive with the quiet, mild, introspective description of "Reflections". It does make me wonder, though, if Pioneer Hall would be considered too small with that big a potential audience dropped right next door. But it's already available to any one on or off property so probably not. And you still have the service delivery road on the back of Trails End for deliveries and the bathrooms and Ticket/Concierge windows next to HDDR. The backside of TE is not photogenic and the delivery road won't be going anywhere.

And Crockett's will likely stay where it is. It takes up little space and it's primarily there to serve the guests waiting to be seated at HDDR or TE. Limited food menu (finger/bar food) and few tv's so it's not a place for folks to really congregate and hang out for an hour or two. I have better offerings at my campsite!

Reflections will probably have a Quick Service and Table Service restaurant and some quiet corner with a bar of its own.

It sounds like the boat drivers want to be promoted to bus drivers. But again, you never know. :confused3

Bama Ed

There was an earlier comment as to how WDW is going to get the guests from the new resort to MK or elsewhere around the lakes

In looking at the rendering I see 6 berths for boats that appear to be at least as large if not significantly larger than the current cruisers or friendships at EPCOT. If that configuration stands that could mean a capability or over 2400 per hour 1 way (200 per boats 2 trips per hour, 6 ships)

I wonder if further improvement/expansion of the MK docks are planned

There was an earlier comment as to how WDW is going to get the guests from the new resort to MK or elsewhere around the lakes

In looking at the rendering I see 6 berths for boats that appear to be at least as large if not significantly larger than the current cruisers or friendships at EPCOT. If that configuration stands that could mean a capability or over 2400 per hour 1 way (200 per boats 2 trips per hour, 6 ships)

I wonder if further improvement/expansion of the MK docks are planned

If I recall, FW and WL share the same covered dock. There is the smaller docking area closer to the Monorail station that has room. Either way, I would for sure assume there will have to be something added/expanded.

If I recall, FW and WL share the same covered dock. There is the smaller docking area closer to the Monorail station that has room. Either way, I would for sure assume there will have to be something added/expanded.

They may have WL and Reflections share a dock now and move FW to the small dock under the monorail station.

I’m sorry if this has been brought up before but I skimmed through and didn’t see anything. Are you still able to watch the fireworks from the beach? I know there is construction going on and I wasn’t sure if that entire area was blocked off. We’ll be back at the cabins the first week of May and last time we were there we really enjoyed watching HEA from there!

A-Rose,

Yes! The beach is a little different now. They have shifted the "beach" to the other side (right as you are facing the water) of the marina office. This is actually the original Clementine's Beach when the Fort first opened. From a fireworks perspective, it is a little better angle to view from.

j

What does everyone think will happen with reflections in the short medium and long term.

My guess is that they will get the foundations and underground work in I think the hotel portion will be placed on hold for 1 to 2 years at least. I think the DVC side and common areas where the 2 parts join will be delayed for maybe 6 months and then move forward.

Some of the minor components like the dock and any HDDR changes may be attempted during the shut down.

I could even see the hotel portion being changed to DVC also if bookings remain soft for an extended time after re-opening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!