New phone....no episodes?

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
Got a new phone and now noticed that I can’t see any episodes past June 2019. I deleted the podcast and trie to re-subscribe. On the apple podcast page, no episodes are showing past June 4, 2019. What gives? Am I missing something? Thanks.

How did you try to subscribe? What are your settings regarding new episodes?

Beware that if you have an Apple Watch the podcast downloads can take up a lot of storage space.

How did you try to subscribe? What are your settings regarding new episodes?

Beware that if you have an Apple Watch the podcast downloads can take up a lot of storage space.
The setting say to Dowload New Episodes. However, I can’t even see old episodes available. And I didn’t finish this weeks episode. All other podcasts are showing ever

I’m using overcast. I’m having no issues seeing and downloading podcasts. I just downloaded one from 2006.

On my iPhone (Apple Podcasts app) I noticed that either Saturday 2/8 or late Friday 2/7, all of a sudden there were a bunch of old episodes (June 4, 2019 and earlier) showing up on my main DIS Unplugged feed as if they were new episodes. In addition to the regular WDW episodes on the feed, there are episodes from other shows: the DVC Show, Moving to Orlando, Disney Cruise Line Show, and Disney Dining Show. I thought I saw some from Connecting with Walt as well, but I don't see them now.

As others have said, there are no 2020 episodes on the feed, there's nothing newer than June 4, 2019.

This is a bit extreme. Make a note of your podcast subscriptions. Then, delete the apple podcast app. Tell it to not save settings if prompted. Reboot phone. Go to the App Store and download the podcast app or some other app.

since I am not having the issue, I wonder if the issue is a corrupted file or setting in the app.

Don't bother. Same on Android. I was listening to the new show yesterday but today when I went to go listen to the resst of it the "newest" show is from last year.

Don't bother. Same on Android. I was listening to the new show yesterday but today when I went to go listen to the resst of it the "newest" show is from last year.
Thanks. Good to know it’s across platforms and devices. Hopefully Craig is aware.

Hey Steve do you not just listen on YouTube? Much more convenient but hopefully you find solutions

The problem is also apparent on Stitcher. Strangely, the latest episodes are in my Favorites page, but do not show up when you look up the show. The last one in that list is from June 2019.

YT is not very convenient if you want to listen in your car or while exercisin.

Not true, in fact, it's INSANELY convenient. Are you a Red member? I control Youtube from my CarPlay. Also, when I'm in the gym you don't need to have the screen on. I listen to all my podcasts, concerts, etc. on YouTube. It's great!

Also, if you don't want to shell out the few dollars a month there are free apps that will allow you to shut your screen off when watching (listening) to Youtube.

Not true, in fact, it's INSANELY convenient. Are you a Red member? I control Youtube from my CarPlay. Also, when I'm in the gym you don't need to have the screen on. I listen to all my podcasts, concerts, etc. on YouTube. It's great!

Also, if you don't want to shell out the few dollars a month there are free apps that will allow you to shut your screen off when watching (listening) to Youtube.
I know all of that, but how is that more convenient than an app designed specifically for audio only, and that does not require a monthly subscription ?

Yep, they also no longer show in my “recently played” history. I had just listen to the B&W a couple of days ago, for which I started a thread about. That channel is gone back to May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter