"New" Rider Swap during EMH

I know this has been a popular topic in the past, but I cannot find anything on this topic that postdates the implementation of the digital rider swap system this summer.

Will standby rider swaps be granted to families during EMH (in particular morning EMH) on headliner attractions like 7DMT, FOP, or Soarin'?

I understand denying families swaps if a ride is a "walk on" but wait times at these attractions build rapidly in just a few minutes and can mean the difference between doing 3-4 things in an hour and standing in lines all morning and want to plan effectively for our trip.

Yes, you can do RS during EMH. We did this on our last trip. We did TSL during EMH. We both had been through SDD using RS before the park opened to the public. Same procedure as RS during regular park hours.

This is great News! With the old system we were denied swaps during EMH several times. Will they also grant a swap if you get in line early with a PPO Bfast at say Soarin'?

This is great News! With the old system we were denied swaps during EMH several times. Will they also grant a swap if you get in line early with a PPO Bfast at say Soarin'?

I'm not sure about getting in line after a PPO breakfast for Soarin' because I haven't done that, but I would think so because by the time you would get out, the regular line would be open and building because don't they usually just let you in a few min. early. Maybe they wouldn't if you both had the time to go through and ride before regular park opening??? The new system though gives you a return time so you have to use the FP within that return time. For instance with SDD, my husband got in line around 7:05. The line was slated as 45 min. My return time was something like 7:40-8:40. The park opened at 8:00. The line wasn't quite 45 min long. I ended up having ridden SDD before 8 with the FP, which was awesome because there was no FP line yet. I walked all the way up to SDD. I suppose this could vary a bit attraction to attraction or maybe AM and PM EMH, but I never had an issue during our last trip. Full disclosure, we don't generally do PM EMH so I never tried a RS during those.

Don't forget if you have older kids, they can ride twice but you have to ask and get their bands scanned so they have the FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter