New rooms at Grand Californian!

Marilynbn

I LOVE DISNEY! DIS member since 1999
Today there was a release in one of my TA on-line magazines that reported that the Grand Californian is undergoing some room renovations. I would love to see these so if and when someone stays in one of these newly furnished rooms please post here. The article also stated that the concierge rooms and suites will get flat screen T.V's. The new Mandara Spa is opening soon too. Marilyn :sunny:

Marilynbn said:
Today there was a release in one of my TA on-line magazines that reported that the Grand Californian is undergoing some room renovations. I would love to see these so if and when someone stays in one of these newly furnished rooms please post here. The article also stated that the concierge rooms and suites will get flat screen T.V's. The new Mandara Spa is opening soon too. Marilyn :sunny:

Well I sure hope that for a deluxe/luxury hotel they bring themselves up to the standard of the local Fairfield, Holiday Inn and other budget hotels by adding a sofa sleeper/daybed/pull out chair instead of advertising that a room sleeps 5 and that 5th person may end up having to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag! What I get a kick out of is that when they tell you this tidbit of information as they're processing your hefty payment to stay there, they act as if this is a totally normal, everyday, acceptable thing in the hotel industry. :rolleyes:

They have always had rooms with a King bed and a sofa sleeper as well as rooms with a queen and bunkbed with trundle. Marilyn :sunny:

I have been watching the spa construction and it is looking amazing. The spa is replacing the arcade and fitness center. I can't wait to get in there to try some services. I have friends that will be doing some "free testing" as castmembers.

GreenGirl8 said:
I have been watching the spa construction and it is looking amazing. The spa is replacing the arcade and fitness center. I can't wait to get in there to try some services. I have friends that will be doing some "free testing" as castmembers.
When is this supposed to be finished? By mid-May I hope?

Marilynbn said:
They have always had rooms with a King bed and a sofa sleeper as well as rooms with a queen and bunkbed with trundle. Marilyn :sunny:

The king/sofa bed configuration doesn't sleep 5. The queen/bunk bed/trundle does, but they also say its not guaranteed that you'll get this. They do say that if they don't have any of those rooms available, the 5th person sleeps on the floor.

Marilynbn said:

So, can anyone confirm the room upgrades? Just curious for our trip in December. :banana:

Marilynbn said:
But, they won't guarantee that a family of 5 will get a 5th bed. They guarantee there will be beds for 4 and a sleeping bag. Past that is luck, even if you are paying extra for concierge.

:lmao: :lmao: You know what I love about that?! If you went in there and asked for a 4 room sleep accomadation and had one other person with you, and said " oh we have one extra, there going to sleep on the floor." They would say NO WAY :rotfl2: I was goint to plan a girls sleepover in the "Princess Room" and I was told anyone who was in the room had to have a bed or I would need to rent other rooms. NO Bags Allowed! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter