New Security Procedures

My recent experiences walking from Harbor-

Friday to make rope drop was about 10-15 minutes
Friday around 5 pm was about 20 minutes
Saturday at opening was about 30-40 minutes. A lot of the problem was many of the middle line of people not breaking off to the other checkpoints. When we passed the dog checkpoint we left the ""line" and went to far side security line.
Saturday around 10 am was no wait.

They are more thorough than in the past about checking every single zipper pocket. I always have every zipper open for them before I get to the table. I think another thing that holds up the line is people not getting their bags ready to be checked.

Once we got through security the line to get into the parks was very quick, almost no wait at all.
Thanks for sharing. What was "opening" on Saturday for you in terms of entering the security line? 7:00, 7:30, 8:00?

I'm not trying to be critical, simply trying to understand what the line might be like in the morning and how early to get there. I typically in the past arrived between 7:00 to 7:15 on Harbor and waited less than 10 minutes once the check opens.

The last two mornings I rope dropped and hit harbor security at 645am and then through security at 7am when they opened. They were doing the new behind plexi glass thing. I was at the front of the line, but it seemed to move slow.

Then this morning I arrived to harbor about 9am, no line really but they seemed to be doing it the "old" way and the plexi glass was pushed out of the way and not used/ they searched bag, handed it to me, then had me put it on another table next to scanner, walk through scanner and pick up bag on the other side.

The last two mornings I rope dropped and hit harbor security at 645am and then through security at 7am when they opened. They were doing the new behind plexi glass thing. I was at the front of the line, but it seemed to move slow.

Then this morning I arrived to harbor about 9am, no line really but they seemed to be doing it the "old" way and the plexi glass was pushed out of the way and not used/ they searched bag, handed it to me, then had me put it on another table next to scanner, walk through scanner and pick up bag on the other side.
That dedication! The last time I tried to get there for rope drop I’d planned on leaving home at 6:30 to hopefully get there for 8 but something always happens so I’ve resolved for a 10-12 arrival these days. I wish I was a morning person again, I miss it.

Thanks for sharing! It's really helpful.

If people can please continue sharing Harbor security experiences, I will really appreciate it! I'm particularly interested in morning 7:00-7:15 and afternoon 4:00-5:00.

Thanks for sharing! It's really helpful.

If people can please continue sharing Harbor security experiences, I will really appreciate it! I'm particularly interested in morning 7:00-7:15 and afternoon 4:00-5:00.
I've arrived about 3-4 in the afternoon last couple days after a hotel break and it was never backed up on harbor. I've walked right in.

I've arrived about 3-4 in the afternoon last couple days after a hotel break and it was never backed up on harbor. I've walked right in.
Thanks for sharing with everyone about your trip, it's really helpful and wonderful to live vicariously through you!

Thanks for sharing. What was "opening" on Saturday for you in terms of entering the security line? 7:00, 7:30, 8:00?

I'm not trying to be critical, simply trying to understand what the line might be like in the morning and how early to get there. I typically in the past arrived between 7:00 to 7:15 on Harbor and waited less than 10 minutes once the check opens.
DL opened at 8 that day, and that's about when we arrived at the security line.

What is the security line like over by the Disneyland hotel/Downtown Disney entrance? What time do they let people start walking through to get to the esplanade?

There has been a ‘report’ that people and/or group of people posting online about how they are sneaking in items in wipe packs, pringles cans, stuff like that.

Can’t validate it but it would explain the minute attention to objects.

Gotta love the internet, quit posting hacks of stupidity people. 🤣

What is the security line like over by the Disneyland hotel/Downtown Disney entrance? What time do they let people start walking through to get to the esplanade?
This past Saturday early afternoon, the line on the Disneyland Hotel side was about 20 minutes (line went down thr block towards Pixar Place, but moved quickly). Sunday morning at about 7:30 am, there was no wait. I don't know when they opened... I'm guessing closer to 7 am, as hotel guests could have entered DCA at 7:30 that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter